Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

So now that I know at least 2 people are reading this, I'll pass along this rugby story from my college days in the last millenium.  Freshman year I lived in Teter Quad and the roof of the quads were used as sundecks in the spring.  A then IU rugby player would sunbathe wearing only a sock and that's all I'm going to say!!

When I was at IU, my buddy was a rugby player at Indiana State. It was so unregulated that they asked me to fill in with ISU vs IU. We were a rag tag group, non-matching uniforms (blue shirts lol). IU came marching onto the field, all business. They totally destroyed us, concussions were given, fingers and noses broken. After, we all partied together- I will tell you that few others can party like rugby players

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I used to climb 14ers in Colorado. 52 mountain peaks above 14k ft in the state.  We were nearing the summit and hear a commotion. Turn around to see the US Rugby National team was RUNNING up the path.  Not jogging, but full on running.  This is probably 13.5k ft plus/minus. I couldn't believe it. One guy get about 25 yards passed me and starts throwing up. He finishes as I approach, laughs and runs up the rest of the way. Special breed of people play rugby. I am definitely not one. 

New recruit Wyatt Schrader of Royal Irish Rugby affiliated through Indpls. Cathedral HS.  Apparently in rugby, they use the expected graduation date, i.e., 2024 vs. the enrollment date we typically see for the other IU sports.  Wyatt plays the center position and is a 2-time state champ.

Image may contain: 1 person, possible text that says '中 RUGBY Wyatt Schrader COMMITTED Center Cathedral Royal Irish, IN Class of 2024'

The founding father of IU rugby.

IU Men's Rugby:  It’s with a heavy heart that we share the passing of club founder Bob Pace (pictured below, #48). His efforts to grow the game of rugby across the Midwest have helped it to reach where it is today. His legacy will be carried on by our former, current, and future IU ruggers.

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'Spring 1963 Indiana University Rugby Memorial Stadium, Bloomington, INA 38 Randy Long (41) assists on tackle, While Jerry Collester 470), Issv Abramov 8 Phil Bryant (12), Ken Potocki (27), Bob Pace (48), John Bellino (28), and Barry Wakeman (38) come to the bail.'