Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Tyler Harris, Portland freshman forward, enters.  6'7", averaged 12.1 points and 7.3 reb.  36% shooter from three.

Tafara Gapare from Georgia Tech commits to Maryland.  Have no idea why Maryland would have thought this was a good commit -- went to U Mass as a fresham, Georgia Tech as a sophomore.  In two seasons is 86 of 252 from the field (33%) and 22 of 104 from three (21%).  Nothing really sticks out about him.

In the part of the portal now where more players commit to new teams than enter.  14 commitments today, 10 entries.

8 hours ago, monskisprodigy said:

Duke losing 7 guys to the transfer portal this offseason was not on my bingo card...they have like 3 returning players from last years team at this point. 

Transfer portal is WILD!

just 2 returning players in Tyrese Proctor and Caleb Foster. Pretty good recruiting class coming in and have crystal balls for Mason Gillis from Purdue and Maliq Brown from Syracuse. Will be interesting to see how the roster finalizes.

Micah Parrish of San Diego State commits to Ohio State.  6'6" G/F.  9.3 points and 4.1 rebounds in 27.5 minutes/game.  Career 43/33/76 shooter.  Probably going to start seeing a lot more of this type of commitments now that most of the big dogs have committed.

Don't think he's been mentioned, but Utah's Deivon Smith is in the portal.   Previously played at Mississippi State and Georgia Tech.  Had a great year seemingly out of nowhere this past season:  13.3 points, 6.3 rebounds, and 7.1 assists.  Over 6 rebounds/game is amazing because he's only 6 foot tall.  Low volume three shooter but made 29 of 71 (41%) last year after being under 30% for each of his first three years.

4 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Gillis potentially to Duke just seems odd

Yes, it’s hard to imagine him being in a different uniform other than Turdue!  If he were to commit to Duke, I bet he still wears his Turdue underwear, lol

4 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

Gillis potentially to Duke just seems odd

Would love to see the look on Cooper Flagg’s face the 1st time he tries to post Gillis in some June pick up game and catches 1 of those surgically accurate Purdue elbows right in his kidney as Gillis is flopping and calling him for an offensive foul. 

Michigan: 

Out:  Dug McDaniel (Kansas State)

Tarris Reed (U Conn)

Yhoussat Khayat (Bowling Green)

Terrance Williams

Tray Jackson (graduated)

Jaelin Llweylen (graduated)

Oliver Nkamhoa (graduated)

In:     Danny Wolf (Yale)

Rubin Jones (North Texas)

Justin Pippen (6'3" guard, son of Scottie Pippen, ranked 62nd in 2024 class)

May still has quite a bit of work, even assuming that Goldin commits. Johnell Daniels seems to be a must get. 

@Uspshoosier I know how much you watch college bball -- what are your thoughts on VCU's Toibu Lawal?  I see a guy who is athletic as anyone in college bball and while he's very raw and more athlete than player right now, the strides he made from freshman year to sophomore year were impressive.  Might not be an IU fit, but I think someone could get a steal.

1 hour ago, RoadRage said:

Well, he will get playing time at BSU, so it will be interesting to see how he does. 

And if two years from now he's filling it up, I am more than fine saying I'm wrong! 

56 minutes ago, Muskie for three said:

Local buzz is Joey got bigger and stronger while at UK and worked on his shot. Bsu is supposed to be pit stop. 

Good fill it up.