Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

20 hours ago, craigyv88 said:

It's crazy how much under the radar talent was in state just from the 2016-20 classes.  Desmond Bane, Jake Laravia, and Craig Porter Jr are all active roster NBA players, not to mention Sean East and others still in college I'm likely forgetting.  Could probably also throw Nijel Pack in as he wasn't offered by IU, PU, or ND despite being a 4-star.

Porter matured at vu and wsu . No way was ready mentally  straight out of high school . Honestly kinda a feel good story how well he has done . DB greatest miss by in state teams ever . But playing at a super small  1a will get those results . Johnell Davis another example of that .

23 hours ago, IUGRAD06 said:

It’s his system.  McNeeley if Woodson stays will play the three and will be abused offensively and defensively.  He is a college four.  He won’t be able to guard the three and he will not be utilized to his strengths as a three other than standing around like Woodson has done for the most part here.  

McNeeley is not a college 4.  He’s 6’6” 185.  Mgbako is a college 4.

1 hour ago, Muskie for three said:

Porter matured at vu and wsu . No way was ready mentally  straight out of high school . Honestly kinda a feel good story how well he has done . DB greatest miss by in state teams ever . But playing at a super small  1a will get those results . Johnell Davis another example of that .

Agree, Porter took most of his college career to become what he has, Sean East to an extent as well. I do recall Mike Roberts going to watch Porter at VU once in early 2020 but I think that was about the extent of any connection he had with IU.  Either way it's cool to see him get a team deal with the Cavs, I'm happy for him.

2 hours ago, craigyv88 said:

Agree, Porter took most of his college career to become what he has, Sean East to an extent as well. I do recall Mike Roberts going to watch Porter at VU once in early 2020 but I think that was about the extent of any connection he had with IU.  Either way it's cool to see him get a team deal with the Cavs, I'm happy for him.

Definitely cool to see him get a deal . Kid grew up, changed somethings and got rewarded. 

2 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

UConn fans are starting a petition for Cam Spencer to get one more year because he only played 5 games during the COVID year then got injured. They apparently denied his request, not sure how the appeals process goes. I don't want to see that kid playing CBB next year.

I tell ya I’d kill to have a kid with his maturity and skills. He’s been fun to watch at UConn 

2 minutes ago, Home Jersey said:

UConn fans are starting a petition for Cam Spencer to get one more year because he only played 5 games during the COVID year then got injured. They apparently denied his request, not sure how the appeals process goes. I don't want to see that kid playing CBB next year.

The NCAA has been very stringent on that item.  Trey Woodbury played in only 2 games that year at Utah Valley and was denied an additional season (he hit the portal this past season and transferred to Mississippi but was never given clearance).  The extra year was granted specifically for the 2021-22 season.  

10 minutes ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Good player. Had a big game against Indiana St in the fall.  Will have a great offer list.

On 2/26/2024 at 3:15 PM, LamarCheeks said:

I can see it now ... 

Next year (assuming no move is made on CMW), after we hit a rough patch ... 

"We really thought Trey was coming back for a fifth year. We were blindsighted by his decision to transfer. You lose a solid, experienced guard like that -- it's almost like starting over. That's left us with a really young group and I'm trying like heck to get them over the hump ... " 

And after dropping all of our marquee nonconference games next season:

"Honestly man, we had no idea Xavier Johnson would graduate. Totally blindsided us that he had been in college for 6 years. To lose his production and experience so suddenly and unexpectedly was devastating."

"That's why I'd like to introduce my new Director of Player Eligibility, Mr. Kenny Payne."

11 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Harvard big man Justice Ajogbor has entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer.  Former four-star recruit that averaged 8.4 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.9 blocks this season.

Harvard has 2 kids that would be really interesting portal options, unfortunately this is neither of them, at least for IU.

29 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Harvard big man Justice Ajogbor has entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer.  Former four-star recruit that averaged 8.4 points, 6.5 rebounds and 2.9 blocks this season.

A big? Mike Woodson is intrigued.

1 hour ago, realTomCrean said:

Harvard PG Mack has to get IU offer. Kids incredible

take him and the big mentioned above, call ourselves the Harvard Hoosiers

Malik Mack is not in the portal, but if he was IU (and others) will throw the full bank account at him; his addition would completely change the team's ceiling 

8 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Malik Mack is not in the portal, but if he was IU (and others) will throw the full bank account at him; his addition would completely change the team's ceiling 

IU should be doing to Mack, what supposedly other schools have doing to our guys, reaching out to them, even though they aren’t in the portal.  Let Mack know we could throw a Brinks truck at him.