Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

Ooooook who’s your # 2?

No mid-major coaches. No assistant coaches. Here’s a list. I tried to avoid any home runs that are basically impossible gets (Bennett/Wright, for example).

Scott Drew

Eric Musselman

Chris Beard

Nate Oats

Chris Mack

Thad Matta

John Beilein

Seven coaches. None of them are impossible gets. Some would be tougher than others, but all are in the realm of possibility. Open up the check book and land one of them. If we can’t do that then we’re in big trouble and it won’t really matter who we get. 

Give it up Treesh.
Do you really think waiting one year, five years, or 25 years will all of the sudden make Brad Stevens or Billy Donovan want to coach at IU? If you do, tell me what will be different next March.
We need a coach...now.
Yes and one more year of archie would have been a disaster for indiana basketball.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

To me you go all out on our dream coaches then go down a tier:

Tier 1: Brad Stevens, Billy Donovan, Jay Wright, Tony Bennett, Mark Few, Bill Self

Tier 2: Chris Beard, Nate Oates, Scott Drew, Eric Musselman, Mike White, Andy Enfield, Mick Cronin, Mike Boynton, Porter Moser, Chris Mack 

Tier 3: Thad Matta, John Beilein, Rick Pitino, Steve Alford, Steve Lavin, Mark Pope, Dane Fife, Calbert Cheaney, Scott Skikes, Mike Woodson

I like this list but feel like Matta's a proven 2 and is still young. His track record is very strong. Do you think Self could get away with the same crap he does at Kansas in Bloomington? The wind blows wrong and we're in trouble. His kids show up in Lambo/Ferrari/whatever luxury sportscar it was and nada.

Just now, Hoosierfan2017 said:

No mid-major coaches. No assistant coaches. Here’s a list.

Scott Drew

Eric Musselman

Chris Beard

Nate Oats

Chris Mack

Thad Matta

John Beilein

Seven coaches. None of them are impossible gets. Some would be tougher than others, but all are in the realm of possibility. Open up the check book and land one of them. If we can’t do that then we’re in big trouble and it won’t really matter who we get. 

For me, take away Chris Mack and replace with Mike White from Florida

Just now, coonhounds said:

Yes and one more year of archie would have been a disaster for indiana basketball.

Could’ve fired Archie after the third game and name an interim. 

Research and back channel for an entire season. Boom! Maybe Scott did that this time but some coaches would probably not like that with a head coach already in place..

2 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

No mid-major coaches. No assistant coaches. Here’s a list.

Scott Drew

Eric Musselman

Chris Beard

Nate Oats

Chris Mack

Thad Matta

John Beilein

I think one of those names is legit possible. The others? Not so much. 

Just now, IU-DL said:

I like this list but feel like Matta's a proven 2 and is still young. His track record is very strong. Do you think Self could get away with the same crap he does at Kansas in Bloomington? The wind blows wrong and we're in trouble. His kids show up in Lambo/Ferrari/whatever luxury sportscar it was and nada.

I agree with you.....I think hiring Matta makes sense, but was just trying to take the "feel of this room".  No one has a better winning percentage than Matta (.740) except for Mark Few (.834), hell even Pitino is only (.702), Musselman (.705), Tony Bennett (.728), Chris Beard (.711), Matt Painter as a companion is (.661)

Could’ve fired Archie after the third game and name an interim. 

Research and back channel for an entire season. Boom! Maybe Scott did that this time but some coaches would probably not like that with a head coach already in place..
I am not sure what he did or had done but will wait till a decision is made before I start complaining. Hopefully dolson has a good coach in mind but we don't know what is really going on so we have to wait

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

That’s not much, eh?

I think John is the most realistic from that list. I think he could be our next coach. Although I’m hearing he’s been having some health issues or memory issues? 

Could explain the erratic decision of leaving Michigan and having a meltdown with the Cavs. I don’t know. Scott will have to see how his health is in multiple interviews. 

35 minutes ago, NVFalcons1990 said:

Why 2025...he's only 53?  Look at his Wikipedia and tell me he isn't a winner.  His winning percentage is .740 and that includes his last 2 years where he could barely stand or walk. 

Rumor is he is healthy now after his last back surgery. I will take a coach with Indiana ties with a .740 winning % all day long!

His health would be his biggest question mark. Otherwise, he produced great results at several stops and lord knows he recruited Indiana strong!