Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, SamIam said:

Well then lets thank the lord someone with morals is making that choice. 

Letting morals get in the way of hiring the best basketball coach is the exact reason why Indiana is a has been program. It doesn't make any sense. 

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

Only in the world of IUBB would a guy who took over a stone dead program, turned it into a final 4 team and has backed it up be dismissed as some sort of lottery ticket.

And it’s not roll of the dices, it’s rolls of the dice.

If Dusty May was a student manager at any other B10 school he's not even a candidate for this job. Fact.

1 minute ago, IndyResident16 said:

He's won literally everywhere he's been and it doesn't take him 5 years to get the ball rolling. Don't overthink this chief. 

Chief? Lol, welcome to middle school. Next you'll call me "dude."

I'm not overthinking it:

1. He's good at coaching basketball
  2. It is empirically true that he was fired from his last job for misconduct.
  3. He is not a viable candidate for IU.

So, one more time; name me a VIABLE candidate for IU that you'd be happy with.

Ready? GO!

5 minutes ago, Kentuckysucks said:

You think there's any chance Dusty would bring back Fife if he ever gets the job?

May-Lewis-Fife-Guyton.png

Anything can happen but I would be surprised. I think he would bring one assistant with him. 

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Chief? Lol, welcome to middle school. Next you'll call me "dude."

I'm not overthinking it:

1. He's good at coaching basketball
  2. It is empirically true that he was fired from his last job for misconduct.
  3. He is not a viable candidate for IU.

So, one more time; name me a VIABLE candidate for IU that you'd be happy with.

Ready? GO!

I'm not sure you understand what viable means.

2 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

If Dusty May was a student manager at any other B10 school he's not even a candidate for this job. Fact.

He's been listed as a candidate at Louisville, Michigan, Ohio St and WV. You are either just trolling now or this is some kind of act. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

He's been listed as a candidate at Louisville, Michigan, Ohio St and WV. You are either just trolling now or this is some kind of act. 

I wasn't aware any of those jobs were open? And if one of those schools wants to hire Dusty May, let them. 

6 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Letting morals get in the way of hiring the best basketball coach is the exact reason why Indiana is a has been program. It doesn't make any sense. 

Those pesky morals. Always getting in the way of what I want to do! Starting to think the 16 in your username refers to your age cause that's an asinine argument

https://gbmwolverine.com/2023/06/06/michigan-basketball-6-potential-coaching-candidates-to-replace-juwan-howard/

Oh, and here's his name on another big ten job.

Just now, IndyResident16 said:

I'm not sure you understand what viable means.

"able to exist, perform as intended, or succeed:"

Ima gonna highlight ABLE. 

Because Chis Beard has ZERO chance of being hired at IU, he will never be able to succeed there.

Would you like another way of stating it?

• Indiana University will not hire Chris Beard because of the nature of his FIRING from his last job. 
  • Can you name one candidate who
    • IU would hire and
    • who would likely take the job

that you wholeheartedly approve of?

1 minute ago, SamIam said:

A Michigan fan-site wants to hire Dusty May!!

I stopped reading once I saw Jay Wright's name mentioned, should tell you all you need to know about the validity of the source. 

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I think you've proven your not aware of a lot of things. 

Like your grammar?

If those schools want to make a minor league hire let them. First time in awhile IU has been better than both Michigan and Ohio State. I'd like to keep it that way. 

1 minute ago, IndyResident16 said:

I stopped reading once I saw Jay Wright's name mentioned, should tell you all you need to know about the validity of the source. 

So "chief," since IU will never consider Chris Beard, do you have any other choice that would meet your approval?

2 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Yeah that's a pretty absurd list.  

4 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Also mentioned Nate Oats, that's a call IU should make. It's Alabama, Spring football is more important than basketball.

37 minutes ago, IndyResident16 said:

Because his resume/experience doesn't warrant a job of Indiana's magnitude, fluke F4 run be damned. 

That's funny. Indiana's "magnitude" at this point is "dumpster fire"... but yeah, please do continue...

I like Dusty May a lot. I love the story and his accomplishments the past 3 years are impressive given the challenge of winning at FAU. But  is it not fair to be a little wary as a fan of a program that has whiffed on multiple coaching hires in a row? I recognize FAU is not an easy place to win, but the reality is the current success of that program has been built on an international transfer from 2021 and 2 guard recruits from 2020. Is expecting May to have overnight success with a relatively small body of work realistic? And would fans be willing to wait if May was only able repeat the timeline of what he did at FAU vs making a quick splash? That would mean he finds key pieces this spring and has a B2B S16 contenders in 2027-2028.

I think I would ultimately be happy with May. But I definitely have some not so insignificant concerns about the ability to recruit and sustain success at a high-major, high-pressure environment.

For the record since I'll probably be asked, I guess my candidate list would probably break down in 2 tiers. Tier 1 comprised of Drew, Oates, Pearl (but don't love the age) and tier 2 inclusive of May, Shrewsberry (would like to see ND turn around next yr), Cronin, Matta, and maybe Schertz.