Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUWBB @ Iowa - Saturday, 01.13.24 @ 8:00 ET on Fox TV

4 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I don't think anybody ever mentioned tonight -- at least that I heard -- that we had to travel and play in the same day. 

Not an excuse -- we would've lost anyway -- but that's a pretty tall order for any basketball team. 

If we'd been playing anybody else tonight, it probably comes up. They weren't going to say anything that could possibly undermine Clark's performance. 

19 minutes ago, colonel06 said:

Foul  Clark when she is dribbling at least 2 points at foul line better than 3’s!

Yes. Lamendola, Beaumont = 10 times you could do that for that purpose.

Every time Clark drove, everybody collapsed to the lane and left the wings wide open. Was way too easy for her to drive and dish. For the most part, I thought CMM did pretty well on her. We just needed to let her do her job and not help so much.

CC is too smart to not recognize her teammates are wide open from the perimeter. 

That's the same problem the fellas have battled all season -- overhelping. 

22 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Every time Clark drove, everybody collapsed to the lane and left the wings wide open. Was way too easy for her to drive and dish. For the most part, I thought CMM did pretty well on her. We just needed to let her do her job and not help so much.

CC is too smart to not recognize her teammates are wide open from the perimeter. 

That's the same problem the fellas have battled all season -- overhelping. 

And Clark will soon be a favorite in Indiana when she's playing for the Fever.

2 hours ago, maharkn said:

She has 4 already

Sent from my Pixel 6a using Tapatalk

Didn't call several on her in the first half but after the lead was around 20 they called 3 in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

We miss Grace Berger's ability to get in the lane for a mid-range jumper so badly.  This year it's either pound it in to Mack or settle for a 3.  No one seems to have Grace's ability for that 3rd offensive weapon.

Beaumont is the only one on the team that has that in her game and she’s not ready for a featured role yet.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Beaumont is the only one on the team that has that in her game and she’s not ready for a featured role yet.

Having watched her play several HS games, I agree.  Hopefully next year she'll be able to prove that she can and build CTM's confidence in her.  And yes, neither she nor Jules are ready for the big stage as freshmen.

This team misses Grace Berger.  Clearly, replacing her was going to be a challenge.  It is apparent that Yarden’s skill set isn’t going to fill that spot.  She has 6 turnovers last night trying to get into the middle. That’s not her strength. She isn’t fluid in her movements and I don’t expect her to morph into Grace 2.0.  The way she was used last year was better for the team and for her.  She is a very good player, but it looks like she is unsure and frustrated on the offensive end of the floor. We have a very good team.  Play to your strength. 

17 minutes ago, pappy1865 said:

Just now getting a chance to read the gameday thread. The tweets are gone. What did DD and Grace say?

Sent from my SM-G986U using BtownBanners mobile app

DD being a jacka$$ about IU women's bball and Grace put him in his place with her rebuttal tweet.  Really wish we could divorce our school from Dakich and take back his diploma.