Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Texas - 12/1/20 @ 1:30 on ESPN

EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE!
We're playing in our 3rd game of the season, can you believe that? We played a cupcake, a below average team, and now a good team finally. We're ready to call it a season after our first true game since early March? 
We're young, we bring 4 freshman off the bench. Our defense is different including our offensive system. Let's give this some time.
Like last year when we went to Wisconsin. Probably going to have the same type of year

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, cappymo14 said:

I’m not getting into who’s fault that was. Somebody needs to answer for it though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

There is plenty of blame to go around.  It starts and ends with Archie.  He has to be better getting this offense going, making smart plays and taking care of the ball, and getting these players motivated.  It's on the players to play smart and play with a purpose.  Just a few tweaks and we could have been in the game.  The most frustrating part is just watching the players go through the motions.  On the court, it starts with Trayce.  In order for this to work, he has to get it going down low like the player he's shown he can be.  He hasn't done that in two games against decent competition.  Where are the upperclassmen getting pissed about the effort or even showing effort themselves.  It seems that most of the team is just happy to be able to play college ball and don't care about the effort it takes to win.  That will make a ton of difference.

5 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I readily admit I took an extended nap and am not going back and read all the posts so maybe it's already been discussed but where was Anthony Leal today?   And yesterday as well?  He's the one most considered the "shooter" of the Geronimo, Galloway, Leal triumvirate.

I truly hope he becomes a solid 4 year player, but I have always had serious doubts if he was as good as his ranking and able to play in the big ten. Had the chance to watch him multiple times in highschool, have talked with a couple people close to both IU and South, and I think his minutes so far reflect where he is currently at. Coming into today he'd played 11 minutes over 3 games. 

Again, before people jump down my throat, he is young and I hope he continues to grow. I just dont see his minutes increasing in year 1 for him. 

4 minutes ago, maharkn said:

Like last year when we went to Wisconsin. Probably going to have the same type of year

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

Let's be honest, it's practically the same team except a few freshmen that might contribute.  I expect the same crappy losses like this and some good wins.  Probably in the same 18-20 win range.

Just now, theriverpilot said:

Let's be honest, it's practically the same team except a few freshmen that might contribute.  I expect the same crappy losses like this and some good wins.  Probably in the same 18-20 win range.

Got fewer cupcakes this year 18-20 wins would be a crazy good year. 

3 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

I think that is what has gotten to me. A buddy of mine texted me after the game and said "if today weren't so similar to what we have seen over the past several seasons, I wouldn't be so worried", which I think is what a lot of us are feeling. 

3 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

Lol if you lie to yourself enough I guess you can make it true.  Like you have been lying to yourself about Archie being any thing but terrible 

Whaaaaaat?!  Don't confuse your ignorance with my thoughts on how Archie Miller has performed while the coach at IU.  What's the saying about assuming?  When you assume you make an..

My lack of bitching and moaning about the coach on this thread doesn't mean that I believe Archie has been great or even decent at IU.  Those who I communicate through DMs and the educated discussions I've had with people in person are how I feel.  Ditto for the Crean era.  Like another post indicated, this starts at a level much higher than Archie.

I won't add anymore negativity to this thread after this but this performance among many others during the Miller era were just plain terrible. I can accept stinkers from time to time but man this is old. Maybe I'm delusional in expecting more results.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Yep not worth adding to the negativity but this type of game under archie miller is becoming a common occurrence.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, theriverpilot said:

I would take our 20-12 record from last year and just subtract the four cupcakes we didn't get this year, so probably something like 16-12 and a tourney appearance that the Big Ten probably earned for us.