Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hovadipo

(2025) QB - Julian Lewis Somewhat to USC Technically

6 hours ago, ap2345 said:

IU is still trying to get him back on campus and a couple games are being discussed. 

Got to assume the 11/9 Michigan game would be the sweet spot. Guaranteed sellout. Will have great energy. Brand name opponent. Has the potential to be a very cool event. 

13 hours ago, Demo said:

Got to assume the 11/9 Michigan game would be the sweet spot. Guaranteed sellout. Will have great energy. Brand name opponent. Has the potential to be a very cool event. 

They've been discussing Nebraska and Washington

28 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

They've been discussing Nebraska and Washington

This video briefly speaks about IU's continued push to stay on Julian. Towards the end, it does mention something about a possible visit for the Nebraska game. It's actually a little difficult to hear part of what he was saying, but that's what I gathered. Take it for what it's worth.

Will JuJu stay with USC if and when their head coach gets fired after this season? Lincoln Riley is on the very-hot seat. 1-3 in conference, 3-3 overall. 8-5, 5-4 last year.

USC at Maryland this weekend. Maryland has a real shot at winning that one -- cross country travel and such. Go Terps!

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Will JuJu stay with USC if and when their head coach gets fired after this season? Lincoln Riley is on the very-hot seat. 1-3 in conference, 3-3 overall. 8-5, 5-4 last year.

USC at Maryland this weekend. Maryland has a real shot at winning that one -- cross country travel and such. Go Terps!

Think Riley gets fired or leaves on his own to coach elsewhere?

40 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

Unless he turns this season around? Fired.

Between the PAC-12 last year and the B1G this year, he has won two of his last nine conference games.

They're likely going to lose to ND, so unless he wins three of the remaining five conference games they won't be bowl eligible. At Maryland is kind of a big game for them this week. While Maryland has been a mess, they are talented and USC has to fly cross country to play them.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

I never thought I’d utter those two words!  Go Twerps.  I feel so dirty!

2 hours ago, kreigh8 said:

USC is a private school that doesn’t have to publish contracts, so what I read  is probably a guesstimate, but Riley’s buyout is allegedly 88 million.  
I’m guessing there is a near-zero chance he will quit and leave 88 million on the table unless he has a job lined up and agrees to take “only” 40-50 million from USC.

Yet another example of a university (USC, A&M, IU etc) getting glittery eyed and agreeing to an absurd buyout.

2 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Unless he turns this season around? Fired.

Between the PAC-12 last year and the B1G this year, he has won two of his last nine conference games.

They're likely going to lose to ND, so unless he wins three of the remaining five conference games they won't be bowl eligible. At Maryland is kind of a big game for them this week. While Maryland has been a mess, they are talented and USC has to fly cross country to play them.

Fair, just before this season I would have assumed he'd be on the shortlist for Jerry Jones to call in the offseason. Can coach an offense and a year removed from a Heisman winner and #1 NFL draft pick just can't see him having to resort to TV and someone would call if he indeed got canned.

25 minutes ago, Hoosier Guy said:

Absolutely.  There’d be no reason to go to another school’s game if that school didn’t have a real chance.

It's been documented that the staff has a great relationship with Burrus and his camp, the Louisville decision in the summer was a surprise to many.