Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

OGIUAndy

Oumar Ballo (7'0" C) TO INDIANA

14 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Well we certainly have some talent. Always good to see. And good to see the NIL money is still flowing 

Is he a F1 visa? If he is then he's limited on NIL. 

I was just thinking of DJ Burns from NC State. He is 6' 9" and 275 lbs. He played surprisingly well for his size and weight. However, he was definitely overmatched against Purdue, but more than that, he looked totally gassed as the tourney finally appeared to catch up with him. Ballo is at a much different level that Burns.

He kind o reminded me of "Big Baby" Glen Davis a little. He was 6' 9" and 289 in college. 

18 minutes ago, Artie86 said:

I was just thinking of DJ Burns from NC State. He is 6' 9" and 275 lbs. He played surprisingly well for his size and weight. However, he was definitely overmatched against Purdue, but more than that, he looked totally gassed as the tourney finally appeared to catch up with him. Ballo is at a much different level that Burns.

He kind o reminded me of "Big Baby" Glen Davis a little. He was 6' 9" and 289 in college. 

Ballo is a completely different player than DJ Burns. Completely different.

• Ballo is bigger, stronger, in better shape, and a world's better defender.
  • Burns is super skilled and a low post clever scorer and passer option in a way that Ballo never will be.

46 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

• Burns is super skilled and a low post clever scorer and passer option in a way that Ballo never will be.

Ballo also has a better chance at the NBA than Burns does.  Burns has a better shot at the NFL as an offensive lineman than as a center in the NBA

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Ballo is Udoka Azubuike who played for Kansas a few years back. Was an AA in 2020 on almost identical numbers to that of Ballo. Drafted in the first round after his senior year as well

Isn't he in the states on a F-1 visa aka student visa? If that's the case, I am skeptical with the numbers being thrown because he can only earn from passive deals (i.e. Ballo gives EA Sports license to use his NIL) or active deals (things such as posting on social media,  appearing at an event, or signing an autograph) outside of the US. What kind of passive deal would he get for the numbers being thrown around? 

22 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Isn't he in the states on a F-1 visa aka student visa? If that's the case, I am skeptical with the numbers being thrown because he can only earn from passive deals (i.e. Ballo gives EA Sports license to use his NIL) or active deals (things such as posting on social media,  appearing at an event, or signing an autograph) outside of the US. What kind of passive deal would he get for the numbers being thrown around? 

Something resembling Edeys I would think .

9 hours ago, Muskie for three said:

Something resembling Edeys I would think .

That's exactly what I would imagine. Both Edey and Painter had been pretty vocal about the limitations he faced with NIL. I do know he partnered with his school's NIL store and released an officially licensed hockey jersey (aka a passive deal). On3 had him valuated at around $810k in November 2023. 

Ballo hasn't played a single second on the court in B-Town and I'm assuming jersey's haven't even started manufacturing yet. Nor is he the returning POY, like Edey was. I guess what I'm saying is if he's getting the dollar amount that folks are throwing out here, we got bent over backwards on the deal. Even if Ballo turns out to be our jackpot and brings home a banner the valuation of him probably isn't more than $900k. On3 has him currently ranked 5th in valuation (compared to last year Hunter Dickenson was 5th at $844k). With Ballo being a F-1, that dollar amount valuation is probably lower than last year's 5th ranked valuation.

Ballo has NIL limitations and I would be very interested to know what kind of passive deal he got. Maybe he signed a licensed deal with Adidas or something. Who knows. 

1 hour ago, Lebowski said:

That's exactly what I would imagine. Both Edey and Painter had been pretty vocal about the limitations he faced with NIL. I do know he partnered with his school's NIL store and released an officially licensed hockey jersey (aka a passive deal). On3 had him valuated at around $810k in November 2023. 

Ballo hasn't played a single second on the court in B-Town and I'm assuming jersey's haven't even started manufacturing yet. Nor is he the returning POY, like Edey was. I guess what I'm saying is if he's getting the dollar amount that folks are throwing out here, we got bent over backwards on the deal. Even if Ballo turns out to be our jackpot and brings home a banner the valuation of him probably isn't more than $900k. On3 has him currently ranked 5th in valuation (compared to last year Hunter Dickenson was 5th at $844k). With Ballo being a F-1, that dollar amount valuation is probably lower than last year's 5th ranked valuation.

Ballo has NIL limitations and I would be very interested to know what kind of passive deal he got. Maybe he signed a licensed deal with Adidas or something. Who knows. 

Not sure how this works but couldn’t he just get paid his NIL deal on a lump sum on the Bahamas? They would be out of the country and outside of any foreign student issues. Maybe he goes back home this summer for a week and gets paid NIL while there. I doubt we ever hear how it was done but take schools have figured it out.