Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
WayneFleekHoosier

Good bye Noah V.

[quote name="Feaskb01" post="52493" timestamp="1395675600"]I don't fault him for going pro. I am always happy for someone who moves on to something bigger and better in life. But, his only fault, from what I have read from scouts and such, is that he just isn't quite NBA ready. Multiple people have said that he needs to develop a swagger on the court to really reach his ceiling. I am not sure that being a 19 year old, developing PF in the NBA is the best way to do that. I hope he succeeds, and I believe he eventually will, but I think it is going to take a little bit longer than expected[/quote]

I hear you, I guess the point I'm making is the decision of being ready isn't really up to the player. It's the NBA that says we are going to draft you this year or you should go back to school. So the whole "is he ready?" Argument doesn't really fly with me.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Good luck to Noah, this is what people with talent like his do.  People trying to blame CTC for him leaving are stretching it a bit... so say the least.

I haven't seen anyone blame Crean. Heck, Noah will be the most underutilized lottery pick this year. Crean did everything to not exploit his talents.

I hear you, I guess the point I'm making is the decision of being ready isn't really up to the player. It's the NBA that says we are going to draft you this year or you should go back to school. So the whole "is he ready?" Argument doesn't really fly with me.

Understandable. I guess they are just kids and there goal is the NBA, and if the NBA comes calling, might as well take advantage. 

Derek Reinglass ‏@BTNReinglass  7m
BTN & BTN2Go will have live coverage of Noah Vonleh presser today at 3pm ET hosted by @BTNRickPizzo & @stephenbardo #IUBB #Hoosiers

EDIT:

Jeff Rabjohns ‏@JeffRabjohns  4m
The Big Ten Network says Noah Vonleh is having a televised 3 pm press conference. Indiana says there is no press conference.

[quote name="ccgeneral" post="53223" timestamp="1395757931"]Derek Reinglass ‏@BTNReinglass 7m
BTN & BTN2Go will have live coverage of Noah Vonleh presser today at 3pm ET hosted by @BTNRickPizzo & @stephenbardo #IUBB #Hoosiers

EDIT:

Jeff Rabjohns ‏@JeffRabjohns 4m
The Big Ten Network says Noah Vonleh is having a televised 3 pm press conference. Indiana says there is no press conference.[/quote]

Any update on this?

Noah has a long way to go, and I doubt we see his name for a couple years. Hopefully teams at the top of the draft are willing to wait on him. Might as well get paid to develop though, and I don't think there was a wrong decision. Best of luck to him.

If he was better on offense, he probably would've got the ball more. But that's a different discussion.

Noah has a long way to go, and I doubt we see his name for a couple years. Hopefully teams at the top of the draft are willing to wait on him. Might as well get paid to develop though, and I don't think there was a wrong decision. Best of luck to him.

If he was better on offense, he probably would've got the ball more. But that's a different discussion.

The problem with not being utilized is more of a systemic problem.  We had the exact same problem with Zeller so it's not new.

43% is extremely impressive! 

I know this is a Noah thread but academics with this program is something we can definitely hang our hat on proudly.

A name that pops up with every Senior is Marni Mooney (spelling?).

I hope that Glass has a plan to retain her services for many years.

...now back to Noah!