Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

Trent Sisley is an Outstanding Hoosier and (2025) SG - to UConn Thread

4 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

So when he went to Kentucky did the plan fall apart then?  I am not following how those posts were truly a big deal unless you are saying that missing Malachi killed the dream.  That could be but then I wonder why Sisley committed.  I had thought he wanted to go here IF others came with him.  

Of those three kids one was the influencer and in my eyes a really impressive young man and vocal leader. So while this is not a done deal and Mullins wasn’t interested in a Jasper Johnson UK team, when his big man very close friend eliminated IU, it opened Mullins’ eyes to other options, and one of those options is the two time defending national champion.

10 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Murray was with Mack at L'ville before though and they did not have success.  Other than arriving at the same time they started having success there more to the story?

Murray was named the offensive coordinator at UConn just prior to the start of the 22-23 season and had previously worked for Hurley at Wagner and Rhode Island. Mack/Murray were very successful at Xavier prior to Louisville and had KenPom ORtg of 15, 18, 29, and 8. Murray's primary role at Louisville was recruiting coordinator yet Louisville still had top 30 KenPom offenses during Murray/Mack first two years there before the wheels came off in year three because of off the court issues

32 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

So, has Barrel Rick turned into the new NGO or whatever the dudes name is everyone wets their panties about.

Sent from my SM-S906U using BtownBanners mobile app

Nope - he's disappeared from the board. But his chances of having an actual and real family connection to Braylon Mullins? Yup - that's real.

Take it for what it is worth I messaged a guy I know who is close to the Greenfield basketball program. It is not my brother's former son in law that I talked about earlier. He just messaged me that no decisions have been made and he and his family is not talking to anyone.

5 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

What makes you say that?

Sometimes I don't know for sure - so I state things as an opinion.

Sometimes I know and can say so on the open board - so I do.

Sometimes I know but can't say so on the open board. 

You can likely infer which one this is.

Hurley has put 5 perimeter players in the NBA in 2 years, and tells a kid in a whirlwind courtship he can be in the NBA in 10 mos. I was all for him going to the best fit, but after the Adam's add I would take a hard pass. Proximity in this case should win out. 

46 minutes ago, 8bucks said:

Murray was with Mack at L'ville before though and they did not have success.  Other than arriving at the same time they started having success there more to the story?

https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5397989/2024/04/08/uconn-offense-final-four-hurley/

This doesn't reference what I remember seeing about them looking at EURO teams and adapting a version of the free-flowing offense they ran into the system they decided on.

I absolutely want Mullins. It would be upsetting if IU were to lose an in-state recruit they have been in on since he was a Sophomore, maybe even earlier, to a school that really started working on him last winter/spring. 

That being said...buddy of mine at work that is an IU fan asked me this: would you rather have Mullins or the P12 FOY. Or Mullins vs. Carlyle. My answer was why not both? I personally think Mullins is a day one starter wherever he goes and would fit well here. That being said I'm really interested to see how this season goes. IF IU has a ton of success with Rice, Carlyle, Ballo, Goode I am not going to be devestated over losing a recruit, especially with portal success. Maybe IU can land the top guard in the portal next spring? 

This is certainly new territory for college sports as well as us as IU fans. I remember a lot of the media and even myself thinking there was no way IU could add enough in the portal to be competitive this year. On paper (that's all we have right now) Indiana SHOULD be among the top teams in the B1G and a team that is capable of making a run in the tournament. We will see how that goes. 

I don't buy yet that he's going to UConn. Let's wait and see. If he does, I get it. Back to Back National Champs. They've won 12 NCAA Tournament games in the last two years, IU has won one. Indiana HAS to start winning and doing that now. It's the same thing I said a year about about losing Fland to UK and McNeeley to UConn. 

Sometimes I don't know for sure - so I state things as an opinion.
Sometimes I know and can say so on the open board - so I do.
Sometimes I know but can't say so on the open board. 
You can likely infer which one this is.

Seems a bit cryptic. I know what I know because I have a trusted source who's usually on top of it. But, to each their own.

2 minutes ago, Schreckbagger said:

Seems a bit cryptic. I know what I know because I have a trusted source who's usually on top of it. But, to each their own.

I'm guessing being a mod you can check people out a little closer than we can. So I'm guessing that Stu is not guessing when he says that BR is a Mullins

2 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

I'm guessing being a mod you can check people out a little closer than we can. So I'm guessing that Stu is not guessing when he says that BR is a Mullins

For instance, I can confirm that @Chris007 is actually a cousin of both Sean Connery and Roger Moore. But I've said too much  ;)

I'm guessing the longest tenured member of the IU basketball staff is probably a better source than a 3rd cousin of some recruit. But that's just me.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Of those three kids one was the influencer and in my eyes a really impressive young man and vocal leader. So while this is not a done deal and Mullins wasn’t interested in a Jasper Johnson UK team, when his big man very close friend eliminated IU, it opened Mullins’ eyes to other options, and one of those options is the two time defending national champion.

I think you are reading into things way too much.  I think anyone who thought they were ever a package deal was off base.