Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

johnsoniu

Game Thread-@Wisconsin- 12/5- 3:30 ABC

Think the line is Wisky -12.5.  Seems high even with Penix out.

I agree. Even if our offense struggles, our defense should keep us in it. My worry is if we have quick drives early and often, then our defense will be gassed come 4th quarter. However, if the offense and Tuttle can do a lot of short passes and sustain drives, I really like our chances.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I’m not able to watch Game Day. Anyone catch what they had to say?

Only pollack picked IU to win. Everyone else said without penix they felt Wisconsin would win.

Wisconsin has two receivers back that didn’t play last game and they felt that would make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Man I am worried for today.  With Penix out, how are we going to move the ball consistently?  As crazy as some might have think I am for saying this amongst other things, I am actually not too concerned about our offense.  More our defense even as good as they have been.  It’s hell being an IU anything fan anymore.

6 minutes ago, Naturalhoosier said:

I’m not able to watch Game Day. Anyone catch what they had to say?

IUc2016 covered that above.

Of note, the opening montage during "Coming to your City" now contains the clip of CTAs stage dive into the players following his post game PSU speech. Football school doing football school things

Lee corso also brought up a good point about IU’s defense and something that has me worried for this game.

The defense is built to defend the spread and is an elite pass defense. But can it defend the Wisconsin offense that is built to run the football and wear you down? We will find out!

Ohio state’s power run game basically won them they game against IU. Hope Wisconsin doesn’t have the same success.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

42 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Lee corso also brought up a good point about IU’s defense and something that has me worried for this game.

The defense is built to defend the spread and is an elite pass defense. But can it defend the Wisconsin offense that is built to run the football and wear you down? We will find out!

Ohio state’s power run game basically won them they game against IU. Hope Wisconsin doesn’t have the same success.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Did pretty well against Michigan which wants to be a power running tea......haha I almost got that out. These are interesting points. 

Going to need some takeaways today I think 

Today is a great opportunity to knock off one of the four teams that IUFB currently has a losing streak against in the B1G.  We haven't beaten the Badgers since '02 - my freshman year in B'ton = I

For fun, the four B1G schools that fit that criteria are:

• Ohio St.(last IU win 1988)
  • Iowa (...2012)
  • Minnesota (...2007)
  • Wisconsin (...2002)

7 minutes ago, KingPG21 said:

Its weird that the line is at 14. Yah we're missing Penix, but Wisconsin's accomplishments this year are beating up on two really bad teams, then looking incompetent against Northwestern.

I think history of Wiscy beating the absolute piss out of us has some to do with it along with it being in the frozen tundra.