Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
WayneFleekHoosier

Spurs vs. Heat

I know there are many Lebron haters out there but I am not one of them. He is amazing. He is a power forward with point guard skills, shooting guard skills, driving ability, and post play. He guards the 1-4 exceptionally. The cramping game was a major disappointment but ultimately reaffirms how important he is to his team. He makes 2 other phenomenal players in Bosh and Wade look much more ordinary than anyone else would.

This series has been excellent so far, and I expect it to go 6 or 7. I love Duncan as a player and person. I am considerably impressed by Parker and Ginobilli when I watch them.

Just beautiful basketball by both teams. Smart players and smart teams!

Not a big fan of his attitude, but there is absolutely no doubt the man is one of the most skilled players we will ever see.  However, it is a shame the Parker and Duncan both missed a pair of free throws in a row...they could easily be sitting pretty with a 2-0 cushion right now.

The Pacers exhausted me to the point where I need about five months without basketball, so I'm not going to watch much, if any, of this series. 

Both of these teams have vastly superior ball movement and offensive sets compared to the Pacers. I attribute some of the Pacers' offensive woes to tired legs late in the season, but I hope they're watching these teams move the ball. It was beyond irritating watching the Pacers chase Miami everywhere defensively while forcing up tough shots on their end of the floor. 

Lebron does not have much class, he is just a very large and athletic man, which makes his play look ugly and he is not fun to watch. All he has ever done is play basketball and work out, if he would of had to go to college for a year, it would have been   UK.

Miami has James, Wade Bosh, Battiae, and oh yes,......they also need the best 3 point shooter in NBA history too in Ray Allen,.................a bunch of sellouts.    As you can see I think Lebron is a very good basketball player, and that is all he is. Jordan was mush more fun to watch.

Lebron does not have much class, he is just a very large and athletic man, which makes his play look ugly and he is not fun to watch. All he has ever done is play basketball and work out, if he would of had to go to college for a year, it would have been   UK.
Miami has James, Wade Bosh, Battiae, and oh yes,......they also need the best 3 point shooter in NBA history too in Ray Allen,.................a bunch of sellouts.    As you can see I think Lebron is a very good basketball player, and that is all he is. Jordan was mush more fun to watch.

Large and athletic? Yes. But ugly and not fun to watch? He is a 6'8" point forward with crazy vision and tremendous skills. Don't let "The Decision" tarnish your view, plus he donated the proceeds of that event to a good cause anyway.

The NBA is infuriating to watch. Flopping, traveling, double dribbles, complaining, foulis on every drive. It's not even basketball anymore. Did you know that when Joey Crawford is the ref when the Heat play they're like 41-16 and when he isn't they are .500? NBA is a joke. 

I hate the LeBron and Heat thing. I'm not a fan of the Heat but I try to defend LeBron because of the crap he gets that he doesn't deserve. He's a tremendous basketball player but "The Decision" both ruined and helped his basketball career. It's hard to even defend him now without being called a bandwagon or Heat fan.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'll never understand the hate for LeBron. I mean a lot people don't just dislike he guy. There is some legit hatred there.

I don't blame him for getting out of Cleveland, and it's not like that Heat roster is amazing either. He's carrying the load for them.

I'll never understand the hate for LeBron. I mean a lot people don't just dislike he guy. There is some legit hatred there.

I don't blame him for getting out of Cleveland, and it's not like that Heat roster is amazing either. He's carrying the load for them.

Cleveland did LeBron no favors with that roster. I agree he needed to move on. But he made a media spectacle about it. What he didn't know was that his hour on TV talking about the decision, hundreds of business owners in downtown Cleveland were about to hear whether or not they would stay afloat. He affected a lot more than a basketball team. You don't act like that when so much is at stake. An hour special? Just say you're leaving and spare us the Jersey Shore reality TV drama crap. 

First and foremost the NBA is a business. They will always do what is in the best interest to make more money. They also assign the refs to the games and get the outcome they want more often than not. <br /><br /><br />Sent from my sarcastic iPhone using BrownBanners<br />

The NBA is infuriating to watch. Flopping, traveling, double dribbles, complaining, foulis on every drive. It's not even basketball anymore. Did you know that when Joey Crawford is the ref when the Heat play they're like 41-16 and when he isn't they are .500? NBA is a joke.

Joey is actually one of the better refs in the NBA. Dude gets such a bad rep because he loves the spotlight, which I understand. But in terms of calls he is one of the best out there.There are far worse than him, Danny Crawford for one is horrible

That isn't true. Some uninformed blogger posted that in frustration and since it was somebody on the Internet complaining about Miami, everyone took it and ran with it. 

If we're talking only about Miami with Lebron, here are the actual numbers: 13-11 with Crawford, 83-41 without. 

People don't like Joey Crawford because of his wild gestures, but home teams only win by an average of 1.1 points when he officiates and about 50.7 percent of his foul calls are on home teams. He's not a bad ref, and if anything, I think he LIKES getting booed and pissing off superstars. 

For the second year in a row, we have the Spurs vs Heat. Is this a good thing or a bad thing? For sure, they are the two best teams in the league and have been for the entire season (Pacers..ouch... i won't go there). With the major teams in slumps without their star players, the NBA has, at least IMO, become a little dull and predictable. I quit watching for a few years as my love for IU grew to an all-time high. I have started watching the NBA more often as the future somewhat looks bright with Oladipo and these up-coming Rookies. Not to mention, My Lakers blow, so it's actually exciting to see what will happen with that... Reminds me of our "Dark" days.. the Devan Dumes days.

As for Lebron, he is a top 10 player of all time already. He recently (past year) as entered his prime IMO. His shooting and IQ have improved greatly. He can literally do it all, although , i still don't think he is the MOST skilled in the NBA currently. Skills being the total package of mental game, handles, shooting, footwork, IQ, leadership. If he wins this year, which i don't think will happen, there will be a lot of talk about the downfall of the heat on ESPN and such. With the East being awful (actually GARBAGE) this past season, the heat will continue to dominate the conference as long as the "big 3" remain there. I don't see the eastern conference improving much. But i believe everyone has to at least respect Lebron as a PLAYER. he's something else...

Lastly, let me say, i think it's time Timmy wins a ring again. He deserves it. At his age, he continues to show why is he considered the great PF of all time. Just watching the spurs play basketball is fun. The way they move the ball and their spacing is incredible. Let us give props to Pop. He's done an amazing job and i believe if Spurs win, Manu, Timmy, and Pop will call it a career and head to Costa Rica

*or maybe Pop could become our new assistant ;)

I would love to see Tim Duncan win one last ring. He's been a consummate pro his entire career and is IMO the greatest PF of all-time. A 5th ring would put him on par with Magic, Kobe and a few others. Also, I'd just hate to see guys like Duncan, Manu, Pop, etc. go out with two Finals losses, especially after how last year ended.

I'm still stunned at how they blew Game 6 last year.