Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

Transfer Portal w IU Interest

42 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

In 22 years one championship game appearance, which he won.

Calipari? 2008 with Derrick Rose and Memphis. Lost to Brandon Rush and Mario Chalmers Kansas team. Chalmers hit the 3 to force OT.

2012.... If only we could have stopped Michael Kidd-Gilcgrist who murdered us in both games. And if they weren't 35-37 from the FT line

2014- went with Julius Randle, Harrison twins, James Young, WCS, Poythress as an 8 seed. Lost to 7 seed UConn that had Napier and Boatright.

So 3. It's been 10 years, which you know is eating at UK fans. But that's two title appearances since he's been at Kentucky.

He has taken Kentucky to 4 Final Fours and 7 Elite Eights. Hasn't been to an E8 since the 18-19 season, which I'm sure is killing Kentucky fans.

10 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

@WayneFleekHoosier started it!

I read his post requesting this and split some IU-centric posts into a new thread.

Curse you @Stuhoo.  I was going to take the credit for doing nothing following in the footsteps of my mentor Coach Mike Woodson.

32 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Calipari? 2008 with Derrick Rose and Memphis. Lost to Brandon Rush and Mario Chalmers Kansas team. Chalmers hit the 3 to force OT.

I looked up the 2008 NCAA title game and see NO record of Memphis or Calipari having been in it. 

21 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

image.png

There’s your swing at a McNeeley replacement. Appears to have had solid games against TCU and Texas Tech.

56 minutes ago, Demo said:

There’s your swing at a McNeeley replacement. Appears to have had solid games against TCU and Texas Tech.

Good player.  Scores at multiple levels and does one thing that is incredibly underrated:  gets to the line a lot and hits them.  Last season he shot 253 free throws (7.7 per game) and made 85% of them.  Had a dozen games last year where he shot 10 or more free throws including one where he shot 20 (and made 18).  In three seasons took 497 free throws and made 86%.  Decent handle, at 6'7" is a true 3.

Native Nebraska kid and went in state to Omaha.  Hopefully doesn't decide to stay home and go to Nebraska.

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Good player.  Scores at multiple levels and does one thing that is incredibly underrated:  gets to the line a lot and hits them.  Last season he shot 253 free throws (7.7 per game) and made 85% of them.  Had a dozen games last year where he shot 10 or more free throws including one where he shot 20 (and made 18).  In three seasons took 497 free throws and made 86%.  Decent handle, at 6'7" is a true 3.

So here...he'd be a 2 lol

2 minutes ago, Coach Robby said:

So here...he'd be a 2 lol

247 listed him as a power forward coming out of high school but he started at the 3 at Omaha.  Also looked like he slimmed down from high school instead of trying to put on mass to play the 4 at the college level -- high school weight was listed at 217 and he's listed now at 205.  He slid over to the 4 occasionally at Omaha but he really is a 3.

Get your point about him being a 2 at IU though, LOL.

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I just hid a bunch of Calipari topic posts because they didn't belong in this thread.

Yes those are so toxic :-) Can't wait to land our first portal

26 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Let's define our terms:

• The players enter the portal.
  • To get there? They portalize.
  • Once there? They are portaling.
  • While there? They are portalists.
  • When they commit? They have portaled.
  • If they succeed? They are portalicious!
  • If they fail? They are portalame.
  • If they do it twice? They are re-portaling.
  • If they cannot find a school that will take them? They are put into the portal-potty.

Dude, you just post on here with 1 brain lobe tied behind your back, don’tcha?

6 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

Trilly says Payton Sparks is transferring

4 minutes ago, dwtaylor1055 said:

not shocking

To me that is hella suprising!

He will take a major pay cut to play 25 mpg - I'd expect that is how Sparks is wired. But still.

Leal and Gallo are back Are there any other "75%+ to return" players?