Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hoosierfan2017

Fire or ‘Way to Go!’ Tom Allen?

14 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Oh and mods.....ban me if you’d like....lol ik I took some personal shots, but what has he actually contributed to any conversation in the past? what an embarrassing thread and take. Go Hoosiers. 

Please mods, don't ban. Lucel is one of the great football contributors here!

24 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Lol what a joke of a thread. But hey great way to get the he was a hs head coach people together. Y’all meet up Friday nights and talk about your X&Os? Just curious? I’d love to join? The QB you saw playing....allen got him, the dB you saw making plays against a senior WR....Allen got him. Need I go on. The fact that we talk about the same ol year after year argument when referring to allen is asinine. You want someone to put something in to this program....let them build what they want to build...what happens when Archie chokes? Will you then call for his head? IU has never been a consistent program and you want to rip someone that is actually trying to build something instead of showing up trying to build maybe gets success and leaves.....get out of here. I’m still waiting for the haters on here to eat their crow and say Penix is the real deal and is talented like everyone was saying. But hey let’s listen to too dumb crew....fire him....let’s go....woooohoooo... Let’s continue to be the browns of the NCAA. Let’s watch all these recruits leave the team and transfer. Let’s begin another building term of 3 years....**** we didn’t let his team develop. Fire him.....lol is that all IU fans know is when you get shitty and salty you say fire fire fire. Get out of here. I gave you the benefit of the doubt in the QB argument, I shouldn’t have your takes have no backing and show you’re just a salty baby back....that is upset Coach Wilson was fried after two bowls...despite his lack of recruiting talent, depth and overall his offense was failing towards the end of his run. You’ve never actually contributed to any conversations.....you just moan and yell your fires or uneducated takes. When something good happens....crickets....when something bad....you let it be known that you’re displeased with something....so my question to you is....you got more of them reversible ND/IU jackets for you and your gang? Looks like you need more.  

Yikes. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. 

5 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Yikes. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. 

No your takes just offer no substance with them. They are my feelings are hurt....Colin Cowherd esq takes. So by your takes you had us at 5-0 at the end of September? Dang I’d be mad too....how much money you have on that bet? Pretty optimistic. We are 3-2 where we all thought we’d be. 4-1 if we don’t make some mistakes. But we are where we thought we’d be. So what exactly do you want? Urban? Because he ain’t coming.....les miles? I’ll pass....  so what is it did allen not offer your son or you a scholly? And for the people in here saying he hasn’t won against the top 25 Kevin Wilson didn’t do crap against the top 25 either. He went 2-16 if I can count....which in all honesty 16 could be wrong +-1or2 games.....but one of those wins was against MSU and I can remember people writing that game off as a nice win....because that was the year MSU went 3-9, and amazing 1-8 in the big ten... so since people seem to nitpick at Allen....I will. Wilson went 1-16. So where’s this amazing coach we used to have? Oh yeah that’s right he won the games he was supposed to and had 1 upset against Missouri. Since ya know people don’t count that MSU upset.....and those people typically float in your boat. 

21 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

No your takes just offer no substance with them. They are my feelings are hurt....Colin Cowherd esq takes. So by your takes you had us at 5-0 at the end of September? Dang I’d be mad too....how much money you have on that bet? Pretty optimistic. We are 3-2 where we all thought we’d be. 4-1 if we don’t make some mistakes. But we are where we thought we’d be. So what exactly do you want? Urban? Because he ain’t coming.....les miles? I’ll pass....  so what is it did allen not offer your son or you a scholly? And for the people in here saying he hasn’t won against the top 25 Kevin Wilson didn’t do crap against the top 25 either. He went 2-16 if I can count....which in all honesty 16 could be wrong +-1or2 games.....but one of those wins was against MSU and I can remember people writing that game off as a nice win....because that was the year MSU went 3-9, and amazing 1-8 in the big ten... so since people seem to nitpick at Allen....I will. Wilson went 1-16. So where’s this amazing coach we used to have? Oh yeah that’s right he won the games he was supposed to and had 1 upset against Missouri. Since ya know people don’t count that MSU upset.....and those people typically float in your boat. 

Ok. Anything else you'd like to get off your chest?

Allen continues to make rookie mistakes in his third season of coaching, and he chokes every time in the fourth quarter. Running 3 straight times, when we averaged 2.5 yards per carry, is an ultra conservative, play not to lose, move. Allen does that every time we're in a close game against a ranked team. The qb is on fire, he completed 20 straight passes at one point, and you take the ball out of his hands to run the ball when we've struggled running the ball all season? Guess wanting our coach to play to win is a "my feelings are hurt because Allen didn't offer me a scholarship" take. I should just be happy we didn't lose by double digits. 

I offered positives from the game, and I said that I now recognize that Penix is the better option. If you glossed over those posts or didn't read them, that's not my problem. 

22 minutes ago, mamasa said:

Please mods, don't ban. Lucel is one of the great football contributors here!

