Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Daily MLB Banter

11 hours ago, AZ Hoosier said:

Sounds a lot like IU basketball over the past 25 years.

Yes, I’m beginning to think maybe I should root for the Cubs/Cards and Turdue and maybe they will have the bad luck the Reds and IU has had, lol

RIP to the greatest living ballplayer -- the "Say Hey Kid."

I'm not quite old enough to have seen him play in his prime -- do recall a couple years as a Met, though.

So, now the question: Who becomes the greatest living ballplayer. Sorry -- I cannot go with Bonds or A-Rod. Some throw Sandy Koufax into the mix, along with Pedro Martinez, Greg Maddux and  Randy Johnson. But a pitcher? Not sure about that. 

Maybe Griffey? Pujols? Bench? Schmidt? It's a tough call because now that Willie is gone, you have to go more modern, and unfortunately, that includes the Steroids Era. Bonds would be a slam dunk had his body and head not exploded over the final years. He was good enough to not have to juice. But ours is not to reason why ... 

Willie Mays, 1931-2024 Pictured: A photo of Willie Mays in a San Francisco Giants uniform 

8 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

RIP to the greatest living ballplayer -- the "Say Hey Kid."

I'm not quite old enough to have seen him play in his prime -- do recall a couple years as a Met, though.

So, now the question: Who becomes the greatest living ballplayer. Sorry -- I cannot go with Bonds or A-Rod. Some throw Sandy Koufax into the mix, along with Pedro Martinez, Greg Maddux and  Randy Johnson. But a pitcher? Not sure about that. 

Maybe Griffey? Pujols? Bench? Schmidt? It's a tough call because now that Willie is gone, you have to go more modern, and unfortunately, that includes the Steroids Era. Bonds would be a slam dunk had his body and head not exploded over the final years. He was good enough to not have to juice. But ours is not to reason why ... 

Willie Mays, 1931-2024 Pictured: A photo of Willie Mays in a San Francisco Giants uniform 

Nolan Ryan is still alive too. Best living, I'd say it's probably between him and Maddux.

Cincy pisses away 2 wins over the weekend.  I really thought they would be in the middle of the wildcard race.  I was wrong.

2 hours ago, Rico said:

Cincy pisses away 2 wins over the weekend.  I really thought they would be in the middle of the wildcard race.  I was wrong.

Hopefully next year McClain, CES and Freidl can stay healthy all year. Also hopefully Marte gets back to how he finishes last year as well. I still think they need a LF and RF starters with some pop in their bat.

Also I would love to see a change in leadership both on field and the front office. Actually the best thing would be for the Castallinis to sell the ball club.

On 8/26/2024 at 4:06 PM, Scotty R said:

Hopefully next year McClain, CES and Freidl can stay healthy all year. Also hopefully Marte gets back to how he finishes last year as well. I still think they need a LF and RF starters with some pop in their bat.

Also I would love to see a change in leadership both on field and the front office. Actually the best thing would be for the Castallinis to sell the ball club.

Soto and Hernandez are FAs after this season.  

Quit whining about Bell and the Castellinis.

16 minutes ago, Rico said:

Soto and Hernandez are FAs after this season.  

Quit whining about Bell and the Castellinis.

The Yankees would be well advised to do what they have to to keep Soto. Steinbrenner and Cashman probably wouldn't be able to show their faces in NY ever again if they let him walk.

2 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

The Yankees would be well advised to do what they have to to keep Soto. Steinbrenner and Cashman probably wouldn't be able to show their faces in NY ever again if they let him walk.

Completely agree.

You guys with your first world problems. My White Sox continue their march to the worst record in the modern era.

How bad are they? They have 14 and 21 game losing streaks. It gets worse. If you throw out those 35 loses, they STILL have the worst winning % in the league this year. Oy vey