Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

IUFB 2022 Season Thread

Sorry if I missed it...

I have noticed the helmets they are using in camp are the same they used for the Cincy game last year. Are they going to be using those helmets and those unis this year? 

IMO those were straight fire. 

24 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Sorry if I missed it...

I have noticed the helmets they are using in camp are the same they used for the Cincy game last year. Are they going to be using those helmets and those unis this year? 

IMO those were straight fire. 

Unless they surprise us, I believe they're wearing the Cincy helmets with the normal jerseys which is going to look strange as hell. The Mallory helmets are great, the 2021 jerseys are (imo) great, but together it's going to look really weird.

4 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Unless they surprise us, I believe they're wearing the Cincy helmets with the normal jerseys which is going to look strange as hell. The Mallory helmets are great, the 2021 jerseys are (imo) great, but together it's going to look really weird.

Yes my hope was that it would be the full uniform from Cincy. That's a bummer if true 

2 hours ago, IUFootballEndlessMisery said:

I would be more optimistic this season if we had fired Darren Hiller, but because we still have him, I'm not at all hopeful that our quarterbacks will be protected and our running backs will be given much opportunities for big breaks.

Then... motion, shift, RPO, screen, trick plays, etc.. to counter act that. 

Deboer did it. 

We have to be consistently better on 1st down.  No more 2nd and 10+. 

1 hour ago, btownqb said:

Then... motion, shift, RPO, screen, trick plays, etc.. to counter act that. 

Deboer did it. 

We have to be consistently better on 1st down.  No more 2nd and 10+. 

I completely agree. That is why I didn’t want Sheridan back. Everyone seemed to know what the OL was, but he never stopped running up the middle almost every 1st down. 

This year they have some weapons on offense and major questions at QB. It seems like it is just a matter of getting the ball to your playmakers in space.

Just now, BeerBQ said:

I completely agree. That is why I didn’t want Sheridan back. Everyone seemed to know what the OL was, but he never stopped running up the middle almost every 1st down. 

This year they have some weapons on offense and major questions at QB. It seems like it is just a matter of getting the ball to your playmakers in space.

Bingo

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

Love it. A new OL coach won’t magically start winning you games but a competent OC will. Let’s hope Walt is that. 

27 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Love it. A new OL coach won’t magically start winning you games but a competent OC will. Let’s hope Walt is that. 

If our OL performs well this year Bell is soooo da man. And Sheridan is da devil.

5 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

I think you need a minimum of competent at both. Hiller may very well be the worst OL coach in FBS. He's just God awful. I don't care if we have the #1 offense in the country and it's clicking like we got Sudfeld, Latimer and Coleman back... Hiller needs fired and tossed across the country and kept far away. 

So about 2 weeks away. So let's just go ahead, get our hopes up. Deep down I know it's a 2-4 win season... But screw it! GONNA WIN.... 7.. no... 8!... No... 9 GAMES! 

Illinois

Idaho

Western Kentucky

AT Cincinnati

AT Nebraska 

Michigan

Maryland

AT Rutgers

Purdue

WOOOOO!!!!

Stewart Mandel of The Athletic has us going 2-10 and obviously 0'fer in the B1G. I don't think we're going to be on 2019 or 2020's level, but I really don't see that happening again this year.

My most reasonable prediction is the Bucket Game is a bowl play-in for us after beating one of Illinois/Nebraska, WKU, Idaho, Cincy (I think their ship has sailed), and one of Rutger/Maryland.

20 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Stewart Mandel of The Athletic has us going 2-10 and obviously 0'fer in the B1G. I don't think we're going to be on 2019 or 2020's level, but I really don't see that happening again this year.

My most reasonable prediction is the Bucket Game is a bowl play-in for us after beating one of Illinois/Nebraska, WKU, Idaho, Cincy (I think their ship has sailed), and one of Rutger/Maryland.

Because Scott Frost is on that other sideline. 

37 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Might be a bit of a miracle to beat Cincy on the road... But I guess crazy things have happened before. Beast Mizzou in the road.. but we also had a top 10 player in the nation... A great QB... An amazing offensive line...

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Might be a bit of a miracle to beat Cincy on the road... But I guess crazy things have happened before. Beast Mizzou in the road.. but we also had a top 10 player in the nation... A great QB... An amazing offensive line...

My prediction is based on them having like 4 or 5 guys drafted. I just assume they come back to earth, but I admittedly don’t know what they have coming back. 

10 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

My prediction is based on them having like 4 or 5 guys drafted. I just assume they come back to earth, but I admittedly don’t know what they have coming back. 

I imagine they are still pretty talented. Outside of Fickells first season, they've won 11, 11, 9 and 13 games. So they've been pretty good consistently.