Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KelleyHoosh

Who would you hire to replace CTC?

[quote name="mdn82" post="49852" timestamp="1395197752"]We had that discussion after they made the title game at our old website. I felt his guards had continually played above expectations, and he had a solid platoon in the middle. Also, he found Stauskas. Same as Crean with Vic. They were praising Crean's eye last year, but would not recognize how hard of a find Stauskas was. Fans are funny man. I would assume being away from them this year, some would still remain skeptical. Its how IU fans were when Crean had that 1st Sweet 16 run. For every good win (UK for example), there would be someone on the board stating how we shouldn't had to hit that last second shot. We blew the lead. That was on Crean. Sometimes fans can't just simply enjoy the moment for whatever reason. [/quote]

I've been enjoying the UK moment for over 2 years now. I can't stand when things get over-analyzed. We won the game, let's party..we aren't on ESPN dissecting every second of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There were people who weren't happy with that UK game.  They loved that we won, but blasted Crean down the stretch.  We should have won by 10.  People were pissed we had to be put in that situation to hit that shot.  If we had won by 10, would that game be as memorable?  Absolutely not.  Sometimes things happen for a reason.  That was one game that was meant to happen that way.

If I had my druthers, and could chose the next coach? Jay wright from Villanova. He seems like a solid coach with a style of play that would do well at Indiana. He has shown the ability to improve teams and make them a team to be recongnized with in the NCAA's. He also has the east coast recruiting, and the ability to recruit as well as Crean IMO. If Crean can't right the ship, he would be my choice to move the program foward.

Bruce Pearl? Seriously? Is Kelvin Sampson not available? lol

In all seriousness, the names I like best from your list are Marshall and Bennett if a change is necessary. What I would really prefer is for Crean to come back strong and improve the areas that have been hashed out all season long.

Everything Sampson did is legal now... that being said, the culture he created at I.U. is, and always will be unacceptable!! Pearl isn't any better.

Brad Stevens would be my first choice. I think Jamie Dixon would be a good one, too. I like how his teams play tough, and really focus on the defensive side. Dane Fife is pretty young, but I would try to get him on the staff.

I disliked Crean from the beginning not the right fit. He did a good job getting things cleaned up. But we are stuck for a few years because of Glass and that sucks. But to me there is only one coach that would be a perfect fit. Reasons: youth, from Indiana, has already proven himself, its his dream job, plus he was at the game when the chair got tossed. But its a long shot now. But I say go after him with alot of confidence, and all we got. Brad Stevens

All the others mentioned I wouldn't waist my time going after.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I547 using BtownBanners mobile app

You have spoken for me also. I feel the very same way as you. Thanks!!

That was no fluke. That was a team with outrageous talent that performed to their potential, maybe a little above. I think Beilein is legit. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

2012 he got GlenRob and McGary. Izzo got GHarris. We got the movement hich consisted of 1 out of 5 that's lived up to potential. 2/5 of that class hasn't done anything for IU and 2/5 has underachieved. Crean was out of schollys while still trying to recruit Harris and used his big scholly on a project big instead of focusing on McGary or Hammons. Crean gets a lot of credit for recruiting but I think he misses on most hence the current shape we are in going forward. We need 5th year senior help which is not good going into year seven.

Obviously CTC is safe for now but things could get interesting in the future. I would love it if IU would hire a former Hoosier. However, if they don't and CTC does get the boot...... Why not Fred Hoiberg? He has done a great job at Iowa state and is a great young coach. He also has some Indiana ties since he played for the Pacers. I think CTC is safe but Hoiberg would be an acceptable hire.

Obviously CTC is safe for now but things could get interesting in the future. I would love it if IU would hire a former Hoosier. However, if they don't and CTC does get the boot...... Why not Fred Hoiberg? He has done a great job at Iowa state and is a great young coach. He also has some Indiana ties since he played for the Pacers. I think CTC is safe but Hoiberg would be an acceptable hire. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Hoiberg is one of the best tacticians I've seen in a long time. IMO, he's better than Stevens. But he's at his alma mater and doing well. I doubt it would be easy to lure him away. He's probably no more realistic than Stevens.

[quote name="Rayl" post="50488" timestamp="1395353798"]Hoiberg is one of the best tacticians I've seen in a long time. IMO, he's better than Stevens. But he's at his alma mater and doing well. I doubt it would be easy to lure him away. He's probably no more realistic than Stevens.[/quote]

You're exactly right but everybody has a price tag (Stevens did) and if IU would open the checkbook, you never know what will happen

Fred Hoiberg absolute "can't miss", maybe Danny Manning

Time to add Tommy Amaker to the mix.

Note: I am not advocating replacement, but just posting considerations should the moment arise due to actions of the "powers that be".

Amaker is due for an upgrade. Hes been pretty darn good at Harvard

Amaker already failed at a Big Ten school (Michigan). Won't happen.

I did see some speculation that he could be in the running at Boston College.

Amaker already failed at a Big Ten school (Michigan). Won't happen.

I did see some speculation that he could be in the running at Boston College.

Agreed, that thought crossed my mind. He definitely wouldn't be a candidate for IU until he succeeds at another big time school.

I remember watching Amaker play at Duke, then coach at Michigan, but didn't know he was coaching at Harvard until today. I don't care what his team does for an encore to today's upset of Cincinnati, I like the style his team employed, (constant motion and a stickier than hell defense). Their movement was fluid, they knew exactly what they were doing and how to execute the game plan, and you could see the frustration in the faces of the Cincinnati players. They reminded me of IU, twenty five years ago.

I can think of a lot worse candidates to coach IU than Tommy Amaker, not the least of which is the man holding that position right now.

[quote name="djsalway" post="50839" timestamp="1395378218"]I have suggested this multiple times, and no one seems to care. FINALLY[/quote]

Haha yep remember you saying it. I've never seen him coach so I reserved judgement. Props to you my friend great find.