Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IUc2016

NCAA MBB Transfer Portal

Booker is exactly what we need if all he does is stand around the 3 on offense. I'm sure that's exaggerated and he would also be perfectly fine in lobs too. We need a stretch 5 on O and rim protector on D. Sign him up!

1 minute ago, Ngw7183 said:

True but they were productive at a lower level. That is usually what works. Not guy who is at same level and not productive. 

Those are all the stars right now. 

We have so many perimeter holes right now that you're going to need at least 3 guards. We still need shooters. Luke Goode can play 20-25 mpg scoring 7-8 ppg playing in front of friends and family every night while getting paid handsomely to do so. I see zero downside bringing on a player like Luke Goode. Would probably help in the recruitment of Jalen Blackmon considering they were Indy Heat teammates. 

1 minute ago, Hoosier2014 said:

Booker is exactly what we need if all he does is stand around the 3 on offense. I'm sure that's exaggerated and he would also be perfectly fine in lobs too. We need a stretch 5 on O and rim protector on D. Sign him up!

Booker needs a lot more work than Kel'el Ware. Ware played well when he actually saw the floor last season, he was simply behind two upperclassmen former 5* centers. Not sure Woodson can afford to play Booker 25 minutes a game next year while still developing. 

4 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

We have so many perimeter holes right now that you're going to need at least 3 guards. We still need shooters. Luke Goode can play 20-25 mpg scoring 7-8 ppg playing in front of friends and family every night while getting paid handsomely to do so. I see zero downside bringing on a player like Luke Goode. Would probably help in the recruitment of Jalen Blackmon considering they were Indy Heat teammates. 

Why would he leave IL?  

Guys are just dreaming about dudes not even declared yet.  Still have a week plus fellas.  

2 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

I wonder if Malik or Mgbako would do this as well jump in the portal right after the season is over.  Or will they both go through the draft process and go from there.  I'm really curious of what these two will do going forward. 

I get the sense that Reneau is back next year unless he gets an offer elsewhere too good to be true. Mgbako much more likely to test the waters.

11 minutes ago, Golfman25 said:

Why would he leave IL?  

He went through senior night as a junior after graduating in 3 years. The expectation is that he is hitting the portal. 

And yeah just about every name mentioned on here technically isn't in the portal. We really think Jalen Blackmon going to play his last year at Stetson? 

1 hour ago, OKHOOSIER said:

Is Jalen Blackmon a possibility, don’t know much about his game other than the measurables and shooting splits are impressive. 38% 3PT and 91% FT on decent attempts. On paper it looks like he’s getting to the rim and shooting it well outside. 

Don't worry, we can fix his free throw shooting.  :)

16 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

Booker needs a lot more work than Kel'el Ware. Ware played well when he actually saw the floor last season, he was simply behind two upperclassmen former 5* centers. Not sure Woodson can afford to play Booker 25 minutes a game next year while still developing. 

Per 40 freshman year stats:

PPG:

• Ware 16.8
  • Booker 16.9

Rebounds:

• Ware 10.3
  • Booker 7.3

Shooting:

• Ware 53% fg, 27% 3pt, 71%ft
  • Booker 60% fg, 35% 3pt, 64%ft

Blocks

• Ware 3.3
  • Booker 2.4

Not so different at all.

19 minutes ago, Hoosier DaDa said:

I wonder if Malik or Mgbako would do this as well jump in the portal right after the season is over.  Or will they both go through the draft process and go from there.  I'm really curious of what these two will do going forward. 

Don't panic if guys enter the portal, they may just be trying to determine their value.  Many will enter the portal and return to their current schools.  

16 minutes ago, AH1971 said:

He went through senior night as a junior after graduating in 3 years. The expectation is that he is hitting the portal. 

And yeah just about every name mentioned on here technically isn't in the portal. We really think Jalen Blackmon going to play his last year at Stetson? 

Yeah, I am not 100% sure "Senior" nights mean anything anymore.   

As to Blackmon, probably not as he could be looking to take a step up in competition.  But that's a risk as well.  

I like the idea of booker, but there will likely be better players in the portal. No to essigian and Goode. 

if we’re going to be a portal team we have to reach for the stars.

Blackmon off the bench, sure. Thornton and pope as our starting guards(examples). That’s the level of player we should be trying to get.

5 hours ago, HoosierHuddle said:

I certainly think he's going to transfer but I don't know why IU would be remotely interested. He was darn near unplayable for the Badgers in the past two months. He's shooting below 30% from 3 and does not appear to offer much of anything positive right now. Could a change of scenery help him? Absolutely. Do I think there will be many, many better options that would be attainable for IU? I do (but that's a hope...I hope really good players are willing to take the big NIL check and the playing time available at IU).

A P5 is going to take a chance on him because of 2022-23 instead of 2023-24.  

21 minutes ago, Hoosierfanyuh said:

I like the idea of booker, but there will likely be better players in the portal. No to essigian and Goode. 

if we’re going to be a portal team we have to reach for the stars.

Blackmon off the bench, sure. Thornton and pope as our starting guards(examples). That’s the level of player we should be trying to get.

Other than Ware, Woodson has had zero luck "reaching for the stars."  That's why his portal only strategy is bound to fail miserably.  A: you have to hope enough "stars" enter the portal.  B: you have to be able to sell them vs. the other dozen or so programs looking at "stars."   As I stated before, only a handful of the best programs manage to get 2-3 of the top 50 or so players any one year.  We are looking for what, 3-5.  Unfortunately, past performance may very well be an indicator of future results. 

Let's have fun dreaming about it the next several weeks, but don't get your hopes up.  Of course take it with a grain of salt, as I am not a true fan.  :)    

6 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

A P5 is going to take a chance on him because of 2022-23 instead of 2023-24.  

Imo, a P5 school might take a chance on Essegian as a reserve.  If Essegian wants to start or heavy minutes, he will most likely need to move to a lower level.  ISU or Valpo might be a good fit.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Dusan Neskovic 6’8” 205 Guard Dartmouth 2 Years of Eligibility Remaining.   2023-24 Stats (23 Games): 16 PPG, 4 RPG, 1 APG, 37 3P% 36.   Career Starts, 689 Career Points

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/dusan-neskovic-1.html

Is the Stanford kid that IU recruited going into the portal? Big shooting guard iirc