Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson + Assessment of Former Posters

15 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’d say Dolsen should have an honest conversation with the McNeely’s to find out why Liam decomitted. I think their answer would explain to Dolsen why he needs to move on now.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Hopefully he doesn’t say toxic fans lol

3 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

That's an average over 14 loses. Considering that they had only 19 wins and many of those were close, I am pretty sure IU got outscored over the course of the season. 

Just checked. They did get outscored 2386 (182nd) to 2452 (288th). The stats are just as brutal as watching the team was.

15 pts is pretty close to blow out territory. I wonder how many p5 teams have an average that bad. It can’t be very many. Maybe just us. 

15 hours ago, str8baller said:

I don’t root for us to lose, I just don’t watch. I didn’t watch most of the Archie era nor the end of the Crean era. I doubt i watch much of next year if he’s back. 

At this point if you haven’t watch better part of 8 seasons, why haven’t you adopted another team?

6 minutes ago, str8baller said:

15 pts is pretty close to blow out territory. I wonder how many p5 teams have an average that bad. It can’t be very many. Maybe just us. 

For comparison sake, Mizzou who went 0-fer in the SEC had an average loss of 10.5 over 24 losses. Uof6's was 12.9 over 24 losses.

6 minutes ago, str8baller said:

To me, that is a blowout. So they averaged getting blown out in 14 loses. That shows that the season was actually way worse than the W/L record (which we all know).

15 hours ago, cbp4iu said:

But… But…. 19-14 is good…. We will be a 6 seed in the NIT….

on a serious note though… I’m proud some of the guys didn’t pack it in this year. Sometimes even when you don’t like someone or something you just have to play for yourself and *friends* on the team. Now not saying the future is bright because where we stand it’s looking bleak. 

I’m not so sure about the reasons you gave for the guys not packing it in. I think the didn’t because they playing for their individual futures. **** I wished they did pack it in the last 5 games, if we didn’t go on the winning streak Woody for sure be gone.

15 hours ago, Trish said:

Woodson gets blown out in the final game in the first 3 seasons of a head coach here and then gets ejected. 

Go ahead and clean the office out Mike. 

He is doing his best XJ impression 

Well, last night was certainly entertaining. The team was blown out and Woodson managed to get thrown out with the same little effort that seems to be his calling card.

Just checking back in to see if he's still employed? Apparently Dolson hasn't yet grown a pair. Next year will be downright brutal. Who in their right minds would want to play for this clown? No amount of NIL money would be worth in IMO.

Carry on.

BTW, my 'Lopes are playing today for the WAC championship and an automatic bid to the NCAA Tournament. I'll have Brice Drew give a shoutout to Woodson in his post game presser.

31 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

So is the “Arche Miller was better” crowd the same as the “TjD can’t play in the NBA” crowd? Asking for that good ole friend who doesn’t have the pleasure of frequenting message boards.

If you care about analytics, this IU team finishes the season the 3rd worst rated IU team in the KenPom era (since 1999).  Worse than any Archie Miller-coached IU team. That's a fact. So yes, Archie was better. But I feel like I'm preaching to the choir.

16 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I’d say Dolsen should have an honest conversation with the McNeely’s to find out why Liam decomitted. I think their answer would explain to Dolsen why he needs to move on now.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Not sure it matters. Liam is gone. Nothing Dolson can do about that. And doubtful it really changes anything in the big picture. Woodson sucks as a coach. Buckner has stars in his eyes for Woodson. The course appears to be set.

15 hours ago, Trish said:

https://x.com/indianahq/status/1768843552111345731?s=46

It ain’t that much? What? You have zero recruits and zero bench players. 

This just proves how clueless Rosemond is how sad. He’s probably saying this because Woody said I’m not letting this work cut into my golf time this spring. I miss too much golf last year with my knee surgery. I’m not gonna let that happen again. I don’t care how big that hump is. I’m playing golf Woody.