Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hwy 1

Yogi and Stan Arrested....

Good Read from Yogi's mom Kind of addressing this situation...  (She wrote this on another post about Hanner's DUI)

What if it were Yogi out that night?

I have been posed with this question.

As a parent, my first thought would be: he should take comfort in the fact that he is under police “protection” because what I would want to do to him would probably land me in the cell next to his.

Then the emotion would shift from anger to pity.

I’d think about how what he will go through will be much worse than anything I have to offer. It will follow him for the rest of his college career no doubt.

But I would encourage him to put a positive spin on a negative situation. This one incident does not have to define him.

His goal should be showing his family, his coaches, his teammates, and his fans that he can be trusted to represent the University in a positive light.

Hanner and the team will recover from this

Fortunately, Hanner Mosquera-Perea hurt nothing more than his pride that night.

It in no way reflects his character.

Hanner, you may be down, but you’re not out. Take the punishment, the criticism, the staring eyes, and the whispers behind your back like a man.

Learn from it and then move on.

Let those without fault cast the first stone.

This incident does not make or break our team. Our problems on the court started long before this.

Dan Dakich repeatedly saying that the team was affected by it in some roundabout way just isn’t true.

Some say it gives a hint into the disarray that is internally present on this team. I tell you now: this in no way represents the character of this team.

Do not let the transgression of one, speak for many.

[quote name="Basketball4iU" post="62631" timestamp="1398460349"]True story...Will and Austin were inside sports toasting to those two and their leadership skills...while it was happening.

In the gym[/quote] To be honest, they can go somewhere with that crap. Get out of Btown already

Sent from my mind using BtownBanners

[quote name="Basketball4iU" post="62631" timestamp="1398460349"]True story...Will and Austin were inside sports toasting to those two and their leadership skills...while it was happening.

In the gym[/quote]

This makes me feel as if Will was not as good as a leader as we all thought he was. I hate to hear this but it is what it is. Will is one on my all time favs as well as Yogi will be when he decides to move on. I hate the fact that they would cheers to Yogi & Stan being in trouble. Crean can say it's all about immaturity & bad decisions or whatever but this shows that if true it is also a lack of leadership.

Sent from my iphone 9 using BtownBanners

This makes me feel as if Will was not as good as a leader as we all thought he was. I hate to hear this but it is what it is. Will is one on my all time favs as well as Yogi will be when he decides to move on. I hate the fact that they would cheers to Yogi & Stan being in trouble. Crean can say it's all about immaturity & bad decisions or whatever but this shows that if true it is also a lack of leadership.

Sent from my iphone 9 using BtownBanners

Very true.  Leadership is incredibly important with a young team. 

[quote name="coachmayhew" post="62810" timestamp="1398482012"]This makes me feel as if Will was not as good as a leader as we all thought he was. I hate to hear this but it is what it is. Will is one on my all time favs as well as Yogi will be when he decides to move on. I hate the fact that they would cheers to Yogi & Stan being in trouble. Crean can say it's all about immaturity & bad decisions or whatever but this shows that if true it is also a lack of leadership.

Sent from my iphone 9 using BtownBanners[/quote]
IMO I feel like Will tried to lead and basically got looked at as you are part of the last class that left and we are the movement. It is hard when you try to lead if they don't follow or you are not backed by the coach. This year was a constant struggle for Will and the immaturity as CTC says that existed on and off the court. I am sure if you look at the events as they have played out you can see from his shoes now. The other transfers felt the same, so time to move on. I don't think the intent was as bad as it sounds .. But I am sure there is not much love loss at this point either.

In the gym

[quote name="Basketball4iU" post="62548" timestamp="1398447058"]The boys have got in sports/Kilroys all the time because of who they are but with little 5, Kilroys tightened up and Yogi threw a fit... Thus cool down time in the back of the unmarked car. News got to CTC and he called practice at 9 am this morning...got them there and then cancelled. Looks like a fun weekend ahead!

In the gym[/quote] We've all messed up, but we've all also been held accountable. Good for Crean.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

[quote name="Hoosier Hoopster" post="62735" timestamp="1398472202"]I cant help but to think that the stress and depression from this past season could haveed some team members to start consuming alcohol on a more regular basis and to make other poor decisions as well. All we can do is try to support the guys on the team.[/quote] And yet you've somehow only done the opposite this entire off season.

Sent from my place of advanced, analytical thinking: the toilet.

[quote name="Basketball4iU" post="62819" timestamp="1398484623"]IMO I feel like Will tried to lead and basically got looked at as you are part of the last class that left and we are the movement. It is hard when you try to lead if they don't follow or you are not backed by the coach. This year was a constant struggle for Will and the immaturity as CTC says that existed on and off the court. I am sure if you look at the events as they have played out you can see from his shoes now. The other transfers felt the same, so time to move on. I don't think the intent was as bad as it sounds .. But I am sure there is not much love loss at this point either.

In the gym[/quote]

I can understand how Will feels that way, not a good way for me to see his career ending at IU. He should of at least seen another sweet 16. I hope he believes as I do, once a Hoosier always a Hoosier.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using BtownBanners mobile app

I got nothing for this.  Just speechless on this one.  I have done some dumb s***.  I am not casting judgement.  I can't.  I have no room.  If the 3 game for the DUI is any indication, they will miss Jackoff St., Jackoff St. Jr., and Jackoff St. Poly Tech for Women.  I am just disappointed this is where the program is today.  Crean cannot watch them day and night, but its on his watch.  He brings the kids in.  It ultimately falls on him when you have 3 alcohol related arrests in a few month stretch.  I bet Doc is five shades of pissed.  

[quote name="mdn82" post="62827" timestamp="1398487624"]I got nothing for this. Just speechless on this one. I have done some dumb s***. I am not casting judgement. I can't. I have no room. If the 3 game for the DUI is any indication, they will miss Jackoff St., Jackoff St. Jr., and Jackoff St. Poly Tech for Women. I am just disappointed this is where the program is today. Crean cannot watch them day and night, but its on his watch. He brings the kids in. It ultimately falls on him when you have 3 alcohol related arrests in a few month stretch. I bet Doc is five shades of pissed. [/quote]

I wouldn't label Yogi & Stan bad kids for this incident. It happens ALL the time down there. Yes they are athletes, but it's Excise cops doing their job during little 5. At the end of the day I don't think this should have any reflection on Crean and "losing control" of this team. I would like to see some firm punishment though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I can't believe people act like this isn't the norm in every college program!! They are kids, and they got caught that's all. I can remember doing plenty of dumb shit, I shouldn't have been doing when I was that age. I was just lucky. I bet 90% of the college athletes are drinking under age, smoking pot, and god only knows what else!!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app