Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Fire Coach Woodson Thread

5 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Back to firing Mike Woodson. Don't be surprised when we don't use all of the 13 scholarships again this year. We will probably be out of money by scholarship 11 if not then by 12.

I think we're finding out again this year that no guards want to come play in this offense. 

Clearly they're worried about competing with Cupps.

4 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The first thing is we shouldn't have overpaid a couple of guys who are currently on the team. 

Probably why they were paid to make sure they stay so there wont be even more schollys not filled when the disappointment hits.

14 minutes ago, Banksyrules said:

Maybe it would be wise instead of spreading the money around. Consolidate and offer big money to two or three guards?

I would hope that's what they are doing. Even then I think we tend to overrated our own nil. I know we added more. But other programs want to win too. You have to think the Kansas, Kentucky and ucla's of the world are adding more too after disappointing seasons. 

We can't just paper over the woody problem so easily. 

17 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

The first thing is we shouldn't have overpaid a couple of guys who are currently on the team. 

Yeah it speaks to me that we’re a horrible run program and administration just trying to make the best of a horrible situation sadly. 

1 minute ago, Chris007 said:

Walker has rescheduled his visit, so he will not be on campus today according to Rabby.

Another reason to fire Mike Woodson

Well, at least he didn’t “cancel”! Right?

15 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I mentioned that about 70 pages back. Fans of pro sports know intimately you can't overpay guys by 50% and expect to be competitive.  Paying guys like leal to say nice things on senior night is an inefficient use of funds.  

Having come from the pros I would have hoped woody understood this basic fact.  Maybe he does... we'll see how it plays out

Just now, str8baller said:

I mentioned that about 70 pages back. Fans of pro sports know intimately you can't overpay guys by 50% and expect to be competitive.  Paying guys like leal to say nice things on senior night is an inefficient use of funds.  

Having come from the pros I would have hoped woody understood this basic fact.  Maybe he does... we'll see how it plays out

Yeah with Leal it should have been you either want to be here or you don't. Once we field a competitive roster, we'll see what NIL money we have left over and you can have that. 

5 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I'm not seeing this, but admittedly I don't know the details.

Say we are overpaying a guy like Leal; double the $100k that might be the going rate and allot him $200K. How in the world would that make any consequential difference in a budget of over $6 million? Any overpaying is a bad idea, but when the budget is over the top does that particular overpay really matter much?

No Walker visit is fine by me... not getting to a full 13 scholarships, is not. If they don't get to 12, that should be unacceptable... total malpractice in back to back years. They've got to get it right this time around... please help us basketball gods

Walker has rescheduled his visit, so he will not be on campus today according to Rabby.
Another reason to fire Mike Woodson

Grasping at straws in the TP. Walker isn’t starter potential, so it never made sense to me with 4 guards on roster and 3 of them mostly reserves.

We need 2 starting quality guards and the best 5 we can get.

This staff worries me. But that’s what happens when faith is gone.

The level of guard so far we are trying to get doesn’t inspire much hope.

We really should double Liam’s offer and get that kid. Play him at the 2. Somehow convince him Indiana is the spot.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

I'm not seeing this, but admittedly I don't know the details.

Say we are overpaying a guy like Leal; double the $100k that might be the going rate and allot him $200K. How in the world would that make any consequential difference in a budget of over $6 million? Any overpaying is a bad idea, but when the budget is over the top does that particular overpay really matter much?

When you’re competing against other big programs, yes it does.  At UNC they have listed up to 4 million but privately we have a few donors that would easily make that 8 if we desperately need a kid. Duke likes to go in house typically and develop their own. But working with their donors a lot,  believe me the money is there ten fold.  It matters if you want to win big time at least.  Maybe we’re just happy to make the dance and exit early type of program now. So it’s in the eye of the beholder I guess. 

9 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Grasping at straws in the TP. Walker isn’t starter potential, so it never made sense to me with 4 guards on roster and 3 of them mostly reserves.

We need 2 starting quality guards and the best 5 we can get.

This staff worries me. But that’s what happens when faith is gone.

The level of guard so far we are trying to get doesn’t inspire much hope.

We really should double Liam’s offer and get that kid. Play him at the 2. Somehow convince him Indiana is the spot.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Each day that goes by makes it more and more clear this is his last year. They put a PG in the mid-first round and still can't convince any guards to come. It's over. 

Gabe Cupps is the most recent guard to commit to this staff. And that wasn't recent.

11 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Remember we couldn't play in the NIT because we had to concentrate on the portal. So far going into the dead period from April 4-11 we have zero recruits from the portal. Killin it!!

Was it Mr Yeagley who wrote Woodson had to have a "haul" in the portal to stay?  Am I remembering this correctly?  Also, for Cook Inc. he can see money was not the issue.