Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUFB vs Washington - Saturday, 10.26.24 - ESPN College Game Day

7 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Or…….roll out in the chrome domes. Wilson did some good, a lot of bad, but he rarely missed on helmets. 

Also solid. I would be totally cool with either red or white script helmets as well. He really did nail the helmets.

12 minutes ago, rcbowla said:

I 2nd.....or 3rd??? this thought. @MSU is the game I worry most about. Although, in fairness, I'm worried about every game. Still trying to condition myself to this winning stuff. Coming around but I need more time.

I'm right there with you. That's what watching 70 years worth of losing football will do to a guy. I'm enjoying the hell out of what we are doing and still waiting for the wheels to fall off. PTSD.

My wife and I were just given 2 free tix to the game this Saturday. This is the first year we have not had season tickets and a parking pass. We have always tailgated at Gate 11. What's it going to cost me to park at the church across from Gate 11? I plan on getting there extra, extra early to ensure a spot.

2 hours ago, Artie86 said:

My wife and I were just given 2 free tix to the game this Saturday. This is the first year we have not had season tickets and a parking pass. We have always tailgated at Gate 11. What's it going to cost me to park at the church across from Gate 11? I plan on getting there extra, extra early to ensure a spot.

It will cost at least $30 cash; last week they were full by 9. The business beside the church was letting people park there for $50 last week and they let you use a card. 

2 hours ago, Artie86 said:

see you there, fella....

I'll also have the little one with me. 

There is a house right off Fee on the corner of Matlock and Browncliff that lets people park for pretty cheap. 15 to 20 bucks. It’s about 10 mins from the stadium. Just don’t park on Browncliff people try, but the folks in the neighborhood hate it, including myself, because the road is thin and there are a ton of kids that like to play up and down the street. I’d offer up my driveway, but it will be full :)

Another free option is the IU parking lot at Woodlawn and 12th. I’ve had friends park there in the past. I do not think that they check parking passes on the weekends, but it is worth checking with IU parking. The benefit of parking there, is that it is soooo much easier to leave after the game.

Another good lot is the IU lot on the corner of Fess and Cottage Grove, and a similar lot by the old Folklore Department Church on Indiana. Again, I’d call IU parking and ask if you can park there on the weekends without and IU pass.

1 hour ago, Pudman said:

There is a house right off Fee on the corner of Matlock and Browncliff that lets people park for pretty cheap. 15 to 20 bucks. It’s about 10 mins from the stadium. Just don’t park on Browncliff people try, but the folks in the neighborhood hate it, including myself, because the road is thin and there are a ton of kids that like to play up and down the street. I’d offer up my driveway, but it will be full :)

Another free option is the IU parking lot at Woodlawn and 12th. I’ve had friends park there in the past. I do not think that they check parking passes on the weekends, but it is worth checking with IU parking. The benefit of parking there, is that it is soooo much easier to leave after the game.

Another good lot is the IU lot on the corner of Fess and Cottage Grove, and a similar lot by the old Folklore Department Church on Indiana. Again, I’d call IU parking and ask if you can park there on the weekends without and IU pass.

Yes I parked at the IU lot on 12th and Woodlawn last weekend but it was full by 8:30 am. Any IU lot, as @Hovadipo said is fine as long as it's not an IU athletics lot. IU parking stops writing tickets on Friday at 5 pm and doesn't start back till Monday morning at 7:30 am. 

39 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes I parked at the IU lot on 12th and Woodlawn last weekend but it was full by 8:30 am. Any IU lot, as @Hovadipo said is fine as long as it's not an IU athletics lot. IU parking stops writing tickets on Friday at 5 pm and doesn't start back till Monday morning at 7:30 am. 

Dang.  All these years and I did not know this.  I have usually been too cheap (I like to keep my cash for when a kid tells me last second they need $ for something at school lol) to pay for parking and have walked pretty far over the years.  

1 minute ago, 8bucks said:

Dang.  All these years and I did not know this.  I have usually been too cheap (I like to keep my cash for when a kid tells me last second they need $ for something at school lol) to pay for parking and have walked pretty far over the years.  

It hasn't always been that way with parking but has been that way the last 10 or so.

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If you think message boards for our future opponents are uninformed, unfunny, and offensive?

This U Wash board may just change your mind. Their pre-IU game thread is gold Jerry, gold I tell ya:

https://hardcorehusky.com/discussion/117420/im-rooting-for-indiana-today

Not sure actual IUFB boards are any more respectful than that. The cat looking at the IU-Neb score is outstanding.

16 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If you think message boards for our future opponents are uninformed, unfunny, and offensive?

This U Wash board may just change your mind. Their pre-IU game thread is gold Jerry, gold I tell ya:

Ohhhh more play-calling complaints lol.... a tradition unlike any other. 

42 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Man, I can't remember what I was looking for, but I stumbled upon that board years ago. I've never seen anything quite like it. I don't think "eclectic" does it justice.

On 10/22/2024 at 11:26 AM, Stuhoo said:

Completely agree. MSU on the road will be a coin-flip game. More worried about that one than UW or UM at home.

Chiles can kill you with his legs, just when you think you have them stopped Chiles goes for a 20 or 30 yard run!

2 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Man, I can't remember what I was looking for, but I stumbled upon that board years ago. I've never seen anything quite like it. I don't think "eclectic" does it justice.

"Dear Hardcore Husky Board; My name is Stuhoo and I'm thinking of registering a profile with you, but I'm not sure I'm funny enough."