Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

4 hours ago, Southside said:

I've been to 20+ IU FB games, 20+ PU games, and 20+ ND games in my life. My father had ND season tix to ND for years when I was a kid. I had IU and ND season tix for several years before moving south. My best friend is a PU grad, and I've taken him to my games, and he's taken me to his. If you think IU or PU has a better FB game day than ND, not sure what to tell you. 

6th best... lol. They played UGA to a one score game twice in the last 5 years, which is better than most. They got clobbered by Bama a few times, but so did every one else. 

But hey, the B10 is praying that the 6th best SEC teams joins the B10 lol..

And Cinci is a pretty dumb example too. They were undefeated last season. Beat IU at IU too. And Cinci almost knocked off UGA the year before. 

Bet you are great at parties lol

I am... which is why ND football is miserable lol... its a morgue. I've had IUFB season tix since birth, so your example did nothing for me. 

The tailgating was absolutely awful. South Bend is a complete poop hole.... and... it's cold af there. 

Honestly though..  ND might not even be the 6th best team in the sec.... 

I've been to 20+ IU FB games, 20+ PU games, and 20+ ND games in my life. My father had ND season tix to ND for years when I was a kid. I had IU and ND season tix for several years before moving south. My best friend is a PU grad, and I've taken him to my games, and he's taken me to his. If you think IU or PU has a better FB game day than ND, not sure what to tell you. 

6th best... lol. They played UGA to a one score game twice in the last 5 years, which is better than most. They got clobbered by Bama a few times, but so did every one else. 

But hey, the B10 is praying that the 6th best SEC teams joins the B10 lol..

And Cinci is a pretty dumb example too. They were undefeated last season. Beat IU at IU too. And Cinci almost knocked off UGA the year before. 

Child abuse. 

If the expansion is ongoing i think another package deal is likely 

Oregon - Washington. Makes sense for several reasons including helping USC - UCLA. 

Or Stanford - Cal. The academic side is compelling to me and a good fit in FB and bball

So i can’t see UNC happening as locked in a long term deal, but UNC - Duke? Talk about a bombshell 

32 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

If the expansion is ongoing i think another package deal is likely 

Oregon - Washington. Makes sense for several reasons including helping USC - UCLA. 

Or Stanford - Cal. The academic side is compelling to me and a good fit in FB and bball

So i can’t see UNC happening as locked in a long term deal, but UNC - Duke? Talk about a bombshell 

Unless the mega-conferences go to 24, I think Duke ends up in the Big East.

Notre Dame and Colorado would be my preference.  Adding them as opposed to some others would keep some semblance of the B1G Midwestern identity I don't want to lose amidst all this expansion.

Colorado would bridge the gigantic geographical gap between the LA schools and the rest of the B1G, while also adding a large media market.  Plus, lots of CU grads live in California so the B1G would get extra exposure there.

I've always wanted ND for basketball in the B1G.  Selfishly because I live in the South Bend area so I'd be able to go to a lot of conference games here, but also because I want ND to finally accept they're a Midwestern school.  They wish so bad they were on the East Coast with all the other stuffy elitists.

31 minutes ago, vemmeistars said:

I predict they’ll add notre dame, Oregon, Washington and Stanford.

I’d prefer they add notre dame/Stanford, and add nc/duke at when the acc gor isn’t an issue.

Why Stanford?

I keep seeing them get tossed around as possible additions, but I don't much value at all.

Basic analysis above is worth watching.

My personal reasons are:

Blend well with new entrants (usc,ucla, and probably nd joins)

Elite Academics and olympic sports fit with BIG

I’m anti Oregon since they don’t fit the academic profile well and may fall off a cliff ratings/relevance wise when Phil knight/Nike are gone. Washington is a good fit, I just want the option of hiring DeBoer if Allen continues iufb’s downward trajectory/awfulness.

5 hours ago, btownqb said:

I am... which is why ND football is miserable lol... its a morgue. I've had IUFB season tix since birth, so your example did nothing for me. 

The tailgating was absolutely awful. South Bend is a complete poop hole.... and... it's cold af there. 

Cold AF in south bend?… it’s a few degrees colder in South bend on avg than bloomington, literally a few degrees

There are very few schools in America that can even make an argument that they have better anything than ND when it comes to football.

1 minute ago, MikeRoberts said:

Cold AF in south bend?… it’s a few degrees colder in South bend on avg than bloomington, literally a few degrees

There are very few schools in America that can even make an argument that they have better anything than ND when it comes to football.

It's absolutely glorious watching them lose every bowl game. One of my favorite Jan traditions. 

Excellent video. If a 24 team mega conference happens and the B1G gets the 8 he predicts….. wow….

Based on his 8. Colorado would seem like the odd man out to me.

B1G doesn’t seem to care about middle America market.

You’d think they would like to get a 4 pack of Kansas, Colorado, Mizzou, Baylor/Utah/Arizona.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

I hate what a 24 team conference would do to Basketball. A 20 team conference makes sense scheduling wise and is better than the status quo. Iu would play Purdue twice and everyone else once.

The game example you gave, UVA, is like IU playing Idaho.

Not sure if UVA even scored a TD that game.

Cold there... Is Bloomington tropical lol. I live down south now. All of Indiana is considered cold my most. 

Child abuse. 

Like most large Catholic families in the inner city, we were fans of both Bobby and Lou growing up. As kids, we loved IU BB, but not sure we even knew IU had a FB team. 

And I've tailgated at both IU and ND for football since HS in the late 80s. There simply is no comparison. 

My early years at college in Bloomington were fun FB wise. At least we tied OSU and beat PU either my frosh or soph year. The next year we lost to all the good teams, including getting destroyed by ND early season... 

Just read an article on conf expansion. Geared around most valuable FB programs (2019 Forbes list).

From Forbes, the most valuable FB programs not currently in the SEC or B10, are...

Clemson, WA,  FSU, and OR. 

So not shocked OR and WA were already trying to get in line....