Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coachmayhew

The Official Btown Banners Beer Thread!

I was just there this past weekend. I had their Blonde Ale, very nice, and their seasonal IPA, great. I believe they only bottle 6 beers... Longboard, Big Wave, Fire Rock, Wailua Wheat, Pipeline Porter, and Castaway IPA. If you're ever on Oahu I would recommend their restaurant in Hawaii Kai. Good food, good environment, great beer, and great view (especially at sunset).

I've been to their restaurant in Kona. They've got some good pizza! Unfortunately I was a but wee lad when I was there so I couldn't sample the beers...

I just had the phenomenal opportunity to have a watered down warm Bud Light, only priced at 3x what it should be, all while surrounded by 65,000 screaming 15 year old One Direction fans!!! The good news? Zero line for the men's restroom. Father of the year candidate here!

I just had the phenomenal opportunity to have a watered down warm Bud Light, only priced at 3x what it should be, all while surrounded by 65,000 screaming 15 year old One Direction fans!!! The good news? Zero line for the men's restroom. Father of the year candidate here!

Oh god that's a nightmare! You deserve an award Aka a good craft brew!

Had quite a variety today

[attachment=2400:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1439096225.046857.jpg]
[attachment=2401:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1439096243.781027.jpg]
[attachment=2402:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1439096259.882404.jpg]
[attachment=2403:ImageUploadedByBtownBanners1439096277.202391.jpg]

The skinny dip was my favorite. Also had:

Blue Moon Belgium White, Sierra Nevada Hop Attack(not sure on the attack part, just can't remember the actual name), and Kona Fire Rock. I wasn't a big fan of really any of them, but the best one of the bunch was the New Belgium Skinny Dip.

Yuengling is a very good beer, always a go to on any trip through Cincy (closest place to get it) or on vacation to the east coast.
I use Untapped app and it has me constantly trying new beer. Some favorites that i haven't seen mentioned in this thread are Red Stripe & Crabbies

Hey Str8- (I can't quote on here, lol)- curious if you like Newcastle Brown?  We were having a "which beer is most like...." discussion at the bar and Red Stripe was mentioned.  The consensus was that Newcastle is the closest to Red Stripe.

Yuengling is a very good beer, always a go to on any trip through Cincy (closest place to get it) or on vacation to the east coast.
I use Untapped app and it has me constantly trying new beer. Some favorites that i haven't seen mentioned in this thread are Red Stripe & Crabbies

Have some Y in the fridge right now. Love that stuff!

Hey Str8- (I can't quote on here, lol)- curious if you like Newcastle Brown? We were having a "which beer is most like...." discussion at the bar and Red Stripe was mentioned. The consensus was that Newcastle is the closest to Red Stripe.

I do like the Newcastle Brown... Not sure how much like Red Stripe I think it is, I'll have to think about it next time I have it... Wife likes Red Stripe but not the Newcastle so... Definitely something different between the two.