Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2023) - C Xavier Booker to Michigan State

56 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Duke is likely no longer recruiting him 

And UK hasn’t offered, which tells me other targets are higher priority.

Whether he knows it or not, he’s not a fit in Calipari’s system. (Thus other targets are UK priorities.) I still assume they’ll have their chance if they want it.

51 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

This is not the list of a top 5 recruit.  

That was my first thought when I saw the list. Certainly not a normal lousy for a top 5 player at any position but certainly not one for a top 5 big. I had flashbacks to Lander's list which was not impressive for a 5* player. This case is a bit different with Duke and Kansas at least offering but I don't think they recruited him hard.

I'm still not sold on him so I won't be very disappointed if he goes elsewhere. He's killing it in AAU games but still didn't have super impressive numbers this past HS season - which a 5* 6'11" who has range should be able to easily do. 

On 7/25/2022 at 2:33 PM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

On potential he 100% percent is a one and done talent.  On production, meh, not nearly as likely.  He has been dominant in the circuit since the HS season with the free flowing offense of AAU type basketball.    I don't think it will translate into a Jabari Smith type year IMO.  But the scouts will love that he is the next Kevin Durant type player/frame/skillset.  

Is that true?  Has he really been compared to Durant??   This kid isn't even close to Jaren Jackson, let alone Durant.   Lots of hype, some obvious potential; but jeesh??  Kevin Durant??     No.  Not even a relevant comparison except for the way they are physically built.   I'm built like Quentin Nelson.  But......

4 hours ago, Old Friend said:

Is that true?  Has he really been compared to Durant??   This kid isn't even close to Jaren Jackson, let alone Durant.   Lots of hype, some obvious potential; but jeesh??  Kevin Durant??     No.  Not even a relevant comparison except for the way they are physically built.   I'm built like Quentin Nelson.  But......

No, I’m saying he’s long and lanky, athletic, has soft hands and can shoot it. The scouts are naturally going to try to pigeon hole guys like that as the next KD.   He’s had some REALLY impressive performances and some so-so stuff. Many have questioned his motor. I don’t think anyone actually believes he’s a KD but he’s got a similar physique and skill set.  

18 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Xavier Booker's family should also be aware that the speculation by fans is because fans care about what happens. The fact that fans care a lot? That is the foundation of all of the love, adulation, fame, and NIL/pro development associated with big time college basketball.

Family back-and-forthing with fans that speculate is a losing battle and almost never a good idea, even when family doesn't like what some fans say.

This. Right. Here.