Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

11 minutes ago, HoosierFan1994 said:

Did IU recruit him out of high school? Believe it would have been towards then end of Archie. 

Edit: Would love to have him here. Hope we get him. Just find it hard to believe he would leave for 15 minutes a game. I feel his role at Illinois would be bigger. 

His little brother is a freshman at IU. I know this for sure. His dad was the best backup QB of all time at IU (I made that up) and his uncle is one of my favorite QB's ever at IU. Family has a house here

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Because money is a baseline 'something', but lots of schools have money and therefore money isn't everything!

Thanks very much for sharing Chris. I love how you bring info, but qualify it with a dose of reality. Because it's my impression that there are rarely absolute certainties and I enjoy the hell out of real information, not telling people what they want to hear and pretending it's certain.

Yea Chris, don’t ever be reluctant to share what you hear; I take all these tidbits as possibilities not as fact (yet) and clues as to what may be happening.

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

His little brother is a freshman at IU. I know this for sure. His dad was the best backup QB of all time at IU (I made that up) and his uncle is one of my favorite QB's ever at IU. Family has a house here

Awesome! I assume this is the shooter you were refering to earlier. Would be a good fit for what IU needs. 

Just now, HoosierFan1994 said:

Awesome! I assume this is the shooter you were refering to earlier. Would be a good fit for what IU needs. 

I like it but I don't get into the numbers like some. He's a tough kid former HS QB, great shooter, can guard some and he wants to be here. He's a team guy plus has played in some big games. 

Just now, Chris007 said:

I like it but I don't get into the numbers like some. He's a tough kid former HS QB, great shooter, can guard some and he wants to be here. He's a team guy plus has played in some big games. 

Finding a guy that WANTS TO BE HERE while understanding his role(not expecting 20+ mins per game) goes just as far as someone that may be more athletic but an issue to the locker room.  

1 minute ago, Adillac said:

I don't see why a 6'7 guy couldn't play some spot minutes at the 4 spot and also some at the 3 spot. 

We also have Mgbako to slide over to the 4. Most good teams only play like 8 players anyways

Just a hypothetical question since he is off the board, but for what this team needs would you rather have Hickman or Goode for the plug-in shooter role?

i don’t think there was ever more than 15 minutes available when you look at the guards we prioritized, but which do you feel is the better player in this spot?

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I liked that he's played on a high major. Illinois has had some good teams the last 3 years. 

2 hours ago, 8bucks said:

Since his visit was an unofficial visit (unless i misread that) I think that also shows we had a lukewarm pitch for him

I saw that too but thought that meant he was paying his own way(?)  and was a very encouraging sign he was interested.

2 minutes ago, Adillac said:

I don't see why a 6'7 guy couldn't play some spot minutes at the 4 spot and also some at the 3 spot. 

Bascially Luke Goode is similar to Miller Kopp in the position he would play.  He's a 3 but can be pushed into a 4 based on matchup.  You aren't going to play him as a 4 if the other team is playing a traditional 4 but you can play him at the 4 in a small ball lineup.  Illinois to Indiana would be a pretty lateral move in terms of playing time and fit IMO as well as NIL so if he likes his role at Illinois but wants to be closer to family it would make sense.  If he is looking for increased court time, not so much.

Just now, Bowhunter said:

Do you think he comes here and wants to come off bench instead of going to a school like Notre Dame and starting ?

That's the $200,000 question.  As in, would he rather come off the bench for IU and make an extra 200K or start at Notre Dame?  ND isn't exactly NIL central in terms of bball money.