Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB @ Rutgers - Saturday, 12/3/22 @ 4:00 on BTN

Bottom line is this team will not win with both X and TJD not providing offense. You can win with just one of them but someone else has to show up (Kopp yesterday). Had TJD came out and got his normal 21 and 9 then this game could have been won. Or if X gets 18-6-5-0or1 then this game could have been won. They both crapped the bed and when that happens IU will lose.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

IU's offensive output of 48 points ranks as T-3rd fewest points by a top 10 team. Yuck

Yeah it was bad. Wasn’t excusing, was just clarifying that this group has had a few pathetic offensive outputs on this level

25 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Yeah it was bad. Wasn’t excusing, was just clarifying that this group has had a few pathetic offensive outputs on this level

Didn't think you were, it's disgusting. That's with 4 senior+ players who've started the majority of their careers.

13 hours ago, coonhounds said:

I was and still hoping for a top 25 and a 5 seed or higher. Tea 8m that played today could be 8 or 9 seed

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

I just can't believe how many people jump ship after 1 loss.  Every team in the country will have bad games and lose games but nobody here looks at that. It seems like some people on here don't look at that fact when they look at our losses.

5 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I just can't believe how many people jump ship after 1 loss.  Every team in the country will have bad games and lose games but nobody here looks at that. It seems like some people on here don't look at that fact when they look at our losses.

He said he was still hoping for a 5 seed and a top 25 team. How is that jumping ship?

I mean he is right, if the team consistently plays like it did today it won’t be pretty. I think that’s pretty clear, but he didn’t say he thought it was going to happen 

4 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

For me, I'm just tired of getting bullied by the same teams year after year. The Archie Miller teams were soft as sh*t, and when teams like Rutgers pushed them around, they just sat back and took it. I thought we were finally moving on from that and once again had a team whose toughness we could take pride in, then yesterday happened. It's like working tirelessly to house-train a new puppy and thinking you've finally done it, then you get up one morning and step in a puddle of urine. 

Just now, IUc2016 said:

He said he was still hoping for a 5 seed and a top 25 team. How is that jumping ship?

I mean he is right, if the team consistently plays like it did today it won’t be pretty. I think that’s pretty clear, but he didn’t say he thought it was going to happen 

He also mentioned us being being a 8 seed 

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

He said the team that played yesterday looked like an 8 or 9 seed. Is he wrong? 

I honestly think that’s generous. 

I wasn't just meaning this one poster jumping ship and I just get tired of after losses people losing their minds. Not just saying this board but I only see certain posters post after losses and never see them when things are going good.

10 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

For me, I'm just tired of getting bullied by the same teams year after year. The Archie Miller teams were soft as sh*t, and when teams like Rutgers pushed them around, they just sat back and took it. I thought we were finally moving on from that and once again had a team whose toughness we could take pride in, then yesterday happened. It's like working tirelessly to house-train a new puppy and thinking you've finally done it, then you get up one morning and step in a pile of sh*t

Fixed it for ya.

20 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

I guess I could learn to live with a record of 39-1.

Are we recruiting the right people to not be soft. I don't see Newton as soft, Gunn I don't think, others I am not sure about yet? We need people with an edge, I just hope we get there. X plays that way at times. Hope this was an anomaly but makes you think.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

42 minutes ago, IU Scott said:

It's the same issues year after year though.  Far too often we get punched in the mouth and instead of fighting back we just crawl into the corner.  I think that's part of what you're seeing, an alarming trend we've seen before, not just that debacle yesterday.

11 minutes ago, sweetpain said:

IU Scott said: We need people with an edge

Galloway has an edge and he missed everything he put up including free throws. The problem is shooting. Nobody on this team except for Miller Kopp can shoot.  IU needs to recruit shooters--that has been our principal liability for several years. Also, Woodson was out-coached. He never adjusted to what was happening in the game.

IU Scott said: We need people with an edge
Galloway has an edge and he missed everything he put up including free throws. The problem is shooting. Nobody on this team except for Miller Kopp can shoot.  IU needs to recruit shooters--that has been our principal liability for several years. Also, Woodson was out-coached. He never adjusted to what was happening in the game.
Is it a dream that we get someone with an edge that can shoot the sh** out of the ball?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

43 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

On the subject of shooting, is it too late to get Hulls on the Wisconsin 20 year plan? 

We needed Tom Coverdale yesterday.

51 minutes ago, JSHoosier said:

On the subject of shooting, is it too late to get Hulls on the Wisconsin 20 year plan? 

I watched Gabe Cupps game on TV last night and I think he has that edge.  He had 25/6/5 last night against Cathedral and looked very good. On the other hand Booker for Cathedral was pretty invisible last night and plays pretty soft.