Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Do Not Fire Mike Woodson

1 hour ago, AH1971 said:

Such a triggered bunch. Going to be a long and miserable winter for some.

For you, it’s a win/win for us!   If MW gets fired, we win!  If we win 25 games, finish top 2 in the B10, make at least the elite 8, we win!  Anything lower than the above and MW gets fired, you lose!  You guys will be the one’s to jump off the cliff if MW fails!  If if MW succeeds, we are the ones eating crow, which we will be happy to eat, but I want mine with honey mustard!  Look who is laughing now!!!  Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!  Get my gist!!!

17 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

For you, it’s a win/win for us!   If MW gets fired, we win!  If we win 25 games, finish top 2 in the B10, make at least the elite 8, we win!  Anything lower than the above and MW gets fired, you lose!  You guys will be the one’s to jump off the cliff if MW fails!  If if MW succeeds, we are the ones eating crow, which we will be happy to eat, but I want mine with honey mustard!  Look who is laughing now!!!  Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!  Get my gist!!!

I don't know how going through another miserable season could be a win for any IU fan. 

1 hour ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I’m not sure the internet’s for you.

53 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

I’m not sure the internet’s for you.

I think it’s not for you and neither is this message board!  I’m fine.  I’ve been a fan of IU basketball much longer than many of the members on this board and I’ve never seen a coach pit fans against fans, but here we are!  IMO, this has all been created by our current coach MW.  

38 minutes ago, IUFAN1976 said:

I think it’s not for you and neither is this message board!  I’m fine.  I’ve been a fan of IU basketball much longer than many of the members on this board and I’ve never seen a coach pit fans against fans, but here we are!  IMO, this has all been created by our current coach MW.  

Maybe you just need some thicker skin.

On 8/15/2024 at 9:16 PM, AH1971 said:

The current best coach in college basketball, Dan Hurley, would have been fired based on this boards criteria for retention well before winning his first title. Through 4 years at UConn, Hurley had:

-two missed tournaments

-zero tournament wins

-both tournament losses to lower seeded teams

-highest conference finish of 3rd place

Jay Wright wouldn’t have made it here. Nor Scott Drew. Or Tony Bennet. Coach K would have been fired long before he ever saw national success. 

You need more or do you get my gist?

Dan Hurley is a ridiculous comparison. Hurley took over in a worse spot than Woodson, but by year three he was clearly on the upswing. Years 3 and 4 he went 11-6, then 13-6 in the Big East. 7 and then 5 seed in the tourney. He was 49 years old. He would not have been fired at Indiana with that resume and it's absurd to suggest otherwise.

30 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Maybe you just need some thicker skin.

Ha, ha, ha now that’s funny!!  You have it all figured out!  You have us all pegged!  Thanks for cracking the code!  I will work on my 61 year old thin skin!  Can I use super glue to attach the skin?  lol!

9 minutes ago, Shooter said:

Dan Hurley is a ridiculous comparison. Hurley took over in a worse spot than Woodson, but by year three he was clearly on the upswing. Years 3 and 4 he went 11-6, then 13-6 in the Big East. 7 and then 5 seed in the tourney. He was 49 years old. He would not have been fired at Indiana with that resume and it's absurd to suggest otherwise.

Two missed tourney’s and zero tournament wins through 4 seasons would have had our Charmin-soft posters heads exploding on here. 

I’m not a Woodson hater by any means, but the few Woodson apologists are a special sort. Results pretty much tell the story in the world of reality. Woodson has been ok by Power 5 standards. Woodson has been subpar by blueblood standards. He’s universally mocked by the college basketball community (writers/podcasts/evaluators). He is solely the reason our preseason ranking isn’t higher this season because he’s not respected by the community involved in ranking such things.

Results can change from year to year. And if he gets the results he’s claimed we are trying to accomplish he can change the narrative. The Woodson apologists simply won’t change anyones mind until the results back it up.

I hope he does, but the apologist will try to go slam dunk on the entire fanbase if he actually has a successful season, and that, will be a quite annoying display that will be par for the course from his army of defenders.

So, ya-rah.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

You haven't been around very long then if you can't remember the fans from RMK's final couple years.

Selective memory is the first signal of hatred.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

10 hours ago, AH1971 said:

Two missed tourney’s and zero tournament wins through 4 seasons would have had our Charmin-soft posters heads exploding on here. 

UConn was in the American conference when Hurley started. They were Kenpom #171 in Ollie's last year. Nobody expected Hurley to have immediate success. There probably would have been mild grumbling from IU fans about early tourney exits in years 3 and 4. But no chance his job would be in serious danger. Situation is not remotely similar to Woodson at IU.

12 hours ago, IUFAN1976 said:

The coach hasn't pitted the fans against each other because it has been  like his since I started getting on message boards 1996. I don't buy fans saying it his attitude that upsets them because it still comes down to wins and losses. With RMK we tolerated his brash behavior as long as he was winning big but starting around 1996 more fans started to turn on him. Why because we weren't winning big any longer and not his behavior. Every coach since then there has been a split in the fan base when it comes to coaches 

16 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

The coach hasn't pitted the fans against each other because it has been  like his since I started getting on message boards 1996. I don't buy fans saying it his attitude that upsets them because it still comes down to wins and losses. With RMK we tolerated his brash behavior as long as he was winning big but starting around 1996 more fans started to turn on him. Why because we weren't winning big any longer and not his behavior. Every coach since then there has been a split in the fan base when it comes to coaches 

Winning solves everything?

So so true.

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’m not a Woodson hater by any means, but the few Woodson apologists are a special sort. Results pretty much tell the story in the world of reality. Woodson has been ok by Power 5 standards. Woodson has been subpar by blueblood standards. He’s universally mocked by the college basketball community (writers/podcasts/evaluators). He is solely the reason our preseason ranking isn’t higher this season because he’s not respected by the community involved in ranking such things.

Results can change from year to year. And if he gets the results he’s claimed we are trying to accomplish he can change the narrative. The Woodson apologists simply won’t change anyones mind until the results back it up.

I hope he does, but the apologist will try to go slam dunk on the entire fanbase if he actually has a successful season, and that, will be a quite annoying display that will be par for the course from his army of defenders.

So, ya-rah.

Exactly this!

3 hours ago, Schreckbagger said:

You haven't been around very long then if you can't remember the fans from RMK's final couple years.

Selective memory is the first signal of hatred.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

Sorry to disappoint you but I haven’t missed a game since the mid-80’s

11 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

So, ya-rah.

I am not an apologist or a hater, I don't care who the coach is as long as the win and don't embarrass us off the court. Woodson hasn't won enough yet for me but he hasn't done anything off the court that has embarrassed the university.