Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

So any person who shows any kind of support for the coach is using a burner account and a s part of the program.
I didn't mind booing the coaches but not the players but now they are getting paid I have no problem with it. During an intense game fans will get frustrated in the moment and do some stupid things. Lord knows I did plenty of stupid stuff during the season.
What I find amusing is that after 4 months people are still upset about Woodson not being fired. I think to many people took the words of so called insiders as gospel and believed he was going to be fired. When it didn't happen people just have went over board with their hate for Woodson. I didn't take the true fan comment from Woodson personally because a lot of us deserved it.  It wasn't about fans being upset over our play but it was the people who was texting it emailing the administration. It was the podcasters who took things to far like the Hoosier Hysterics. If what I read about those two were true they were telling fans that stop donating money and stop going to the games.
They are a funny bunch aren't they.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

10 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

You emailed the AD on multiple occasions demanding he fire Woodson and came to multiple boards to tell everyone (brag?) about it.

Out of everyone here, you were probably among the worst of the worst.  People are upset he did a bad job, blamed the fans for noticing, and then parroted all of those people's complaints about him after his rich friends bailed him out.  "You guys don't know basketball.  Mike Woodson knows basketball.  Mike Woodson thinks we need more guards because guard play is what rules college basketball."  Well thanks for noticing you basketball savant.  I mean Cal40Cheaney and IUbball4eva have only been screaming that on Twitter for 3 years but man have you earned that check Woody.

He better win games.  That is all that saves him right now.  He has a group that can't stand him and he has people (like you) that will defend him when things aren't flying but will be on the horn to the AD the minute he starts to underperform.  And he has pissed off enough media types that they will be more than happy to back the bus over him after the fans have thrown him under it if he doesn't win.  And that is all on him.

Dude even posted the emails he sent. Yet now he gets on here to lecture us every few days for wanting Woodson fired. 

IMG_9753.thumb.png.d1edec08475792ed51347935f3096f85.png

IMG_9754.thumb.png.7dae2719b6cefd47ca95c02bfcebea72.png

41 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

You emailed the AD on multiple occasions demanding he fire Woodson and came to multiple boards to tell everyone (brag?) about it.

Out of everyone here, you were probably among the worst of the worst.  People are upset he did a bad job, blamed the fans for noticing, and then parroted all of those people's complaints about him after his rich friends bailed him out.  "You guys don't know basketball.  Mike Woodson knows basketball.  Mike Woodson thinks we need more guards because guard play is what rules college basketball."  Well thanks for noticing you basketball savant.  I mean Cal40Cheaney and IUbball4eva have only been screaming that on Twitter for 3 years but man have you earned that check Woody.

He better win games.  That is all that saves him right now.  He has a group that can't stand him and he has people (like you) that will defend him when things aren't flying but will be on the horn to the AD the minute he starts to underperform.  And he has pissed off enough media types that they will be more than happy to back the bus over him after the fans have thrown him under it if he doesn't win.  And that is all on him.

I guess reading is a problem for you because I said I did a lot of stupid things during the season. My problem I wrote those and hit send right after the game. If I could just have waited and calmed down I wouldn't have ever sent those emails. It was stupid and worthless to do so.

20 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I guess reading is a problem for you because I said I did a lot of stupid things during the season. My problem I wrote those and hit send right after the game. If I could just have waited and calmed down I wouldn't have ever sent those emails. It was stupid and worthless to do so.

No reading isn't a problem for me.  I read fine.  You can't write those emails you did up above and then come back and tell people they are being irrational.  Your emotions are swinging back and forth based on your perception of things in the moment.  Which is fine, fanatic and all of that, but the whole argument you are putting forth is REALLY hard to take seriously with what Hoosierfan2017 shared above.

Finally, you are coming to the one thread that clearly indicates that you aren't going to find a bunch of Woodson fans and are picking a fight because they haven't let an April and May buying spree change their opinion based on 3 years of results.  Could he possibly win some people back by winning games, absolutely.  Has he made that harder to do with his prickly attitude?  I think so.  Would one be within reason to say he is likely to underperform expectations?  I don't think so.  

