Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Robert Johnson

From Robert:

coach made him a priority in his recruitment

strength- scoring

weaknesses- needs to get stronger

role as a freshman- if he works hard, could impact immediately

Victor transformation had an impact/ being from area and going to IU leading the way

Talking to DRobbb... talks to him but tries not to pressure him wants him to come to IU

Talked to current Hoosiers  from the area about the distance and why to go to IU

Excited to be a Hoosier, working everyday to get here and get Banner no. 6 (unless it becomes no. 7)

seems like more of a 'keep him happy' visit as his role for next year becomes unclear with these additions (both potential and already added).

Nailed it. Gotta keep all the minions in order. Can't have any more JBJ & TL decommits

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I have one problem with us saying that Crean is "keeping him happy." Robert Johnson knows he's good enough to fight for good playing time and we should know it too. Sure, JBJ is really good, but RJ isn't ranked that far behind him. He is going to fit a nice role on this team that will still consist of him playing good minutes, with or without JaQuan. I believe he's gonna surprise a lot of people when he shows up next year.

I don't mean that he won't play. I just mean that Crean has to go around and make sure everybody is feeling the love. If you jump into bed with a girl, and you see another good looking dude, and another good looking dude jumping in right after you....

... you might just want to be reassured the chick still wants your goods :)

(This was a horrible analogy)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app