Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Loaded Chicken Sandwich

Myth: You don’t need a go to guy to compete for Nat’l titles.

46 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

But you’re right. I don’t like their system. It’s too slow. But look at how 3 very good players who could go iso when needed boosted them to a title. And Bennett loosened the leash on those 3 last season.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

At what point did any of those 3 “go iso” last season? How can you possibly pull any iso ball out of quite possibly the least iso-centric program in the country? You don’t have a Tony Adragna film sesh to back you up on this one. 

At what point did any of those 3 “go iso” last season? How can you possibly pull any iso ball out of quite possibly the least iso-centric program in the country? You don’t have a Tony Adragna film sesh to back you up on this one. 

Well I watched it happen. With my eyeballs inside my face.

So, we all agree that we like good players? Is that what we're arguing about?
I guess it seems the argument is if you need one guy who is better than your other good guys to make a basket when needed. I think that is it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I guess it seems the argument is if you need one guy who is better than your other good guys to make a basket when needed. I think that is it

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Yep, now that you guys are caught up do you feel enlightened?

The guy that hates Virginia’s system and doesn’t care to watch it is now going to explain to everyone exactly how Virginia’s system works?

I have a hunch that this may play better on xavier.com than it does here. 

Ha! I wasn’t pretty sure that was Xhoosier or whatever the name was.

It’s not that they don’t have a system. I’m saying you have to have both if you really want to compete at the highest level. You need the system and dudes who can go score when you need it. Sometimes the system just won’t do it at a specific time. We had it with Yogi. His senior year, sometimes had to go outside the system and do it himself.

I understand what you're talking about but you may not have explained the best in the OP

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

A great team needs a good offensive system and a guy that can create for himself when that system breaks down. I believe that to be the point and his reason for arguing is that people told him you be a great team by just simply having a good "team system". This is my interpretation

A great team needs a good offensive system and a guy that can create for himself when that system breaks down. I believe that to be the point and his reason for arguing is that people told him you be a great team by just simply having a good "team system". This is my interpretation

You need at least one. But most of your champs have more. Then there are programs that can be elevated by one guy like a BYU with Jimmer or Davidson with Curry. Even this years Dayton team with Toppin. The Wichita State team that undefeated with Van Vleet, Baker and Early. You gotta have both. Look at how it’s elevated Seton Hall. Right now we just don’t have that kind of guy on the roster.

7 minutes ago, BGleas said:

This is one of the more confusing threads I’ve ever seen. I don’t understand the dispute? Yes, you need a good coach, you need a good  team system, and you need good and great players. 

Disagree. 

IMHO, you need a good coach, you need a good team system, and you need good and great players. 

2 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

You need at least one. But most of your champs have more. Then there are programs that can be elevated by one guy like a BYU with Jimmer or Davidson with Curry. Even this years Dayton team with Toppin. The Wichita State team that undefeated with Van Vleet, Baker and Early. You gotta have both. Look at how it’s elevated Seton Hall. Right now we just don’t have that kind of guy on the roster.

So if we hypothetically had that player would you believe that Archie ran a capable offensive system?