Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IUBB vs Providence - 11/30/20 @ 2:15 ET

1 minute ago, HoosierAloha said:

Who steps up as the Robin to TJD's Batman?!  Coach Cooley is a solid coach and I believe he'll do his best to shutdown TJD, knowing it's their best chance to win.  Will they double TJD in the post?  If they do will it be a guard digging down with IU's limited ability to hit from outside or a forward coming from the weak side?  Will Phin and Durham get hot from outside and make them pay for over helping on TJD?

I'd like to see Phin and Durham step up and lead this team.  They can both be solid shooters and have shown it for stretches throughout their career.  Hunter also has the potential to contribute in the role of Robin.  I was happy to see him take smaller defenders to the block and get his back to the basket game going.

I'm ******* pumped for some meaningful basketball and to see how this team performs against real competition.

It's gameday *******!!!

I would really like to see Race and Jerome step up and prove they can be quality producers. If they have improved from last year, it makes this team that much closer to its ceiling. 

1 minute ago, IUc2016 said:

I would really like to see Race and Jerome step up and prove they can be quality producers. If they have improved from last year, it makes this team that much closer to its ceiling. 

I want Race getting back to that junkyard dog type player.  He doesn't need the polished game but that would be even better.  If he can defend, rebound, and get those garbage man points on Orebs that'd help a lot.  His 3FG stroke in the hype videos looked pretty good but I remember him absolutely clanking several attempts last season.  Does he just get too pumped during games?  If Hunter and Race take two steps forward from their play at the end of last season we'll be pretty solid.

17 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Who steps up as the Robin to TJD's Batman?!  Coach Cooley is a solid coach and I believe he'll do his best to shutdown TJD, knowing it's their best chance to win.  Will they double TJD in the post?  If they do will it be a guard digging down with IU's limited ability to hit from outside or a forward coming from the weak side?  Will Phin and Durham get hot from outside and make them pay for over helping on TJD?

I'd like to see Phin and Durham step up and lead this team.  They can both be solid shooters and have shown it for stretches throughout their career.  Hunter also has the potential to contribute in the role of Robin.  I was happy to see him take smaller defenders to the block and get his back to the basket game going.

I'm ******* pumped for some meaningful basketball and to see how this team performs against real competition.

It's gameday *******!!!

I love Al but not sure he’s up to the task of being Robin.  Phinisee is who I am hoping to take the leap.  His ability to defend, hit shots and make plays are going to be a key this year. 

Jerome is another player with potential to slide in as one of core guys.  

If Phin, Hunter and TJD are playing up to their potential we will be a well balanced dangerous team. 

And Race, Al, Lander and everybody can focus on their roles 

9 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I love Al but not sure he’s up to the task of being Robin.  Phinisee is who I am hoping to take the leap.  His ability to defend, hit shots and make plays are going to be a key this year. 

Jerome is another player with potential to slide in as one of core guys.  

If Phin, Hunter and TJD are playing up to their potential we will be a well balanced dangerous team. 

And Race, Al, Lander and everybody can focus on their roles 

Good points re: playing their roles.  Phin, Hunter, and Lander probably have the most talent to step into that second tier role behind TJD.  Lander will probably take some time but Hunter and Phin can do it this season.  The other players need to do their part and not step out of their role.  That has been a huge issue in previous seasons.  (I won't name names but we all know who they are).  Franklin and Durham need to consistently hit their outside shots mixed with solid drives to the rim while protecting the ball.  I'd like to see Durham getting back to drawing fouls left and right on his drives.  Thompson needs to rebound, defend, and be the energy guy he was at the end of last season.  Galloway had a solid debut but needs to be in better position defensively; run outs, consistent shots, and rebounding from the guard spot.

Just now, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Do I watch segments between patients or wait until the end of the day to watch uninterrupted?  That's the question of the day. 

Gotta do uninterrupted.  Such a better flow.  Back when I had the set up I would delay starting a game to skip commercials and get that even flow of basketball 

8 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Do I watch segments between patients or wait until the end of the day to watch uninterrupted?  That's the question of the day. 

I thought making patients wait was taught in Intro to Dentistry 101.   lol

I just don't have a good feeling about today's game.  I hope our Hoosiers prove me otherwise.

24 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

I thought making patients wait was taught in Intro to Dentistry 101.   lol

I just don't have a good feeling about today's game.  I hope our Hoosiers prove me otherwise.

lol, we keep a prompt schedule here OF.  And, yes, agree on 2nd point.  This team is going to have to prove they are more the just "TJD and the Traveling Support Crew".  

I will have a 2:00pm "closed door" webex.  wink! wink!

I thought I was in the clear with the TV in my office, but will have a slight interruption with a mandatory conference call at 2. Shouldn’t last long so I should be good for the entire 2nd half.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

6 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

He probably won’t have access to the kick tail gonja in NC as he would in Maui. Ought to be somewhat cogent..... I would think.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Both Bill and poor Benetti are remote so Bill is already at the peak of Mt. Marijuana.

9 minutes ago, Whoozhers said:

He probably won’t have access to the kick tail gonja in NC as he would in Maui. Ought to be somewhat cogent..... I would think.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

After listening for a little while...no matter where he is he obviously has a connection.