We will find out, in the meantime, there are tons of other threads where people are doing the normal summer thing around here and convincing themselves we have an All Star team.  You will find the positivity you seek there.

45 minutes ago, IUCrazy2 said:

No reading isn't a problem for me.  I read fine.  You can't write those emails you did up above and then come back and tell people they are being irrational.  Your emotions are swinging back and forth based on your perception of things in the moment.  Which is fine, fanatic and all of that, but the whole argument you are putting forth is REALLY hard to take seriously with what Hoosierfan2017 shared above.

Finally, you are coming to the one thread that clearly indicates that you aren't going to find a bunch of Woodson fans and are picking a fight because they haven't let an April and May buying spree change their opinion based on 3 years of results.  Could he possibly win some people back by winning games, absolutely.  Has he made that harder to do with his prickly attitude?  I think so.  Would one be within reason to say he is likely to underperform expectations?  I don't think so.  

We will find out, in the meantime, there are tons of other threads where people are doing the normal summer thing around here and convincing themselves we have an All Star team.  You will find the positivity you seek there.

I just saw that this "All Star" team isn't thought that highly of by the computers. Torvik has them at #31 after they dropped a few days ago from 23. For reference, the summer before TJD's senior season Torvik had them at 11 or 12. Last year's team was ranked about the same as this one. With Woodson as the coach, that doesn't fill me with confidence.

I just saw that this "All Star" team isn't thought that highly of by the computers. Torvik has them at #31 after they dropped a few days ago from 23. For reference, the summer before TJD's senior season Torvik had them at 11 or 12. Last year's team was ranked about the same as this one. With Woodson as the coach, that doesn't fill me with confidence.

Yeah, the joke on Twitter was Torvik factored in some coaching component to the algorithm.

Laughing aside, I don’t know what the tweak was but having a top 5$ team on paper and a top 31 team on metrics isn’t exactly the sauce we all want it to be.

I personally like the roster. I think I need to see Carlyle,Rice in candy stripes to see if they live up. I think I need to see if Mgbako improves his perimeter D. Gallo’s shooting. Big depth? Woody’s ability to coach against the better coaches in college basketball. So far he’s made a lot of hard-working, unheralded coaches look really good.

Anyone know what the tweak was that crushed our metrics?

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, the joke on Twitter was Torvik factored in some coaching component to the algorithm.

Laughing aside, I don’t know what the tweak was but having a top 5$ team on paper and a top 31 team on metrics isn’t exactly the sauce we all want it to be.

I personally like the roster. I think I need to see Carlyle,Rice in candy stripes to see if they live up. I think I need to see if Mgbako improves his perimeter D. Gallo’s shooting. Big depth? Woody’s ability to coach against the better coaches in college basketball. So far he’s made a lot of hard-working, unheralded coaches look really good.

I don't know how often they're updated but I'm guessing additions to other teams since the last update. 

I'm sure the fans of schools like Rutgers, Penn State, and Northwestern are glad we kept him.

I googled 'schreckbagger' and it turned up.....nothing.  So can we assume it means 'person who has a vague screen name that takes offense to it being spelled wrong'?
Internet can be difficult for novices who use only 'giggle'. So, can we assume your sense of humor has never developed?

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I think you hit the nail on the head, lol!

10 hours ago, go iu bb said:

I think WayneFleekHoosier hit the nail on the head, Torvik factored in the coaching component, lol

All kidding aside, I do think this roster is constructed better than last years roster,  especially at the guard position.  I think we just need to see Rice and Carlyle play and how the entire team fits together but the key is going to be coaching and chemistry 

8 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Torvik's model is not only based on returning production but also heavily weighs efficiency. Let's be honest, Rice, Carlyle, and Mgbako weren't the most efficient players last year, most freshman aren't. 

37 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Torvik's model is not only based on returning production but also heavily weighs efficiency. Let's be honest, Rice, Carlyle, and Mgbako weren't the most efficient players last year, most freshman aren't. 

I definitely think their ceiling is tremendously high!