Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Lebowski

IUFB: No Divisional Format Starting 2024

53 minutes ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

I mean, we are the bad teams, technically. 

There is no technically about it, we are the bad team.

3 hours ago, Rico said:

Did you want to add bad teams?

Fans wanted to move away from the divisional format but I don’t see us being better off. The conference added some really good programs so I don’t  see more wins for IU.

4 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Fans wanted to move away from the divisional format but I don’t see us being better off. The conference added some really good programs so I don’t  see more wins for IU.

Welp... then we need to get a helluva lot better at football.

8 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

image.png

We sure love that FIU matchup. You could convince me they're a B1G team.

Opening B1G season in the Rose Bowl? Hell yes.

Replace Louisville with a horrendous WIU team? HELL. YES.

October 26th thru November 23rd? OH. NO.

Five B1G home games and four B1G road games does not compute.

Eight home games! Wow, that's a lot. Another carrot for Dolson to hang during his interview process.

I counted 3 wins for sure and depending on who's the coach next year, it could confidently be 5 wins with a couple more toss up games. 

Not seeing PSU feels like a break until you see Washington. Lol. 

The 2025 season looks way more promising. No UM, O$U, Washington, or SC on the schedule. 

https://bigten.org/news/2023/10/4/big-ten-conference-announces-future-football-schedule-formats-for-2024-28.aspx

24 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

image.png

Tough sledding for a new coach. Maybe Harbaugh jumps ship to the NFL and Meatchicken bring back Rich Rod. ;)

3 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

Tough sledding for a new coach. Maybe Harbaugh jumps ship to the NFL and Meatchicken bring back Rich Rod. ;)

Ask a Sparty fan and we'll be replacing that tough Michigan game with an Urban-led Spartan team on the road.

3 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

Eight home games! Wow, that's a lot. Another carrot for Dolson to hang during his interview process.

I counted 3 wins for sure and depending on who's the coach next year, it could confidently be 5 wins with a couple more toss up games. 

Not seeing PSU feels like a break until you see Washington. Lol. 

Tom Allen is taking this to Dolson and saying "3 wins, see progress". Allen's agent is feeling pretty confident after the way he took Dolson behind the woodshed on this contract and is pushing for a lifetime extension.

5 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

image.png

Charlotte also sucks, and Florida International has never cared about athletics.  So, that's three cupcake games.

Though, I absolutely hate that stretch between Washington and Ohio State.

23 hours ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

What I see here is that we are all getting our wish. Kalen DeBoer will coach on the sidelines of Memorial Stadium next season. We just happen to be getting that wish in the most IU football way possible. 

Its crazy cause its not even 20/20 hindsight stuff. People legitamitely wanted DeBoer tobe the head coach after the 2020 year. It was never gonna happen, cause LEO and CTA wasn't gonna get pushed out after the best year in my lifetime. But there were fans who wanted DeBoer

Hindsight of course:  DeBoer as head coach and some how T.A. as defensive coordinator and keeping Penix and some other key players that didn’t come to IU recently and those who left stayed was probably the IU pleasant dream that has turned nightmarish…