Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

2024 IUFB Schedule

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Go get'em Coach Cig.

It's still IU football until proven otherwise so I don't expect this to happen, but there are definitely at least 6 winnable games on that schedule.

8-1 is pretty likely?
There's ?'s but I think 7-0 is possible if I'm being naively optimistic. I'll say this is as good of a schedule as CCC could hope for to try and build momentum. Gotta go out and get things done though of course.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I won't be surprised if we go bowling next year. I also won't be overly disappointed if we don't.  

I see six games that can go our way, two possible games, one questionable game and the rest complete long shots.

We will win more than three games and won't go to into OT against a MAC school. I'll be surprised if we don't win five games. 

On 12/17/2023 at 9:00 PM, Lebowski said:

I won't be surprised if we go bowling next year. I also won't be overly disappointed if we don't.  

I see six games that can go our way, two possible games, one questionable game and the rest complete long shots.

We will win more than three games and won't go to into OT against a MAC school. I'll be surprised if we don't win five games. 

I now see six games that can go our way, two questionable games and the rest complete long shots. 

Call me crazy, but the only two complete long shots I see on there are OSU/Michigan.

Washington minus DeBoer and with all the talent leaving isn’t as scary as it once looked. @UCLA and @MSU won’t be easy but also not what you’d call unwinnable games 

8 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

I now see six games that can go our way, two questionable games and the rest complete long shots. 

Having the two long shots at game 10 and 11 is so huge for momentum purposes. How many years have we felt pretty good about things only to get absolutely s**t-housed by one of those two or Penn State?

On the other hand, if we're all wrong and things aren't going so hot, needing a couple wins in November is going to be a touch disheartening lol.

11 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Call me crazy, but the only two complete long shots I see on there are OSU/Michigan.

Washington minus DeBoer and with all the talent leaving isn’t as scary as it once looked. @UCLA and @MSU won’t be easy but also not what you’d call unwinnable games 

This must be what it feels like to be a fan for ANY TEAM heading into the Big Ten West for the last few years.  

40 minutes ago, Hoosierfan222 said:

Here's my breakdown. Keep in mind, I believe every game is winnable, but that's just me. 

Can go our way
FIU
Western Illinois
Charlotte
Northwestern
MSU
Purdue

Possible
Maryland
Nebraska

Questionable
UCLA
Washington

Long Shots
Michigan
OSU

Some of y'all will probably disagree with some of this and that totally makes sense. The Possible and Questionable category teams can easily be thrown into a hat. I broke them down based on home or away games. And I just added Washington because DeBoer is no longer heading the ship.

If we go into October with only one loss that means we knocked off either Maryland or UCLA or both. And if that happens, buckle up, our conference season is going to fun to watch. Now if we go into October with only two wins than we're in for a long season but not out of the ordinary for IUFB. I strongly feel good things happening this season for IUFB where heads will turn and Coach Cig possibly winning Big Ten Coach of the Year. Or at least I want to believe that. On the other hand I won't be shocked if we don't win 6 games. I will be disappointed and surprised if he don't win 5 games. Just my two cents. 

Just now, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

Western Illinois went 0-11 last season.  If we can't beat them, we're absolutely in trouble.

Well it did take us 4 OTs to beat Akron... but a lot has changed since then.