Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
WayneFleekHoosier

Spurs vs. Heat

I've never felt like the NBA is rigged.  More than most pro sports, I think the NBA is the one pro sport where upsets are the least likely.  The better teams and talent tend to rise to the top for the most part.  Upsets can be a really fun part of sports so I think the lessened degree to which they happen in the NBA combined with the hatred the best teams get, it plays into the mentality.  I mean I get hating on a player or team.  When the Bulls were winning 6 titles, I rooted against them for most of those years (I did want them to beat LA for that first title).  I've rooted against the Lakers every single time I've watched them play in The Finals.  Yeah there was that Lakers-Kings series in 2002 and the whole Donaghy thing but...eh.  I guess I'm just mellowing quite a bit as a fan lately.  Less hate, just try to watch the games with a clear mind and appreciate the talent.  Hate clouds your vision. 

[quote name="dalton26" post="69831" timestamp="1402373699"]These dinosaur jokes got old a long time ago.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app[/quote]

Along with memes.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I've never felt like the NBA is rigged.  More than most pro sports, I think the NBA is the one pro sport where upsets are the least likely.  The better teams and talent tend to rise to the top for the most part.  Upsets can be a really fun part of sports so I think the lessened degree to which they happen in the NBA combined with the hatred the best teams get, it plays into the mentality.  I mean I get hating on a player or team.  When the Bulls were winning 6 titles, I rooted against them for most of those years (I did want them to beat LA for that first title).  I've rooted against the Lakers every single time I've watched them play in The Finals.  Yeah there was that Lakers-Kings series in 2002 and the whole Donaghy thing but...eh.  I guess I'm just mellowing quite a bit as a fan lately.  Less hate, just try to watch the games with a clear mind and appreciate the talent.  Hate clouds your vision. 

B.S

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3436401

If anyone watched the Kings-Lakers series in 2002, you cannot deny that the league wanted LA in the Finals. That was the most poorly officiated series of all time. So bad, that an NBA ref was outed as a point shaver. Watch this video and tell me the NBA isn't rigged for the big markets. I dare you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo

I'm a Pacer fan, but it's hard to argue that game 5 was a fairly officiated game. The NBA wanted the series to last longer. Those fouls on LeBron were bunk and true Pacer fans know it. It's ALL money. It's a garbage game with constant fouls and inflated egos. Congrats Bosh, you made a layup. You make millions of dollars to do that. Stop screeching at the crowd like we owe you something. The NBA died when Jordan left. Period. 

[quote name="CampCrean" post="69852" timestamp="1402409379"]I'm a Pacer fan, but it's hard to argue that game 5 was a fairly officiated game. The NBA wanted the series to last longer. Those fouls on LeBron were bunk and true Pacer fans know it. It's ALL money. It's a garbage game with constant fouls and inflated egos. Congrats Bosh, you made a layup. You make millions of dollars to do that. Stop screeching at the crowd like we owe you something. The NBA died when Jordan left. Period. [/quote]

You've been ranting a lot lately. Do you need a hug?

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="69853" timestamp="1402409682"]You've been ranting a lot lately. Do you need a hug?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

Lol I think the quantity of rants are the same. But because it's the offseason and posting is down they aren't as spread apart in threads. ;)

Sent from the can using BtownBanners

You've been ranting a lot lately. Do you need a hug?

I'm just sick of the fact that the NCAA gets pushed around by this bogus one and done rule from a league that's one step below the WWF in drama and entertainment value. Watching a regular season NBA game is a chore. I don't think I could do it unless I got free tickets and went and saw it live. It's boring and easily the least exciting out of the NHL, NFL, and MLB. I would rather watch a 14 inning Astros game than 3 quarters of an NBA regular season game. Do any of you really care if either the Spurs or Heat win? Of course not. Either way, it's either going to clog up ESPN with LeBron slobber or everyone will just forget the Spurs even exist and the Jordan-Lebron debate will go on for months. LeBron is a great player. He isn't Jordan. No one is Jordan. No one will ever be Jordan. Let LeBron be LeBron and stop with this manufactured media CRAP that we see every year. I hate ESPN for ruining sports media. 

[quote name="CampCrean" post="69855" timestamp="1402410532"]I'm just sick of the fact that the NCAA gets pushed around by this bogus one and done rule from a league that's one step below the WWF in drama and entertainment value. Watching a regular season NBA game is a chore. I don't think I could do it unless I got free tickets and went and saw it live. It's boring and easily the least exciting out of the NHL, NFL, and MLB. I would rather watch a 14 inning Astros game than 3 quarters of an NBA regular season game. Do any of you really care if either the Spurs or Heat win? Of course not. Either way, it's either going to clog up ESPN with LeBron slobber or everyone will just forget the Spurs even exist and the Jordan-Lebron debate will go on for months. LeBron is a great player. He isn't Jordan. No one is Jordan. No one will ever be Jordan. Let LeBron be LeBron and stop with this manufactured media CRAP that we see every year. I hate ESPN for ruining sports media. [/quote]

So....yes? :)

[quote name="CampCrean" post="69855" timestamp="1402410532"]I would rather watch a 14 inning Astros game than 3 quarters of an NBA regular season game. [/quote]

Easy Trigger!!! Astros have a talented young team that has been bringing it the last few weeks. They have some strong bats and an exciting style. I think that analogy is better served on a Dbacks or Rays dig. :)

I'm one of the maybe rarer basketball fans that likes the NBA, just as much if not more, than college basketball. I even worked in the league for nearly 5 years my first job out of college.

But, David Stern could come to my house and knock on the door to personally tell me that Game 6 in 2002 of Kings vs. Lakers wasn't rigged, and I'd call him a liar to his face. There's no other explanation. Either the game was rigged or every ref involved, including the head of officiating for league, should have been fired for incompetence.  

It was embarrassing. 

If anyone watched the Kings-Lakers series in 2002, you cannot deny that the league wanted LA in the Finals. That was the most poorly officiated series of all time. So bad, that an NBA ref was outed as a point shaver. Watch this video and tell me the NBA isn't rigged for the big markets. I dare you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjRcTiwVEwo

Easy Trigger!!! Astros have a talented young team that has been bringing it the last few weeks. They have some strong bats and an exciting style. I think that analogy is better served on a Dbacks or Rays dig. :)

Exciting, hilarious, what's the difference?

YDPuN_medium.gif

Lebron does not have much class, he is just a very large and athletic man, which makes his play look ugly and he is not fun to watch. All he has ever done is play basketball and work out, if he would of had to go to college for a year, it would have been   UK.

Miami has James, Wade Bosh, Battiae, and oh yes,......they also need the best 3 point shooter in NBA history too in Ray Allen,.................a bunch of sellouts.    As you can see I think Lebron is a very good basketball player, and that is all he is. Jordan was mush more fun to watch.

Jordan could get mean...but kept his mouth shut....thats why Lebron will NEVER be Jordan.....