Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
WayneFleekHoosier

Spurs vs. Heat

I think the Spurs really need to win tonight. Miami rarely losses 2 in a row, so losing tonight and then winning both Games 4-5, which they'd almost have to do if they lose tonight, would be very tough for SA.

Feel like the heat are a bunch of whiners on every play where they miss a shot, turn it over, or any minor physical contact in this game 3. Refs are responding with calls going their way. Love the way the spurs compose themselves on the court (and off the court, in comparison). Frustrating seeing whiners win haha.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Long way to go. Spurs needed this one, now Miami needs the next. If it goes back to SA 2-2 it's anyone's series.

Well that fizzled out. Great game by Spurs. Heat might have cost themselves the series tonight.

that certainly escalated from the last game...

71 points in the 1st half for the Spurs, only to follow with 15 in the entire 3rd quarter...at which I thought they were done...

only to bounce back with a strong 4th...kudos to the Spurs for doing what the Pacers could not do...win in Miami.

*Cue the Kawhi Leonard lovefest, lets all ignore how awful he was on both ends of the court in games 1 and 2. Dude gets way more hype than he deserves

Cue the regret of getting George Hill in that trade

[quote name="CampCrean" post="69973" timestamp="1402497332"]Cue the regret of getting George Hill in that trade[/quote]

Where would Leonard fit on this Pacers team though? A 6'7 3 man that plays very good defense is exactly what we have in PG. Except PG is 6'9 AND can create for himself on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Where would Leonard fit on this Pacers team though? A 6'7 3 man that plays very good defense is exactly what we have in PG. Except PG is 6'9 AND can create for himself on offense.

Seriously? After that playoff performance you couldn't find a spot for Leonard? George Hill is in the bottom 5 starting PGs in the league. CJ Watson could start. Paul George can bring the ball down. Hell, Scola could. That was an absolutely bonkers trade and it's showing. George Hill would be great off of the bench, but he has proven he isn't a starting PG in the NBA. Woj, Simmons, Patrick, Mohr, Rome, and everyone at ESPN said the same thing: the Pacers will never get to the next level without a PG that can create. And they are absolutely correct. Where would Kawhi fit? Literally anywhere. Dude lit it up last night and is one of the best defenders in the league. Hill is an awful defender. 

[quote name="CampCrean" post="69988" timestamp="1402501724"]Seriously? After that playoff performance you couldn't find a spot for Leonard? George Hill is in the bottom 5 starting PGs in the league. CJ Watson could start. Paul George can bring the ball down. Hell, Scola could. That was an absolutely bonkers trade and it's showing. George Hill would be great off of the bench, but he has proven he isn't a starting PG in the NBA. Woj, Simmons, Patrick, Mohr, Rome, and everyone at ESPN said the same thing: the Pacers will never get to the next level without a PG that can create. And they are absolutely correct. Where would Kawhi fit? Literally anywhere. Dude lit it up last night and is one of the best defenders in the league. Hill is an awful defender. [/quote]

I never said Hill is the PG we need. I've been open about how much I want him traded this offseason. He absolutely is not a starting NBA PG. Leonard had a great offensive game last night, but it's not like he averages 25 (or 20...or 15) a night. He is a 3 man that is a top 5-10 defender and can knock down the triple, but does not create for himself offensively or consistently score. So after that playoff performance, no, I'd rather not have another guy that can defend (extremely well), but only have a big offensive game once in a blue moon.

Would Leonard or PG have been the players they are if they played the most of their time on the same team? Leonard is too small to really play power forward, and PG is too thin. PG can play shooting guard but he works better as a small forward, and Leonard's game doesn't really translate to shooting guard in the NBA. It is great to do what ifs, but specifically in a guy like Paul George's case you can say he wouldn't be the player he is today if Leonard had been taking minutes at the three spot.

And like has been said we needed a point guard or power forward. Maybe we should have drafted someone like Jackson or Faried. But keeping Leonard didn't make sense

My point is: Leonard for Hill was an awful move. The Pacers now have to hope Hill completely transforms his game or they somehow get a relatively decent PG in the off season because if they try and bring back Stephenson they will have no money. Zero. 

The issue with that is that I'm not sure I ever would have "bought" Hill as a viable NBA point guard. He's just not really a point guard, he's a combo guard. 

It wasn't a bad trade at the time because the Pacers were awful and needed a point guard. Not to mention the Spurs have a tendency to make ordinary players look amazing. 

Speaking of the Heat it broke out that they will pursue Melo this summer and all four of them would earn around 14 mil apiece

I get that super teams rule the league, and when there are super teams they draw ratings. But how is that going to be even the slightest bit entertaining to watch for anyone outside of Heat fans. Would make the NBA beyond boring come playoff time