Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

What Can IUBB do to Revive Your Excitement/Confidence?

45 minutes ago, MikeRoberts said:

He already has. There is no excitement, not in recruiting, not on the bench, not on the court, not in the fanbase.

Crean in year 4 went 27-9 and a sweet 16 and knocked off a slew of ranked teams and the future looked bright. Compare that to what we have now and it’s just sad

meanwhile Brad underwood has brought back excitement to Illinois in his 4th year and we’re drowning 

We had already been NC State and UK by this time in Creans 4th year. By this exact time in 2011 we were 12-0 with wins over Notre Dame, NC State and Kentucky. ND was a 7 seed, NC State was an 11 seed and Kentucky had probably a Top 5 team of the decade. There was a ton of excitement at this point in Creans career. And people were probably over excited because of what we had been through as a program the previous 3.5 seasons. Now... People just watch out of habit I think. We want to win but are used to losing. 

He’s like many of us that enjoy IUBB and don’t want to come to here as much when the board rehashes the same negativity.
Thats not to say it’s all unfounded; it’s just not enjoyable.

Nothing is enjoyable when your losing. Look how fun the board was when Romeo committed and everyone was feeling good until we started playing basketball then not so much lol. Point is if our guys play like this nobody is going to enjoy anything iu basketball related

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Failure to land good guards is gonna cost Archie his job. To date he has landed one good guard in Romeo and he was injured and had zero help. You arent gonna succeed without good guard play at this level. We still havent had a great guard at IU since Yogi.

4 minutes ago, Alford Bailey said:

Failure to land good guards is gonna cost Archie his job. To date he has landed one good guard in Romeo and he was injured and had zero help. You arent gonna succeed without good guard play at this level. We still havent had a great guard at IU since Yogi.

You can win just fine with 3 and 4 star guards.  They just have to develop and not look like Freshmen when they are juniors and seniors 

All well and good. Chronic Hoosier is wrong. It’s just a matter of where people want to point their frustration. What does anyone expect to see on social media (which is an immediate reaction website) when a team people are absolutely passionate about is embarrassing themselves and losing on a very regular and predictable basis?

If WE all decide to be casual/fair weather fans we can roll with the punches, but then we wouldn’t be Indiana. Common sense isn’t a strength these days.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

7 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So what are fans supposed to do after watching the team screw the same basic things up for 4 years. 

And least the fanbase still cares to see it get better one day.  

Peoplr shrugging and saying no biggie isn’t going to help either.  

This is loser talk. Losers make excuses for why there’s a lack of success 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

All well and good. Chronic Hoosier is wrong. It’s just a matter of where people want to point their frustration. What does anyone expect to see on social media (which is an immediate reaction website) when a team people are absolutely passionate about is embarrassing themselves and losing on a very regular and predictable basis?

If WE all decide to be casual/fair weather fans we can roll with the punches, but then we wouldn’t be Indiana. Common sense isn’t a strength these days.

He’s dead wrong. Laughably wrong. I’m sick and tired of people always acting like IU fans are these ridiculously unreasonable fans. We’re the only fanbase that isn’t allowed to have expectations. We’ve made the tournament 4 times in the past 12 years. Show us a ‘blue blood’ fanbase that would be ok with that. Show us a ‘blue blood’ fanbase that wouldn’t lose their minds about that, Chronic Hoosier. That Twitter guy might get his wish, though. A couple more seasons like the last few and the fanbase simply won’t care anymore. Once that happens, we’re no different than Arkansas, Oklahoma, or any other random team out there. 

He’s dead wrong. Laughably wrong. I’m sick and tired of people always acting like IU fans are these ridiculously unreasonable fans. We’re the only fanbase that isn’t allowed to have expectations. We’ve made the tournament 4 times in the past 12 years. Show us a ‘blue blood’ fanbase that would be ok with that. Show us a ‘blue blood’ fanbase that wouldn’t lose their minds about that, Chronic Hoosier. That Twitter guy might get his wish, though. A couple more seasons like the last few and the fanbase simply won’t care anymore. Once that happens, we’re no different than Arkansas, Oklahoma, or any other random team out there. 

