Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Stuhoo

Mike Woodson

Living in Atlanta, and watching what Woody did with what amounted to one of the worst NBA teams I have ever seen,(and I am a huge NBA fan) I'd support the move 100%. Don't let his NBA record scare you, he had NOTHING to work with here, ownership in disarray(actually suing one another) and he built a winner! The Hawks GM was Billy Knight, and Billy couldn't draft a "for sure" player if you put a gun to his head, the owners were in court with each other, and the players were a hodge podge of bad picks, and re-runs, and he built a WINNER!

In New York he has done a great job in turning them around and having a 50 win season just last year, and if working for James Dolan isn't a handicap, I don't know what would be!

Woody CAN coach, he could get players attention, his resume, coaching tree and mere presence would garner attention, think about it, who he worked for, who coached him as a player, the development of the teams he has coached. If it were to happen, and I doubt it would, bringing home a Hoosier, to coach the Hoosiers with his experience, I don't think even the doubters would be disappointed!

This is very true.  The key would be, and I know Woodson is smart enough to get this is that he would need an assistant that's very connected to the Indiana High School scene.  

Just heard in ESPN 1070 the fan an IU booster has called in and addressed the issue saying he's been getting many calls from various boosters saying they in fact want crean gone. He also said that there is a RUMOR that 2-3 players will be gone NOT including Vonleh and the seniors.

Wow.

IF this is true, then this guy needs to shut his mouth and him and his buddies can go do the dirty deed. It does no one any good to get on the radio and talk about this. I DON'T LIKE THIS. This guy is making this thing look ten times worse and making iu boosters look as slimy as UK boosters. This whole thing just makes me mad.<br /><br />Sent from my LG-E980 using BtownBanners mobile app<br /><br />

Banksy, I agree 100% , I forgot to mention a couple of things, #1 maybe even get RMK to Bloomington and back in the Hoosier's corner,(NOT as a coach) and he could intimidate Dakich into shutting up!...(maybe)...lol

Just heard in ESPN 1070 the fan an IU booster has called in and addressed the issue saying he's been getting many calls from various boosters saying they in fact want crean gone. He also said that there is a RUMOR that 2-3 players will be gone NOT including Vonleh and the seniors.

Well an anonymous caller said it so it must be true!

IF this is true, then this guy needs to shut his mouth and him and his buddies can go do the dirty deed. It does no one any good to get on the radio and talk about this. I DON'T LIKE THIS. This guy is making this thing look ten times worse and making iu boosters look as slimy as UK boosters. This whole thing just makes me mad.<br /><br />Sent from my LG-E980 using BtownBanners mobile app<br /><br />

I agree if indeed something is happening, I would hope we could keep it in house.  

Really? There have been a few times over my life where I have really just been disappointed with this fan base. Well here's another one. All this talk about getting rid of CTC is really starting to piss me off. Did we really forget how far this program has come? Or the fact that we lost two top 5 picks and 3 other professional players last year? Yea this team has underperformed this year and yes I'm just as frustrated as everyone else believe me. But there has not been one time that I have thought that Coach Crean was not the right person to have this job. I mean really people, get off the ledge! Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Well an anonymous caller said it so it must be true!

Actually it is probably pretty much true. However, he may be a booster that gives $500 a year to the University, we know there are people that want CTC gone, and he may well have gotten a number of calls from some of them, and the Rumor isn't significantly different from what I've seen on message boards. End result? It could be a fairly insignificant booster, who has talked with his fairly insignificant booster friends, and basically came to the same conclusions that a percentage of our own members came too. So maybe all the caller said was true, just insignificant. Remember, buying a few bumper stickers 15 years ago can make you a booster.

When an article like this one appears in a newspaper with a decent reputation, you have to expect fans to discuss it, it's only natural. I doubt anything will happen with it, but it does make for conversation. You may disagree with the posts, just doesn't change the fact that the article appeared, and that there are those who lack confidence in Crean. The confidence, or lack there of, didn't start this year, it started last year with the loss to Syracuse, and how the game was lost. Crean is a public figure so his job is always up for discussion, and he is the highest paid employee in the state, and so therefore it comes with PUBLIC SCRUTINY, as it should.

Actually it is probably pretty much true. However, he may be a booster that gives $500 a year to the University, we know there are people that want CTC gone, and he may well have gotten a number of calls from some of them, and the Rumor isn't significantly different from what I've seen on message boards. End result? It could be a fairly insignificant booster, who has talked with his fairly insignificant booster friends, and basically came to the same conclusions that a percentage of our own members came too. So maybe all the caller said was true, just insignificant. Remember, buying a few bumper stickers 15 years ago can make you a booster.

Most people with a boat load of influence and the money to back it up aren't the type to call into a radio program to run their mouth off.

When looking at the entirety of his career and not just this year, Mike Woodson has been a very successful coach for a very long time.

Eh, he has been moderately successful. Success in any sport is measured ultimately by what you do in the postseason, and at least recently he has not been that good 

I take a nap thinking Crean is officially on the hot seat and wake up to boosters calling in to Indy radio shows and half of our team defecting. In the words of THE Ron Burgundy..."that escalated quickly".

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The Cook family has donated so much money, the Simon-Skjaekifjg family has donated so much, Cuban isn't donating anything until the NCAA ceases to be...where is the $14 mil coming from?

I don't see Woodson going back to school; he's been coaching in the NBA for 20+ years. Larry Brown is a different scenario since he's had several stints in college during his NBA jobs. I also feel that Phil Jackson will hire someone in his coaching tree so he has control; similar to Riley and Spoelstra in Miami.

btw, I have an IU license plate that sends money to IU so I'm technically a booster too. I'd better not help out any needing kids that happen to have a 7' wingspan. ;)