Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Barrel Rick

(2025) SG - Braylon Mullins

19 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Wonder what would affect his comort level with IU's staff ... 

Is he not terribly fond of Woody & staff to begin with? 

Does he like Woody & staff, but worries they won't be around for more than a couple years? 

I am sure other coaches is using Woodson's job status in their recruiting pitch.

8 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

I am sure other coaches is using Woodson's job status in their recruiting pitch.

100%. And it's not necessarily from a coaching acumen standpoint; it can also be done from an age standpoint.

13 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

3 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

100%. And it's not necessarily from a coaching acumen standpoint; it can also be done from an age standpoint.

But how much is that a real factor anymore? 

If you don't like your situation after a year -- or the situation at your school changes -- just transfer.

Everybody's doing it! It's the latest thing ... LOL!

15 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

But how much is that a real factor anymore? 

If you don't like your situation after a year -- or the situation at your school changes -- just transfer.

Everybody's doing it! It's the latest thing ... LOL!

That would be the counter in the minds of the Mullins'

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

That would be the counter in the minds of the Mullins'

I’d like to imagine Barrel Rick is reminding Braylon he’ll have the option to transfer after a season if things aren’t going how he wants… if he grew up a fan of IU, may as well live the dream for a year. Barring the NBA calling or a coaching change / extraordinary personal circumstances, I’d be willing to bet that if he does make it to campus as a freshman he won’t want to play for another school. Hard not to love Bloomington, especially as a star student athlete, safe to assume. Let’s seal the deal Barrel! Lol

I don't think there is a prognosticator out there that sees him going anywhere other than IU. Carlyle, Rice, Tucker, Cupps, Newton, Haralson and Mullins. Petty impressive 1-3 depth. 

From all accounts the recruits that come in all love Woody btw. 

6 minutes ago, BA47591 said:

I don't think there is a prognosticator out there that sees him going anywhere other than IU. Carlyle, Rice, Tucker, Cupps, Newton, Haralson and Mullins. Petty impressive 1-3 depth. 

From all accounts the recruits that come in all love Woody btw. 

That group will never be on the same roster 

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

That group will never be on the same roster 

There are a lot of scenarios where I agree. I think Rice is only going to be here for one year and I question Newtons health. What are your thoughts? 

32 minutes ago, BA47591 said:

There are a lot of scenarios where I agree. I think Rice is only going to be here for one year and I question Newtons health. What are your thoughts? 

Well IU is selling to Haralson and Mullins that they’ll be able to step in and replace Rice and Carlyle. IU coaches believe they’ll get drafted. So basically if those guys don’t produce to that level then IU will likely underachieve and honestly I don’t want to have that conversation of what will happen then. I personally believe that at a minimum one of those 2 are gone. As for Newton he’s a wildcard that I don’t think gets much time even if he is healthy. That said he is a true wildcard so who knows.

26 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Well IU is selling to Haralson and Mullins that they’ll be able to step in and replace Rice and Carlyle. IU coaches believe they’ll get drafted. So basically if those guys don’t produce to that level then IU will likely underachieve and honestly I don’t want to have that conversation of what will happen then. I personally believe that at a minimum one of those 2 are gone. As for Newton he’s a wildcard that I don’t think gets much time even if he is healthy. That said he is a true wildcard so who knows.

Reibe moving up his visit 2 weeks, joining BM and TS, seems like something might be brewing. Or maybe it's just a coincidence. lol

1 minute ago, J34 said:

Reibe moving up his visit 2 weeks, joining BM and TS, seems like something might be brewing. Or maybe it's just a coincidence. lol

There’s a lot going on with that one right now. 

1 hour ago, ap2345 said:

It seems like the winds out of Greenfield have shifted within the last 24 hours. Hopefully they stay that direction for the next few weeks.

Shifted?  Hasn’t IU been considered the leader the whole time?   Hurley was in town today, I’m assuming to counter IU’s visit/NIL

14 minutes ago, 94Bulldog said:

Shifted?  Hasn’t IU been considered the leader the whole time?   Hurley was in town today, I’m assuming to counter IU’s visit/NIL

That’s a good question. Some people said IU was the leader, some said UK, and some said UCONN the last few weeks. I’ve heard all 3 from people close to Mullins. It was perceived to be IU up until about a month ago and then it shifted around the time of the UCONN visit. Today though it sounds like things shifted back.

4 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

That’s a good question. Some people said IU was the leader, some said UK, and some said UCONN the last few weeks. I’ve heard all 3 from people close to Mullins. It was perceived to be IU up until about a month ago and then it shifted around the time of the UCONN visit. Today though it sounds like things shifted back.

Any thoughts as to why it shifted back?

2 minutes ago, ap2345 said:

Some things that went down yesterday. I’ve got a hunch it’s NIL related but that might only be part of it. 

Any idea if Hurley’s visit today already planned or due to the shifting winds yesterday.  

I mean I want Haralson and Mullins as bad as anyone, but in today’s game starting multiple freshman even if very good is just not a winning strategy. I’m concerned the staff is trying to save some NIL cash and put it towards freshman over transfers and in the long run I just don’t think that’s a winning strategy. Kentucky and Duke have proven recently stacking tons of great freshman without great coaching and enough veteran skill just isn’t it.

I’m mixed on what I want because I do really want these guys, but…….

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app