Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

Just now, Hornsby said:

Not saying a bang but be competitive not look like we did vs auɓurn.

Sent from my SM-A146U using Tapatalk

I can live with that.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

You know they both are starting.

I said a while back one thing that wouldn’t surprise me is if he landed a starting 5 and probably a good one. Maybe I am Trilly? Really makes you wonder how this would impact the guards we are pursing a la last spring. Clogged lane doesn’t usually equal creativity and slashing. 

14 minutes ago, IH8PU said:

Way way way too early. Even the good RMK teams were ugly at times in the Hawaii Classics. IMO too many new players to start off with a bang in the Bahamas against good teams.

I didn’t mean win it, just not get nuked by every top 25 team we play and win a few of them. Our best win last year was a loss to Kansas lol

1 minute ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I said a while back one thing that wouldn’t surprise me is if he landed a starting 5 and probably a good one. Maybe I am Trilly? Really makes you wonder how this would impact the guards we are pursing a la last spring. Clogged lane doesn’t usually equal creativity and slashing. 

I tried to say that this morning on another thread and you would think I was making fun of people’s moms.

4 minutes ago, OKHOOSIER said:

I didn’t mean win it, just not get nuked by every top 25 team we play and win a few of them. Our best win last year was a loss to Kansas lol

"throttle back" .... I never said you meant win it nor did I think you were saying that. IN FACT you quoted my answer to Hornsby's post, not yours.

image.thumb.png.173efac0a00e93be6d281091f8f1a797.png

2 minutes ago, IH8PU said:

"throttle back" .... I never said you meant win it nor did I think you were saying that. IN FACT you quoted my answer to Hornsby's post, not yours.

I know. I wasn’t attacking you my dude, just stating when I mentioned the Bahamas I meant more competitive not necessarily win it. I was too lazy to quote myself, and I am probably too much of a moron to do it on mobile. 

The idea that Woodson critics did not think he'd be able to land some good players in the portal is unequivocally false.

In fact I'd say it's widely expected that he will land a good starting 5 considering the core has returned (and that NIL we've heard about)

How many portal additions are needed is subjective, apparently, and how good the final group is... remains to be seen. 

Lot of people celebrating. Yes landing Ballo Carlyle and Rice would be a phenomenal start to the portal. IMO, we need at least one more guard/perimeter defender/shooter. Then a back up big. Maybe Cupps hits the portal in which case you fill that spot no matter what. 

Assume we'll be moving onto 2nd and 3rd tier prospects on the staffs preferred list after the initial wave of visits. We'll see how it shakes out. Then we'll see how how they look next year. Not going to be any time for a learning curve. 

The idea that Woodson critics did not think he'd be able to land some good players in the portal in unequivocally false.
In fact I'd say it's widely expected that he will land a good starting 5 considering the core has returned.
How many portal additions are needed is subjective, apparently, and how good the final group is... remains to be seen. 
Lot of people celebrating. Yes landing Ballo Carlyle and Rice would be a phenomenal start to the portal. IMO, we need at least one more guard/perimeter defender/shooter. Then a back up big. Maybe Cupps hits the portal in which case you fill that spot no matter what. 
Assume we'll be moving onto 2nd and 3rd tier prospects on the staffs preferred list after the initial wave of visits. We'll see how it shakes out. Then we'll see how how they look next year. Not going to be any time for a learning curve. 
I could see cupps maybe leaving his playing time will likely go way way down.

1 minute ago, Home Jersey said:

The idea that Woodson critics did not think he'd be able to land some good players in the portal in unequivocally false.

In fact I'd say it's widely expected that he will land a good starting 5 considering the core has returned.

And we are arguing over hypotheticals lol. We haven’t landed anyone yet. Let’s argue about the pieces once they play for IU. I like crystal balls as much as the next Hogwarts graduate, but until we know who we have this is all moot. 

Just now, Hornsby said:

I could see cupps maybe leaving his playing time will likely go way way down.

Yep... wish him the best of luck in that case. Would be best for everyone IMO.

He'd do pretty good at a place like Dayton. Maybe he gets a shot at ND if he wants to stay in a major conference...

I appreciate his supposed work ethic and all but I don't think he should be more than 10th/11th man on next years team if we're actually to be competitive. 

Yep... wish him the best of luck in that case. Would be best for everyone IMO.
He'd do pretty good at a place like Dayton. Maybe he gets a shot at ND if he wants to stay in a major conference...
I appreciate his supposed work ethic and all but I don't think he should be more than 10th/11th man on next years team if we're actually to be competitive. 
Rice is only a sophomore so cupps would be playing behind him his whole career probably. He would ptlrobably get 10 mns a game max.

51 minutes ago, Hoosier2014 said:

I’m ready to be hurt again. What’s the odds Woody is the bridge to Stevens? And was this the plan all along? Stevens says not yet, give Woody a go and I’ll be ready when he retires. Probably pure delusion but why in the hell did Seth tweet that lol

Did you just fire up the rollercoaster again? I ain't riding it this time around.

38 minutes ago, IH8PU said:

I can live with that.

So what I would be looking for next year:

-At least 2-1 in the Bahamas

-Win against the sacrificial lambs by an average of 20+

-Depending on schedule, at least 1 or 2 more wins against the P5 programs we are likely to play.

-In the BIG, draw a line after the 9th team in conference.  We should win 60% or more of the games against the teams above that line and 80% or more against the teams below.

The post season is kind of a crap shoot but I think making the tournament as a seed lower than 6 and winning at least one game should be the absolute baseline expectation.

I think that would be reasonable AD expectations. 

37 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Yes for sure. Quinn would send his buddy to retirement for Brad.

I'm confused. If one of the major issues with the current state of Indiana athletics (men's basketball in particular) is the desire to keep the program pick a word - mediocre/marginal/inconsequential, how can there be any legitimate interest in Stevens, Donovan or any other quality coach?

There are a number of posts in this thread alone about how screwed up the administration is, and how the post-Knight years will never allow the program to be "bigger than the university". That seems incredibly incongruous with the resurgence of interest in Brad Stevens.

And now, William Quinn Buckner, who as BoT chair, has driven the Keep Coach Mike Wooden Express for four years now would suddenly shove Woodson aside for Stevens?