Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Hollowell & Etherington transferring..

Not great to have all of these people wanting out, but not the end of the world. This happens after good years and bad years. The 1987 team lost three players at the end of the season. A championship season. It happens. Either all this stuff will work out over the next two years and cream will get the ball rolling or it won't and we will be getting a new coach. Lets not worry about the sky falling. Unless you are sitting in Assembly Hall after a big snow, it's gonna be okay.

Sent from my LG-E980 using BtownBanners mobile app

Mo said he left because he didn't feel like there was a place for him. He felt that it wasn't right that other players jumped over him while he was injured. He left to find a place where he could get the playing time he felt he deserved.

Yeah, please give me the source where those quotes cam from

That's not a joke it's an example of what could've happened that might have been perceived as a potentially worse scenario.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

It's still an awful comparison, but for some reason it keeps being brought up.  Cal won the title in the year before, made the Final Four the year before that and the Elite 8 the year before that.  Oh, and he'd been to the Elite 8 a couple of times before he ever got to UK.  In short, he has a hell of a lot more equity built up.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="52712" timestamp="1395688846"]It's still an awful comparison, but for some reason it keeps being brought up. Cal won the title in the year before, made the Final Four the year before that and the Elite 8 the year before that. Oh, and he'd been to the Elite 8 a couple of times before he ever got to UK. In short, he has a hell of a lot more equity built up.[/quote] It's not a comparison to their program but the one specific event that occurred. Had a first round NIT loss happened to us, our fanbase would have lost their minds, especially since we haven't had the kind of recent success Kentucky has had.

Yeah, please give me the source where those quotes cam from

Sure they are from the New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/26/sports/ncaabasketball/maurice-creek-an-ex-hoosier-lifts-george-washington.html

“I felt like I was overlooked,” Creek said. “Everybody had to earn their spot, but I felt like I had earned mine. I showed Coach Crean the best I had, but I felt that I had to go where I was wanted.”

2/26/14 New York Times "I felt I was overlooked,I felt I had to go where I was wanted" Maurice Creek.....

I have had this discussion many times, doesn't sound much like grad school to me. Face it CTC saw him as damaged goods, and I also missed listing Remy Abel.

Remy was a casualty of his own lack of responsibility and poor decisions

“I would like to thank Coach Crean and the entire coaching staff for helping me to realize my childhood dream of playing basketball at Indiana and graduating from such a prestigious University,” said Etherington. “My experiences on and off the court are memories that I will never forget. After talking with my family, I have decided to move forward with the next chapter in my life. After graduating in May, I will pursue other options for my remaining two years of eligibility. I will forever be a Hoosier at heart and will always cherish the memories and friendships I have made at IU. Thanks to everyone who has helped me along the way.”

“Jeremy has indicated to us that he would like to transfer to pursue another college opportunity,” noted Crean. “We have put a lot of time and effort into Jeremy, both on and off the court and it is our expectation that he finish strong in school and adhere to team rules. We will be there to provide any help we can give to him to find another program. We hope he realizes his full potential and we believe we did everything over the last two years to help make that happen.”

“I have learned a lot from my time at Indiana,” said Hollowell. “My time here has made me much stronger as a person. Things don’t always go as planned and I am looking forward to getting a fresh start and I hope to make the most of that opportunity. I want to thank Coach Crean for believing in me and giving me the opportunity to play at IU. He has taught me a lot and has always wanted the best for me. I want to thank all the coaches and all the staff for being there for me. I want to thank the fans for their great support and I want to thank my former teammates for taking me under their wing. I want to thank my present teammates and I wish them all the best.”

Alex Bozich ‏@insidethehall  46s
IU has confirmed that Austin Etherington and Jeremy Hollowell are transferring. #iubb

I've been expecting this. I truly hope these two find a home that is a good fit for their skill set.

We do need some upperclassman around to at least teach the new players the ways of practice, routines, weight lifting regimen etc. Hate to see a lot of transfers. Usually not a healthy sign. Bottom line though is I am still a Hoosier through and through and will root for them every game!

Keith

Sure they are from the New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2014/02/26/sports/ncaabasketball/maurice-creek-an-ex-hoosier-lifts-george-washington.html

“I felt like I was overlooked,” Creek said. “Everybody had to earn their spot, but I felt like I had earned mine. I showed Coach Crean the best I had, but I felt that I had to go where I was wanted.”

Wow. Crean is really getting on my nerves lately. And in all fairness, Mo had been injured and the guys around him were healthier and had more playing time. I'm not sure what he "proved" other than a stellar half of a Freshman season. But if Crean made him feel unwanted that's BS as well. Crean needs to hold a presser...like now

Wow. Crean is really getting on my nerves lately. And in all fairness, Mo had been injured and the guys around him were healthier and had more playing time. I'm not sure what he "proved" other than a stellar half of a Freshman season. But if Crean made him feel unwanted that's BS as well. Crean needs to hold a presser...like now

He wasn't getting much playing time because he was not doing much with what he got.

So our options that have been named are Anthony Lee, Yante Maten, Josh Cunningham, and potentially the VT transfer Trevor Thompson (although he sounds like a project). This is crazy, but Myles Turner of the 2014 class is still undecided. He's a 7'0" center with crazy skill. There must be some reason, but I'm surprised we haven't even heard of Crean trying to break into his recruitment. Can anyone shed any light on what our realistic shopping cart may look like?