Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Been talked about several times in different threads but I found what I think is a pretty good explanation for what OE is and how it's going to operate so thought it worth its own thread.

https://hoopseen.com/national/news/special/202109/overtime-elite-roster-set-whats-next

40 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Been talked about several times in different threads but I found what I think is a pretty good explanation for what OE is and how it's going to operate so thought it worth its own thread.

https://hoopseen.com/national/news/special/202109/overtime-elite-roster-set-whats-next

I'm not usually one to mock an 18 year old's name, but there's gotta be a helluva story behind the name of Overtime Elite player "LeBron Lopez from the Philippines."

On 10/19/2023 at 10:15 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I share the various complaints about adidas’ IU apparel deal common among fans, but this will be a good thing if IU stays with them.

Now, if the long-rumored Nike HS league comes along, and IU switches, it’s probably a wash or better.

1 hour ago, lillurk said:

I share the various complaints about adidas’ IU apparel deal common among fans, but this will be a good thing if IU stays with them.

Now, if the long-rumored Nike HS league comes along, and IU switches, it’s probably a wash or better.

Sketchers is bringing out a basketball department I think. Even they could out better apparel than Adidas. Adidas is just an embarrassment.

6 minutes ago, kreigh8 said:

If IU moves on from adidas for Sketchers rather than Nike or Jordan Brand, that'd be disappointing

Well same. I'm just saying, Adidas sucks. Like bad. Nike would be the best thing to go with... But I wouldn't mind seeing Indiana be a legitimate trail blazer and go off the grid with some like Puma or New Balance. Reebok is even bringing back their basketball business with Shaq and Iverson. That could be sweet.