Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

James Blackmon Rumors

I really think depth is the biggest thing. If a player is tired or having an off night, there are 2 more players sitting the bench behind them that are pretty much just as good. I'm excited to see where this team can go with all of the talent next year. Every position is stacked 3 deep except Center, but small ball is becoming a normal thing in college basketball.

and I think Troy could be better than Vic if he develops a more consistent shot. 

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Sacrelige!!

Victor Oladipo's junior year is the ultimate gold standard for an athletic slasher at IU. Troy can be an all-time Hoosier great and never get there.

Sacrelige!!

Victor Oladipo's junior year is the ultimate gold standard for an athletic slasher at IU. Troy can be an all-time Hoosier great and never get there.

Vic's senior year was amazing, but saying Troy can't get there? Troy is more physically gifted, could be an elite rebounder, the only thing that will determine if he can be better is work ethic. If he can develop similar to Vic, look out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Vic's senior year was amazing, but saying Troy can't get there? Troy is more physically gifted, could be an elite rebounder, the only thing that will determine if he can be better is work ethic. If he can develop similar to Vic, look out.

Victor Oladipo was a program changer.

Why do you think that players like Troy Williams, Stan Robinson, Rob Johnson and James Blackmon (and potentially Jaquan Lyle) chose IU over UNC and UK? All three programs are blue bloods from major conferences that had minutes to offer players of that caliber.

Moreover, why do you think that the families of each of those players are so completely enamored with IU?

Here's why: those families and players want their son/themselves to be as much as possible like Victor Oladipo.

They don't want to emulate Marquis Teague, Eric Bledsoe, or Kendall Marshall.

What they want is to be an extraordinary, elite player who is a lottery pick, AND who gets a college degree, AND who has countless ESPN and NBA TV stories about how they've become a focused, dedicated role model both on and off the court.

Troy Williams will be great, but Victor Oladipo is the absolute gold standard.  

It's

Just.

That.

Simple.

Victor Oladipo is an Indiana legend. Easily one of my favorite players of all-time, but purely from a talent standpoint, I think Troy Williams can be better. He's the best athlete Crean has ever coached. If Troy develops a perimeter shot, he can be better.

Victor Oladipo is an Indiana legend. Easily one of my favorite players of all-time, but purely from a talent standpoint, I think Troy Williams can be better. He's the best athlete Crean has ever coached. If Troy develops a perimeter shot, he can be better.

I agree that Troy is scary athletic... Just wonder if he has Vic's drive... Crean didn't force Vic to live in the gym.

Victor set a standard that's going to be extremely difficult to even match. I don't think many will get there let alone exceed it. It will take a unique combination of talent and drive to get there or even close.  

I heard a rumor that he is faster than a Victor Oladipo fast break, more powerful than a stadium full of boilermakers, able to leap tall buildings and 7 foot centers with a single bound.

dq1h.jpg

I agree that Troy is scary athletic... Just wonder if he has Vic's drive... Crean didn't force Vic to live in the gym. Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Troy definitely has the drive.

Troy definitely has the drive.

Completely agree! I think Troy can be scary good next season.

I agree that it will be extremely hard to impact the program the way Vic did. The work ethic he had while here, the sudden outburst, the way he carried himself, you could go on for days but it really comes down to the timing of all those factors. That's why it will be nearly impossible to match the impact on the program.

Now from a basketball standpoint it is more probable. Still in no way easy and we cannot say for sure that one of these guys can do it but they certainly have some great tools to start with that Vic didn't even have. Troy begins his career with a better jumper, arguably better handles, and has the size advantage. Have heard great things about the work ethic so far and the overall want to be great. Troy definitely has the best set of tools to be the next great Hoosier wing, but only time can tell.

IMO, I don't think Hollowell will be as good as Watford. He is far more talented, but he has to be more consistent. Watfords numbers were better (I know different time, but that is all we have), but his biggest knock was consistency (Which happens to be JH as well). I think he has more talent, but less will at this point. He could surprise me this year and I hope he does.

I am big on Hollewell so I've gotta disagree with you on this one. Watford has the numbers right now but JH hasn't had the opportunities to prove himself yet so can we really say he's that inconsistent? The main thing I disagree with is that JH doesn't have the will. I think that's been proven wrong this summer as Crean has stated multiple times that JH has been in the gym as much as anyone, we have seen JH say he was very disappointed in the year he had and he will not let that happen again. In 4 years I never once heard Crean speak of Watford giving that type of effort over the summer that JH did. He definitely is a better talent, and I believe he will surprise you this year.

Victor Oladipo was a program changer.

Why do you think that players like Troy Williams, Stan Robinson, Rob Johnson and James Blackmon (and potentially Jaquan Lyle) chose IU over UNC and UK? All three programs are blue bloods from major conferences that had minutes to offer players of that caliber.

Moreover, why do you think that the families of each of those players are so completely enamored with IU?

Here's why: those families and players want their son/themselves to be as much as possible like Victor Oladipo.

They don't want to emulate Marquis Teague, Eric Bledsoe, or Kendall Marshall.

What they want is to be an extraordinary, elite player who is a lottery pick, AND who gets a college degree, AND who has countless ESPN and NBA TV stories about how they've become a focused, dedicated role model both on and off the court.

Troy Williams will be great, but Victor Oladipo is the absolute gold standard.  

It's

Just.

That.

Simple.

You shouldn't put Bledsoe with the other two, Bledsoe is really good, John Wall is elite. 

I am big on Hollewell so I've gotta disagree with you on this one. Watford has the numbers right now but JH hasn't had the opportunities to prove himself yet so can we really say he's that inconsistent? The main thing I disagree with is that JH doesn't have the will. I think that's been proven wrong this summer as Crean has stated multiple times that JH has been in the gym as much as anyone, we have seen JH say he was very disappointed in the year he had and he will not let that happen again. In 4 years I never once heard Crean speak of Watford giving that type of effort over the summer that JH did. He definitely is a better talent, and I believe he will surprise you this year.

That is fair enough.  I will say, I played for both winning teams and losing teams.  It is harder to be in the gym and produce on a losing team.  When you are winning, you never want to leave, and it is just easier to get up for things.  That is why I don't feel JH has the will that CW had.  JH struggled to be in the gym for the #1 team in the country.  Just look at CW shot, and you will see the time he put in.  You don't get that good at that shot without putting the time in.  I have been as high on JH as anyone, but the will questions aren't just one year old.  They have followed Jeremy throughout HS.  He is as talented as anyone on any given night.  The reason Crean did that for JH was to show he was proud of him for doing what he needs to, because that isn't what he did last year.  He has made changes.  Hopefully he provides even a percentage of what CW did at IU and we will be better for it.  No way does he match the numbers CW put up.