Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Army - Sunday, 11.12.23 @ 7:00 on BTN

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Let’s not go there please.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Spot on doc—thanks.

On this board:

Hating on Dakich? Surely.

Hating (or loving) Dakich’s politics? No.

Comparing politicians for who you’d like more for damn near anything, from fry cook to IU Coach to elected office? Hell no.

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Let’s not go there please.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

How about a neutral 'I'd rather have (insert whoever you think would be the worst political figure) to coach than Dakich as our head coach!'

Because if there is something I think we can all agree on, (insert whoever you think would be the worst political figure) sucks and (the action that you think signifies their suckage) was downright criminal!

Just now, RaceToTheTop said:

How about a neutral 'I'd rather have (insert whoever you think would be the worst political figure) to coach than Dakich as our head coach!'

Because if there is something I think we can all agree on, (insert whoever you think would be the worst political figure) sucks and (the action that you think signifies their suckage) was downright criminal!

It would be a different thread; but feel free to start a “Dan Dakich Sux” thread.

Let’s immediately go back to using this one for the IU/Army game tonight.

2 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

It would be a different thread; but feel free to start a “Dan Dakich Sux” thread.

Let’s immediately go back to using this one for the IU/Army game tonight.

No problem.  Just trying to add some levity.

Army has ran a 10 man rotation with no one playing a ton of minutes -- Jared Cross has led them with 25 mpg and he comes off the bench.  Their defense hasn't been bad but offensively have been putrid.  Nobody averaging in double figures through two games.  They play at a snail's pace, so will try to have a low possession game.  52 of their 113 shots so far have been from three but they've only hit on 25% of their threes and hitting 52% from the line.

3 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

Okay; ‘f’ Dakich and kudos to Dave from Dayton for identifying the best strategy as ignoring him.

And on that note:

Army has been truly lousy on offense so far this year. Truly. I suppose given their offensive capabilities to date they have had the week to reevaluate and make positive changes.

However, for me this is a game for the Hoosiers to lock down and start to become a next level defensive squad. We have the ability to do that.

I think it’s more a game where we’ll see more run from the bench, more testing lineups and sets. 

My biggest hope this game is that Mack/the second unit get a lot of playing time. Mack needs all the defensive reps he can get at this point and Army should be the kind of opponent where we can afford a few "learning moments" from him for the greater good. 

Can Gunn play under control? Does Banks look better? Will Walker be the smart, steady player we need him to be? 

Those are the main things on my mind coming into this one. 

Just now, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jeff Goodman -

Indiana reserve big man Payton Sparks is expected to play tonight against Army, source told @TheMessenger.  Sparks transferred from Ball State.

He's in Bloomington visiting his daughter and attended his first ever college volleyball game earlier today.

Let's go! Amazing news. 

4 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Army starts two Indiana kids:

6'9" Charlie Peterson.  Played high school ball at North Central.  Averaging 5 points and 7 rebounds. For his career averaging 7 points and 5 rebounds.  

6'2" Blake Barker from Columbus North.  Averaging 3 points per game.

Blake is the son of Lance Barker (‘91 East, all around db and all-time Columbus scoring leader). Sister is Lauren, helluva basketball player and golfer). I was ‘89 for reference 

So, not that these sorts of comparisons actually mean anything, but...

--Army lost to Stonehill 57-44

--UConn beat Stonehill 107-67

......We've got our work cut out for us, a week from today! And Wright State won't be a push over either. 

Nothing quite like the start of a new IUBB season