Yeah, it’s an odd state of affairs with Indiana fans. I guess we are entitled if we have expectations. It’s very strange how we “eat our own”.

People gave Archie 3 years with very little noise. People were frustrated but the heat didn’t get put on Archie like it is now. Indiana fans are passionate. Give us a winning program and we’d be the best fanbase in the country. Give us a Losing program and we get grumpy. Pretty simple solution that makes sense.

It's weird to me that some IU fans can watch our program and get mad at the frustrated fans rather than the results on the court.  Some people would rather see rainbows and puppy dogs than deal with reality.  Dealing with reality is life.  Refusing to accept reality is delusion

It's time fellas.  This ain't working.

2 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Yeah, it’s an odd state of affairs with Indiana fans. I guess we are entitled if we have expectations. It’s very strange how we “eat our own”.

People gave Archie 3 years with very little noise. People were frustrated but the heat didn’t get put on Archie like it is now. Indiana fans are passionate. Give us a winning program and we’d be the best fanbase in the country. Give us a Losing program and we get grumpy. Pretty simple solution that makes sense.

We’re really no different from any other fanbase, imho. We’ve been bad for most of the past 12 years. Social media has always became a huge part of the world during the past 12 years. Combine social media and an incredibly frustrated fanbase and this is what you get. Duke, Kansas, UK, etc. fans would be the same way if they were in our position. We just happen to be the program stuck in a rut for the last decade. 

But expecting to make the tournament more often than not makes us entitled, apparently. They get mad at fans for being passionate, but they’ll complain when fans lose the passion and stop watching too. Oh well. The losses hurt a lot less when you expect them beforehand. 

We’re really no different from any other fanbase, imho. We’ve been bad for most of the past 12 years. Social media has always became a huge part of the world during the past 12 years. Combine social media and an incredibly frustrated fanbase and this is what you get. Duke, Kansas, UK, etc. fans would be the same way if they were in our position. We just happen to be the program stuck in a rut for the last decade. 

But expecting to make the tournament more often than not makes us entitled, apparently. They get mad at fans for being passionate, but they’ll complain when fans lose the passion and stop watching too. Oh well. The losses hurt a lot less when you expect them beforehand. 

100%

3 minutes ago, Josh said:

It's weird to me that some IU fans can watch our program and get mad at the frustrated fans rather than the results on the court.  Some people would rather see rainbows and puppy dogs than deal with reality.  Dealing with reality is life.  Refusing to accept reality is delusion

It's time fellas.  This ain't working.

Fans can say “trust the process” and “be patient” all they want, but at some point we actually need to see some progress. It’s easier to pretend that everything is fine and dandy than it is to look in the mirror and be honest about the state of the program. There’s nothing special about IU basketball right now. We’re not a blue blood. We’re not even an above average Big 10 program at this point. We haven’t made it past the sweet 16 since 2002. We’ve made 4 tournaments in the last 12 years. We’re living entirely off our history at this point, and that history gets older and older each year.

One big problem with the pumpers telling me how to act is their attitudes for the last 4 years.

We all know I've been a vocal critic of Archie since he was at Dayton.  When Crean was fired, he came up as a candidate.  I did not want him because I saw a bad offense and a poor coach.  I was told by many many people that I was clueless on the subject and I simply didn't understand basketball.

Fast forward 4 years of being told this, and they're still trying to tell me that they're right.  Now they're trying to tell me how to post?

Step away from your fantasy world pumpers.  Accept reality.  Some people learn slower than others, but they need to eventually learn.  Archie isn't the coach to bring us where we want to be.

In the history of basketball, there has never been a good team that could not shoot. We have not been able to shoot for four years...

Archie feels like he’s been an interim coach for four years. The guy hasn’t embraced being the face of our program at all.