Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Naturalhoosier

Daily MLB Banter

3 minutes ago, tomallenfan1 said:

But that’s the thing though is the buzzer thing was a conspiracy and made up by a Reddit user. According to the investigation and all writers on the subject, buzzers were a myth. That’s what makes me question the hate Altuve gets. He didn’t participate in the trash cans according to several reports and people are believing conspiracy theories on buzzers. Just seems like we should hate on other players from that team and not Altuve.

I think a lot of Yankees fans at least view it as guilty by association, even if they don't admit it.  He's a great player though, his strike zone is the size of a thimble but you still have to be able to make quality contact.

I'm tired of losing to them and I grew up a Yankees fan.  They have less money and can plug and play, we have a 290mil payroll held together with thoughts and prayers.

Question for streamers…anyone know of a way to watch MLB if you don’t have cable or Directtv? I picked up BallySports+ and watched the first couple spring training games but mysteriously Sunday I couldn’t get the Cardinals game and I called and they said they dropped MLB from BALLYSPORTS+….ridiculous 

10 hours ago, Gnet550 said:

Question for streamers…anyone know of a way to watch MLB if you don’t have cable or Directtv? I picked up BallySports+ and watched the first couple spring training games but mysteriously Sunday I couldn’t get the Cardinals game and I called and they said they dropped MLB from BALLYSPORTS+….ridiculous 

Legally theres mlb.tv but they block you if you're in the media market for the team you want to watch. You may need a VPN to change your location then.

11 hours ago, Gnet550 said:

Yeah Bally sports is a mess right now. They missed a $140M payment on something like $9M in debt that they owe several leagues, including MLB. I haven't heard any recent updates but it seems like any team that relied on the regional sports channel run by Bally to broadcast their games are.....not going to be doing that this season. MLB has indicated they'll figure out a way to broadcast those games, but I haven't heard any concrete plans as to how. I'm a long time subscriber to MLB.tv, but I'm out of the Cardinals home area. If you're in the Cards home area, you'll need to combine that with a VPN.

But, the MLB.tv broadcast for Cards games was always the Bally sports midwest feed. So I'd hold off on buying MLB.tv until the broadcast situation is ironed out.

2 hours ago, Honkyman said:

The Cardinals are playing (and losing to) the Blue Jays; the Cubs are playing (and beating) the Brewers.

Swanson MVP, Bellinger come back player of the year, Stroman Cy Young. 

25 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

Swanson MVP, Bellinger come back player of the year, Stroman Cy Young. 

There will be no Gold Glove for Yan Gomes.

10-22 for the Cards. This is the first time in my lifetime *that I can actually remember* the Cards being a total non-contender. And honestly it’s overdue. Blow the whole thing up. All of it. They are absolute toast. Fire sale. Throw every single last hint of “the Cardinal way” in the garbage and move forward with something resembling the modern game. 

10-22 for the Cards. This is the first time in my lifetime *that I can actually remember* the Cards being a total non-contender. And honestly it’s overdue. Blow the whole thing up. All of it. They are absolute toast. Fire sale. Throw every single last hint of “the Cardinal way” in the garbage and move forward with something resembling the modern game. 

Blame Contreras.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

4 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

Same with me, I’m 36 and my grandpa got me started on them when I was about 8. Can’t remember a season that started like this.