Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Bracketology

But to add on to that say they only get one of those wins. Is that going to be enough come tourney time to get them a bid? Right now I just see them as a team that will have around 18 wins and going to have to make a deep run in the B1G tourney.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I just don't feel like it's reasonable to say that we will lose to MSU, Michigan, OSU, Iowa, Wisconsin, and Minnesota at home.. I know I'm being crazy (sarcasm) but am I the only person who thinks they can beat some of those teams at Assembly Hall?

I think we'll get waxed by MSU, even at home, and I don't even want to watch the Wisconsin game because we've seen how that will play out.

Emerson.  We don't play Minnesota at home.  We play the rest at home.  We play MSU on 1/4.  We aren't winning that game.  We play Wisconsin on 1/14, and I put the chances of us beating them less than MSU.  Mainly due to history and not having a team that does not turn the ball over.  Double negative aside, that is the truth.  OSU we play at the end of the season, and they are a senior dominated team at that point getting ready to make a run.  UM and Iowa are our best bets.  I would say we will knock one of them off, but is that really a signature win?  At this point UM is 6-4 and Iowa is going to be in the 25-35 range.  If that is the best win you have on the season with around 19 to 20 wins, you will be firmly on the bubble.  If we win one of those and win every other game we are favored in we win 20 for the season.  IMO, that does not get you in to the tourney as an at large.  We would probably have to win a game in the BTT. 

Michigan State has played one good half all year. I just can't see Indiana getting waxed by them at home, even if we're young and not nearly as good.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think I'll head on over to Scout today to get cheered up. This place is so negative these days that I feel like I'm on a suicide prevention crisis center phone line.

Agreed. Seems like the Chicken Little Syndrome has spread quickly here. I've had a hard time getting through threads in the last week. I don't have rose colored glasses, but the piling on and throwing in the towel have kept me away lately.

Agreed. Seems like the Chicken Little Syndrome has spread quickly here. I've had a hard time getting through threads in the last week. I don't have rose colored glasses, but the piling on and throwing in the towel have kept me away lately.

Me too, and the game threads are unbearable. I just don't care for the emotional outbursts so prevalent on them.  Screaming at the computer might make the screamer feel better but it certainly doesn't do much good for the rest of us.

Who is hitting the panic button?  Good lord.  Would you rather I say we are going to be a 1 seed after the season?  I don't believe that.  I also don't believe the sky is falling if I don't feel we will make the tournament.  I don't get why that is so negative.  They could turn their season around.  I don't believe they will.  They are young.  I think they will be very damn good next year.  I still like the upside of this year, but the teams they would have to beat this year are horrible matchups for the makeup of this team.  If that is too negative for some of you, then I really don't know what to say. 

Who is hitting the panic button? Good lord. Would you rather I say we are going to be a 1 seed after the season? I don't believe that. I also don't believe the sky is falling if I don't feel we will make the tournament. I don't get why that is so negative. They could turn their season around. I don't believe they will. They are young. I think they will be very damn good next year. I still like the upside of this year, but the teams they would have to beat this year are horrible matchups for the makeup of this team. If that is too negative for some of you, then I really don't know what to say.

A lot of people are. The fact that you just got so bent out of shape means you probably are too. Where did I ever say we're a 1 seed? I didn't think this team was as good as everyone else did to start but some of you have completely flipped extremes. To be completely honest your post gave me a good laugh but that's about it. If you aren't hitting the panic button you got pretty defensive over nothing. If it doesn't pertain to you then read on but obviously it did or you wouldn't have responded.

We've lost to 3 teams so far (2 top 10 teams, and a team with 4 returning starters) and none of those were played at home. I apologize for forgetting that we only play Minnesota once but someone said they think they are better than us. All I'm saying is that we've lost to 3 really good basketball teams and it's just unreasonable to think we can't win 3-4 big games at home. I'm not being negative by any means but there is no reason to write off on this team with 8 underclassmen in the rotation. I'm pretty sure Michigan, Kentucky, and Kansas fans aren't writing off on their teams who have underperformed. Just give it a thought

Nothing's wrong w/being pragmatic.

I'm pretty sure you haven't seen me saying anything remotely close to this team is good and is going far. The difference between me and some really negative people on this board is that I don't rant and carry on every time something goes wrong. If you and the rest of the moderating crew think that kind of behavior is appropriate then I've obviously picked the wrong board for me to be a part of. Is that pragmatic enough for you?

Your choice Hwy1.  We are going to let people discuss the game.  Not everything is roses.  People need to chill out in some instances, but that is our call, not everyone else's. 

I already knew the answer but thanks anyhow. I knew where this place was headed the day I saw someone first post. Hope you enjoy the screaming since it's too much to ask to have that stopped.

I had this same problem on a forum many years ago. My partner thought it was ok. I thought it would kill the forum. We allowed it, the forum died. Hope you have better luck on this one.

All I've ever asked for is to stop the screaming. That seems to be too much to ask for. I don't expect roses when it stinks but no reason to act like five year old brats who aren't getting their way. That seems to be way too much to ask for.

It was fun while it lasted.

Non reason to get upset or offended. Being realistic goes both ways. We are a young team. We will win games we shouldn't and get blown out when we shouldn't. It's no big shakes. That's how young teams operate. Some have a pie-in-the-sky viewpoint which is fine. Others have a doom-and-gloom mindset which is also ok.

The point is everyone is entitled to an opinion. There's no right or wrong one. They're like Jaybobs, everyone has them! Lol. :)

Non reason to get upset or offended. Being realistic goes both ways. We are a young team. We will win games we shouldn't and get blown out when we shouldn't. It's no big shakes. That's how young teams operate. Some have a pie-in-the-sky viewpoint which is fine. Others have a doom-and-gloom mindset which is also ok.

The point is everyone is entitled to an opinion. There's no right or wrong one. They're like Jaybobs, everyone has them! Lol. :)

It's behavior that's a problem, not opinion. That seems to be something you guys can't get through your heads. I really don't care how down someone is about the team if they do it in a respectful manner.

It's behavior that's a problem, not opinion. That seems to be something you guys can't get through your heads. I really don't care how down someone is about the team if they do it in a respectful manner.

What would be your solution to the problem?