Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Prayer Thread

1 hour ago, Alford Bailey said:

A classmate and fellow athlete of my daughters killed herself last night. 17 years old and ranked first in her class academic wise. Asking prayers for the family.

It's impossible to understand what possibly could have been going on in her mind that made the future so impossible to contemplate. A life is such a fragile thing and such a tragedy when it ends so soon. My thoughts and sympathies are with her family and friends. I hope that they can find some peace.

On 2/12/2021 at 12:25 PM, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

I'm going to ask for Prayers again..
I woke up this morning to my best friend from HS passing away yesterday. I've been struggling mightily this morning.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

21 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

A classmate and fellow athlete of my daughters killed herself last night. 17 years old and ranked first in her class academic wise. Asking prayers for the family.

Thoughts and prayers for all. 

My 72 year old mother has open heart surgery scheduled for the 25th.  They're going to replace her mitral valve and an ablation.  She's 1000 miles away from me and I can't visit due to Covid protocols.  

I'm nervous, I don't like this at all.  Any prayers for her and her surgeons would be appreciated 

57 minutes ago, Josh said:

My 72 year old mother has open heart surgery scheduled for the 25th.  They're going to replace her mitral valve and an ablation.  She's 1000 miles away from me and I can't visit due to Covid protocols.  

I'm nervous, I don't like this at all.  Any prayers for her and her surgeons would be appreciated 

Prayers brother. 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

Prayers man

6 hours ago, Josh said:

Thanks fellas.  Does anybody have any experience or knowledge of mitral valve replacement surgery that can make me feel confident?

I had mitral valve repair surgery when I was 37. Its a heart surgery which is serious but very common.

8 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

I had mitral valve repair surgery when I was 37. Its a heart surgery which is serious but very common.

Thank you.  And no problems since?  Hers is replacement rather than repair, but thank you.

8 hours ago, Josh said:

Thank you.  And no problems since?  Hers is replacement rather than repair, but thank you.

Im good as new. I think I was told if the valve is replaced then you would have to be on blood thinners. Im not on any blood thinners but Im also not a heart surgeon lol.