Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Rutgers - Saturday, 12/3/22 @ 4:00 on BTN

As I predicted prior to the season, this team still has way too many flaws. 

Woodson’s offense is simply way too questionable in 2022. The inability to find ways to get TJD involved is puzzling on the P5 level. 

At least he uses his timeouts. Race is completely lost this season so far. 

This seemed so typical of recent vintage teams. No shame losing to a good team on the road. Rutgers is a nice team, but not NEARLY as good as IU made them look. IU looked disinterested other than a couple of brief spurts. TJD, XJ everyone but Kopp really were an embarrassment today. Consider my expectations considerably lowered for this season and prepared for another middle of the conference finish and a #7 seed. 

1 minute ago, Trish said:

Woodson’s offense is simply way too questionable in 2022. The inability to find ways to get TJD involved is puzzling on the P5 level. 

I’m not sure I get this complaint. He’s being triple teamed. We’re getting open shots. We’re just not very skilled. We can’tshoot. 

2 minutes ago, str8baller said:

I’m not sure I get this complaint. He’s being triple teamed. We’re getting open shots. We’re just not very skilled. We can’tshoot. 

Having TJD go straight to the block wasn’t working in the first half. Why can’t TJD get some screen action like we just saw in the last possession from Johnson? Get a ball screen in the middle of the floor. There’s hardly any off ball screens when TJD has the ball or when he doesn’t have the basketball. 

4 minutes ago, str8baller said:

He’s getting triple teamed because we don’t have other scoring options. No one’s really a threat behind the arc so they can sag into the paint.