Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
All_Hoosiers

Quentin Snider to Louisville

Some still think CTC should have gotten Lyles no matter what and failed by not doing so. They refuse to hear "why" he decommitted.  

As far as UI fans, I care about what they say just a tad more than what pu fans say.   :)

To the UI fans: "All I know, is that UI is going to suck."

Love the final quote especially. If they miss on Cliff too....we won't have to worry about Illinois cracking the top half of Big 10 for a couple more years.

Quentin Snider on Twitter just said Loyalty can't be bought...

Maybe I'm misinterpreting...but basically implies that Illinois/Groce were a bit shady??

I'm not sure Q should be tossing around the Loyalty card...

Quentin Snider on Twitter just said Loyalty can't be bought...

Maybe I'm misinterpreting...but basically implies that Illinois/Groce were a bit shady??

The shadiness of this recruitment was brought up last summer by some pretty reliable posters.

The suggestion was made by birdman that the reason Crean backed off the recruitment was due to the shadiness.

Wasn't it Izzo that stated his opinion was that around 70% of the "top 20" guys are looking for more than a free education when it comes to the college they choose? (I.E. under the table benefits).  Is Cal getting the other 30%?  lol

In all honesty, I hate Illinois, but do feel somewhat sorry for them.  It couldn't have happened to a better team.  If this happens to a Kentucky they have 5 people waiting for that offer.  Illinois, this absolutely crushes them.  They know it.  Talk about a kick in the nuts.  Looks like Groce got Groced.

and Cliffy went to Kansas to further their miserable day. Even worse, watch this cap fakeout. 

http://twitpic.com/dle75j

xf0.gif

lol  Boy, there would be some cryin Hoosiers if someone did that to us.. Funny stuff though. Looks like dad knew a lil about what was going to happen.. I'm not sure he didn't just pick up the wrong hat by mistake though..

lol  Boy, there would be some cryin Hoosiers if someone did that to us.. Funny stuff though. Looks like dad knew a lil about what was going to happen..

I'm sure dad had already cashed the check by announcement time.

That fake out is pretty good, but it's always funny when it happens to someone else.  They have every right to be pissed about it, we would be too.  I wish I could say it couldn't happen to a better fan base though, but I'd be lying it'd be better if it happened to UK.  Granted if that happened WWW would issue a stop payment so fast he'd actually go back in time but that's beside the point.

You bet I'd be POed if that happened to IU.  But it didn't.  And I'm not.

Seriously though, the more i watch the gif, it seems like an honest mistake.  He grabbed the Illinois hat and his dad pauses for a second.  It didn't look like a comedic/snicker pause IMO.  I truly believe it was an honest mistake.  Now, the Illinois watch party just makes it that much better!