Not sure if sarcasm or not lol. But either way thanks. I try. Even tho I’m millennial I’ve Been invested since 2004. I’m not satisfied with all these moral victories but if some people can’t acknowledge what basically this staff has been saying about the youth and talent this staff has built....then you’re ignorant. If you’re just going to poo poo everywhere and not offer any talking points....then I’ll wake up on the wrong side of the bed. It’s okay to point out negatives, but at least make an effort to point out positives when there were a ton on Saturday. Yeah we lost. From what I saw everyone who commented negatively so far...thought we were going to lose....so what are you exactly mad about? 

3 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Not sure if sarcasm or not lol. But either way thanks. I try. Even tho I’m millennial I’ve Been invested since 2004. I’m not satisfied with all these moral victories but if some people can’t acknowledge what basically this staff has been saying about the youth and talent this staff has built....then you’re ignorant. If you’re just going to poo poo everywhere and not offer any talking points....then I’ll wake up on the wrong side of the bed. It’s okay to point out negatives, but at least make an effort to point out positives when there were a ton on Saturday. Yeah we lost. From what I saw everyone who commented negatively so far...thought we were going to lose....so what are you exactly mad about? 

Absolutely no sarcasm!  There are very few that I put stock into what they post here, and you're one of them.  You've got a great football mind and can analyze the situation very well!  

24 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Ok. Anything else you'd like to get off your chest?

Allen continues to make rookie mistakes in his third season of coaching, and he chokes every time in the fourth quarter. Running 3 straight times, when we averaged 2.5 yards per carry, is an ultra conservative, play not to lose, move. Allen does that every time we're in a close game against a ranked team. The qb is on fire, he completed 20 straight passes at one point, and you take the ball out of his hands to run the ball when we've struggled running the ball all season? Guess wanting our coach to play to win is a "my feelings are hurt because Allen didn't offer me a scholarship" take. I should just be happy we didn't lose by double digits. 

I offered positives from the game, and I said that I now recognize that Penix is the better option. If you glossed over those posts or didn't read them, that's not my problem. 

So you’re just choosing to ignore the main factor in who has built this team and recruited the players they have right now....and the talent on the back end of the seniority levels....got it. I wasn’t purely referring to you and not recognizing positives....I’m referring to the people you knew this would incite or bring out of the wood works to support your Max Kellerman take. I saw your comments....

So rookie mistakes can’t happen. Got it....am I perplexed by those calls just as you were yes, but to call for his head? I don’t get it....oh and I believe he’s said deboer has the final say in the offense....well as you guessed it he’s the offensive mind and Allen basically has said that’s his scheme he adds input, but deboer has final say....so I guess we should call for head instead. The one person who hasn’t really shined in this whole scenario is the DC hire. The scheme was not run correctly many times on 3rd and Longs, and Allen let him hear it....too many times I see oh he’s a cheerleader....well maybe he’s still developing because I though Allen was going to kill Womack right there on the 40 yard line when he was up in his face. Yeah it’s allens team, but he’s handed over play calling like we wanted him to and now the same people are mad....we don’t want a conservative offense but in certain situations you have to be....was that situation a good spot...probably not....then I’ve seen we can’t have an explosive offense because that screws our defense....so what do you want? A whole new staff once again? You want 4years of rebuilding? You want recruits to leave? Because with the free market out there that will for sure happen,  and where was this outrage when Wilson got into tight situations and switched up his play calling? His whole offense shrunk when it came down to the end of the game. Not to mention where was the outrage with a Wilson and all of his mistakes and blown finishes? If you’re gonna call it one way....call it the other. Because to me it seems like you’re in a very skinny short sighted tunnel. I’m referring to tunnel vision. 

1 minute ago, lucel15 said:

So you’re just choosing to ignore the main factor in who has built this team and recruited the players they have right now....and the talent on the back end of the seniority levels....got it. I wasn’t purely referring to you and not recognizing positives....I’m referring to the people you knew this would incite or bring out of the wood works to support your Max Kellerman take. I saw your comments....

So rookie mistakes can’t happen. Got it....am I perplexed by those calls just as you were yes, but to call for his head? I don’t get it....oh and I believe he’s said deboer has the final say in the offense....well as you guessed it he’s the offensive mind and Allen basically has said that’s his scheme he adds input, but deboer has final say....so I guess we should call for head instead. The one person who hasn’t really shined in this whole scenario is the DC hire. The scheme was not run correctly many times on 3rd and Longs, and Allen let him hear it....too many times I see oh he’s a cheerleader....well maybe he’s still developing because I though Allen was going to kill Womack right there on the 40 yard line when he was up in his face. Yeah it’s allens team, but he’s handed over play calling like we wanted him to and now the same people are mad....we don’t want a conservative offense but in certain situations you have to be....was that situation a good spot...probably not....then I’ve seen we can’t have an explosive offense because that screws our defense....so what do you want? A whole new staff once again? You want 4years of rebuilding? You want recruits to leave? Because with the free market out there that will for sure happen,  and where was this outrage when Wilson got into tight situations and switched up his play calling? His whole offense shrunk when it came down to the end of the game. Not to mention where was the outrage with a Wilson and all of his mistakes and blown finishes? If you’re gonna call it one way....call it the other. Because to me it seems like you’re in a very skinny short sighted tunnel. I’m referring to tunnel vision. 

I'm not putting it on DeBoer because it's his first year and we saw the same problem time and time again during Allen's first two seasons. Allen is the common denominator. I'm still not the biggest fan of DeBoer. Too many east/west passes and not enough variety in the passing game.. Some drives were all east/west and some were all downfield. You gotta mix it up. The 4th down sweep was a headscratcher. 

The DC has been very bad. In an ideal world Allen can give up play calling, but he needs to take it back over. The DC is not getting the job done. Allen is a defensive guy, but our defense is our biggest liability now. They have been getting gashed left and right. if he takes the play calling back over and can turn the D around then I will give him props for that.  

I think there is reasonable criticism of the in game decisions. I just don't think it's risen to the level of "fire him and start over". What I am really hoping to see this season is consistent effort and that will nearly guarantee a bowl game. The Minnesota game last season was atrocious and IU clearly wasn't interested in competing in a very winnable game. That can't happen again.

2 hours ago, lucel15 said:

Lol what a joke of a thread. But hey great way to get the he was a hs head coach people together. Y’all meet up Friday nights and talk about your X&Os? Just curious? I’d love to join? The QB you saw playing....allen got him, the dB you saw making plays against a senior WR....Allen got him. Need I go on. The fact that we talk about the same ol year after year argument when referring to allen is asinine. You want someone to put something in to this program....let them build what they want to build...what happens when Archie chokes? Will you then call for his head? IU has never been a consistent program and you want to rip someone that is actually trying to build something instead of showing up trying to build maybe gets success and leaves.....get out of here. I’m still waiting for the haters on here to eat their crow and say Penix is the real deal and is talented like everyone was saying. But hey let’s listen to too dumb crew....fire him....let’s go....woooohoooo... Let’s continue to be the browns of the NCAA. Let’s watch all these recruits leave the team and transfer. Let’s begin another building term of 3 years....**** we didn’t let his team develop. Fire him.....lol is that all IU fans know is when you get shitty and salty you say fire fire fire. Get out of here. I gave you the benefit of the doubt in the QB argument, I shouldn’t have your takes have no backing and show you’re just a salty baby back....that is upset Coach Wilson was fried after two bowls...despite his lack of recruiting talent, depth and overall his offense was failing towards the end of his run. You’ve never actually contributed to any conversations.....you just moan and yell your fires or uneducated takes. When something good happens....crickets....when something bad....you let it be known that you’re displeased with something....so my question to you is....you got more of them reversible ND/IU jackets for you and your gang? Looks like you need more.  

If I banned you I'd have to ban myself..How can I ban you when I agree with you so strongly? It's not a ban-able rant when you're right on every point; it's just passion for a rising football program.

This may be the most potential the IU football program has had in my years following it, and I was there during the Mallory era.

9 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

If I banned you I'd have to ban myself..How can I ban you when I agree with you so strongly? It's not a ban-able rant when you're right on every point; it's just passion for a rising football program.

This may be the most potential the IU football program has had in my years following it, and I was there during the Mallory era.

So, telling people they've "never contributed to a conversation", calling them the "too dumb crew" and "baby back" (we all know the third word of this) is mod-approved behavior? Just wondering what the rules are here.

33 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

So, telling people they've "never contributed to a conversation", calling them the "too dumb crew" and "baby back" (we all know the third word of this) is mod-approved behavior? Just wondering what the rules are here.

Quit being such a baby. 

51 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Really? Cause I was there for the Mallory years as well and we are light years from that.

First off, what coach in their right mind is going to want to come to a program that just fired the previous Coach after three seasons, especially when the third season was promising with a bunch of talented youngsters seeing the field.

This is as excited I’ve been about an IU football team in a long time. They’ve looked solid so far this year and are currently favored in their next four games, which would equal a 7-2 record and likely an appearance in the AP Polls. We’ve got Michigan, in a down year, at home between when they play Michigan State and Ohio State, and a struggling Purdue to finish off the year. Granted the game against Penn State will likely be a loss, that’s a record that’s looking at an honest 7-5 with a possibility of winning 9 f****** regular season games. Right now, most of the fan base would guess 7 wins over 5 for the rest of the way. That’s something Indiana hasn’t had in who knows how long. But yeah let’s fire the coach orchestrating all that, a coach who likely wouldn’t use Indiana as a stepping stone program, and throw the bank at someone like Nick Saban, Urban, or Dabo who would wanna come here so we can regularly beat ranked teams.

Gotta take a step back at times and look at the big picture guys.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

3 hours ago, lucel15 said:

Oh and mods.....ban me if you’d like....lol ik I took some personal shots, but what has he actually contributed to any conversation in the past? what an embarrassing thread and take. Go Hoosiers. 

If you took personal shots you should be banned. 

56 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

This is intriguing. Only reason I would argue is the B1G of the mid 80's had more upward mobility. After the Big 2 it was pretty open even though Mich St and Iowa were good, they were not consistent.  A lot of wins to be had against Purdue, Nwestern, Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota.....anyway I agree that IU seems to be building a foundation. I hope it pays off.